Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Would you consider this GID?

I am sort of with a few of you... So called AGP is just a cop out.

I am sitting here, trying to figure out how to class myself. Maybe if I mull it over a little bit, I can put it down in a more concise manner.

I will post my little note later today. But a really do appreciate all the well meaning comments as this is very complicated and personal of a problem in which I am trying to get a handle on.

Totally understand. Smile You know where we are if you want to bounce some ideas around or just vent. ^_^ x

"But, would you consider, and to what degree, that a person... That was satisfied most of his life to be a man, and wanting boobs, and a feminine shape and cross-dress..... Would that be under the umbrella of GID and what have ya??"

Hi, IaBoy,
I think that that would fall under GID in some ways. The concerns are likely related to being feminine, which seems to be something most "normal" men don't want. Below, I had a more detailed explanation of what I think are the mechanics, but proceed at your own risk. ;-)

Also, "normal" only exists in the books. Even before the explosion of "mental illness."
We're not abnormal, really, but we can DO something about the differences we want to achieve.
I think AGP is just a model used to describe it, and I also have thoughts on that below, if you want the details. ;-)

("Below the fold")

I'm probably an outsider here because I don't think AGP is an issue.
At least, not the issue it's being made out to be.

AGP was a theory from an outsider on what seemed to be happening. Meant to classify a population, so as to facilitate an appropriate treatment.

It went off the rails because it has a faulty premise. Bad premise = bad conclusion. The mechanism described seems accurate, though.

As an example: If you're aroused by women, and want to be one, are you a lesbian? Is a post-op MTF attracted to women a Lesbian? Or a heterosexual male? (Actually Hetero male, if we look at it one way: Sex of participants. But if we look at the gender identity, instead of biological sex? Lesbian. So... What happens when we address women with AIS, then? Or Kleinefelter's? Etc. No model's going to work 100% anyway. But now you know my bias, so can account for it.)

I think a woman would be very aroused in sex by the feelings and sensations of her body. I'd think that includes looking down and seeing her lover penetrate her. Which view includes seeing her breasts, belly, etc; and her lover's parts, as well. Making it a "full picture" sensation, as opposed to the more male "Thrusting" point of sensations.

So, AGP is probably mis-used by those outsiders looking in, but they don't have anything better. After all, we're about as close as you can get to knowing both sexes, in a lot of ways.
We are born Transgendered. (MTF, let's say.)
So, we perceive the world from a feminine view (per MRIs of TG brains, showing that the brain more closely matches the target sex than the birth sex. Sex used to refer to genetics, as opposed to gender identity or expression.)
But we're basically beaten down routinely, as that's a masculine routine. Must be tough, must be aggressive, must be strong, independent... Which in this context, are basically things girls (I.E., our mental sex) are NOT, and we respond very badly. If you were to raise a girl the same way - you'd be arrested for child abuse.
So we are abused mentally, in essence, by people who don't mean to hurt us.
In simple terms, if you wire a circuit, and then put the power source in backwards - what happens? (Raise your hand if you remember the smell of ozone... ;-) )

As adults, we have SIGNIFICANT issues, really - we've just learned to deal. The psychological scars are still there. We can still smell the ozone...

Johns Hopkins' Dr. Paul R. McHugh claims that
Quote:transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.
(http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/mich...sex-change)

I think we can agree that a sex change at the chromosomal or DNA level is impossible. I don't think we argue that. I think we might have disagreements on whether it's a mental disorder, but we also recognize that what IS out of order and more easily "corrected" is the body.
Think of it like changing your computer program from Windows to a Mac. You need to review the code, buy the new machine (with the new OS installed, mind), and then recompile, go through a few checks, bug fixes, etc, and then MIGHT be able to run the recompiled code....

So if PC = male, and Mac = female.... We're looking at massive program changes. But you can make a PC LOOK like a Mac for a lower cost, and a lot less work... Just replace the outside case.
And the "Mac" will love what "she" (chromosomes are 46 (X,Y) still) sees in the mirror... But she hasn't actually become a MAC, she just looks like one.

It's the best solution to a bad situation, and it doesn't address the other problems. Which is the same as what Dr. Maxwell Maltz found in his practice about... 45 years ago, I think it was. PsychoCybernetics was born from his notes, and it addresses the self-image.

For us, if we see "woman" as "Beautiful," and we want to BE beautiful, our mind sees it as, "Must be woman to be beautiful." That's essentially hard-wired into our brain (MRIs show this, which partially disproves the Johns Hopkins doctor above.) We're trying to fit our biological programming...

AGP doesn't change any of that, I think. It's not much different from a woman wearing pants to ride a bike or horse. It just makes sense. Dresses are far less practical for that.
The arousal seems like it would be normal....
"I'm here, with him (her), looking down at my beautiful body, and my lover's beautiful body, and it's SO... HOT...."

From a manly point of view, I always got turned on looking at my lovers... I got turned on MORE thinking of myself as female with them, but that's the "AGP," right?

Or is it just that the issue of self-identity (per Maltz) is then fully expressed, and since we do NOT have that "block", things flow better?

I've seen some advice, for instance, in Ann Landers, where a woman wrote asking help to tell her son how to NOT be gay. Ann Landers' response was to actually tell the mother to try prove the attraction was a choice, by having the mother be attracted to women for a week. Once that was successful, she wrote, THEN the mother could explain to her son how to NOT be gay.

Basically pointing out, you're attracted to who or what you're attracted to... Kind of hard to CHOOSE to be attracted to the opposite. Tell a submissive to be a Dom, it's going to go poorly. Try to Top a Dom, it's a hell of a job, if it can even be done.

Sorry I got so far off topic.

-Jean

That is a good read and thought provoking as well...

But, here is where I am at...

Up till the time, I was about 35..... I was all male.. Played fast and recreational softball, my wife and I had 3 children..

But, one fateful night, we were invited to a Costumed Halloween Party. I didn't have a clue as to what to wear. My wife suggested we both cross dress. At first, it felt creepy, weird, abnormal. But she insisted it would be fun.

It was, we had a blast at the party and got pretty snockered...LOL It is true, that if you loose count of drinks, you are past the point of no return.

Anyways, I remembered that after we got home and dismissed our babysitter, we made love.....

We both awoke in the morning, and still has traces of other's clothing on. (must of passed out after the wrestling match. he he! )

I thought I would it of felt weird, out of place, but not so much. After all, was it the fun of the party? The drinks? Or was it cross dressing??

I dabbled in cross dressing, on/off since that point, to me it was a liberating thing. But after having my heart attack, and being forced into retirement because of it... That's when it REALLY hit.

Up to the point of my start of my health problems, I always had to use breast forms, or stuffing of some sort.. But, after a year or so I developed gynecomastia, I kinda yearned for the day I would NOT need to stuff anything.

Then, I discovered that I wasn't the only weird loony person by visiting this and many other sights..... I discovered, that I wasn't weird or loony after all.

That other peeps walked to the same drummer as I did. ( In various degree's) So, in a way I have found a safe place.

For that, I owe a lot to Ellie, Lotus and too many here, too many to name. (memory is very poor anymore)

So, thanks for everyone's sincere input. And, I am sorry for such a rambling tome.

Late onset is quite common. But about 'gender dysphoria'... not all transgender peeps experience dysphoria at all even though it is the main thing the docs look for. And even those that do, experience it in varying degrees and it manifests in different ways.

There is also gender euphoria. Maybe you are perfectly comfortable in your skin. But before your first cd experience you had nothing to compare it against. Like a man who has slept on nothing but solid wood all his life. His wooden block is perfectly comfortable and it never occurred to him that there was anything else he would rather sleep on. Then a friend introduces him to a mattress. ^_^ The next night his wooden block is no more or less comfortable than it had been his entire life but he had realised how much more comfortable he felt on a mattress.

Sorry for the cheesey parable. Just I believe gender euphoria is equal to gender dysphoria but is rarely talked about. Before I started PM I thought I would live perfectly happily as a guy for the rest of my life. I was comfortable. Now I can look back and see just how hard that wooden bed was. ^_^

It's also worth remembering that not all trans peeps even transition full time. Alice Novic (an author who I think may be nonbinary) self identifies as trans though only feels the need to spend one or two nights a week in female mode. Other people need less, some need more, not just in time but I suppose depth as well.

It's a gender spectrum after all. Smile Just do whatever feels right to you.

And nice post, Dianna Smile

I tried... some years ago to understand why when I was a kid I always wanted to play with girls stuff, and why then as a teenager I never felt my self comfortable with other boys, then you know hormones push you to try everything and well, yes. I did it. I tried everything, as male and female and I enjoyed them both.

Moving, what a mess... I changed countries to try new things (speaking about my job) and I had to put aside lot of things, also me and my inner me!

So one bright day,settled, a marriage and 2 kids later I closed my eyes and I asked my self what I really wanted... here I am trying to be a woman. Not sure if one day I'll do everything to be one but the point is that if I have to "privately" say if I am a man or a woman, I won't doubt it. I am a woman.

But you... it's just your decision and it's all about what you feel comfortable to be. Close your eyes, think about you and answer yourself that question. Do not try to think about what medical books and encyclopedias want you to be. Think at what you really feel to be.

OH... oh.. and I am sure you already know what is the answer!

:-)

(02-02-2016, 07:19 PM)iaboy Wrote:  That is a good read and thought provoking as well...

But, here is where I am at...

Up till the time, I was about 35..... I was all male.. Played fast and recreational softball, my wife and I had 3 children..

But, one fateful night, we were invited to a Costumed Halloween Party. I didn't have a clue as to what to wear. My wife suggested we both cross dress. At first, it felt creepy, weird, abnormal. But she insisted it would be fun.

It was, we had a blast at the party and got pretty snockered...LOL It is true, that if you loose count of drinks, you are past the point of no return.

Anyways, I remembered that after we got home and dismissed our babysitter, we made love.....

We both awoke in the morning, and still has traces of other's clothing on. (must of passed out after the wrestling match. he he! )

I thought I would it of felt weird, out of place, but not so much. After all, was it the fun of the party? The drinks? Or was it cross dressing??

I dabbled in cross dressing, on/off since that point, to me it was a liberating thing. But after having my heart attack, and being forced into retirement because of it... That's when it REALLY hit.

Up to the point of my start of my health problems, I always had to use breast forms, or stuffing of some sort.. But, after a year or so I developed gynecomastia, I kinda yearned for the day I would NOT need to stuff anything.

Then, I discovered that I wasn't the only weird loony person by visiting this and many other sights..... I discovered, that I wasn't weird or loony after all.

That other peeps walked to the same drummer as I did. ( In various degree's) So, in a way I have found a safe place.

For that, I owe a lot to Ellie, Lotus and too many here, too many to name. (memory is very poor anymore)

So, thanks for everyone's sincere input. And, I am sorry for such a rambling tome.

(29-01-2016, 08:25 PM)iaboy Wrote:  I guess, I am just not up on the psycho babble and such.

But, would you consider, and to what degree, that a person... That was satisfied most of his life to be a man, and wanting boobs, and a feminine shape and cross-dress..... Would that be under the umbrella of GID and what have ya??

(29-01-2016, 08:25 PM)iaboy Wrote:  But, would you consider, and to what degree,

Yes, I would consider it to be non-binary gender, which is an umbrella term. This is about you iaboy, not transphobic discrimination. It's like hearing your real ain't real enough, please.........gimme a break. (song lyrics lol)

And btw, the discrimination can come from all sides, (oddly, it can also come from mean girls in the trans community).

Gender Fluid -is a gender identity best described as a dynamic mix of boy and girl. A person who is Gender Fluid may always feel like a mix of the two traditional genders, but may feel more boy some days, and more girl other days. Being Gender Fluid has nothing to do with which set of genitalia one has, nor their sexual orientation.

Why reject someone's non-binary gender?. The stereotypical gender binary doesn't fit all, the varying degrees of gender just says the road of transition should be fexible.

iaboy, great thread.

And here's some science of GID, lol, like there was any doubt it existed. Rolleyes

(27-01-2016, 02:46 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Son of a gun, or (SOB)........I was right Rolleyes modifying genes does promote (advance) GID symptoms..... Clearly, this does give weight why we see a progression of guys wanting boobs to the decision of transitioning, and it ties to inhibiting CYP17, you know, the enzyme upstream where testosterone synthesis begins.

J Sex Med. 2015 Jun;12(6):1329-33. doi: 10.1111/jsm.12895. Epub 2015 Apr 29.
The CYP17 MspA1 Polymorphism and the Gender Dysphoria.

Abstract
INTRODUCTION:
The A2 allele of the CYP17 MspA1 polymorphism has been linked to higher levels of serum testosterone, progesterone, and estradiol.
AIM:

To determine whether the CYP17 MspA1 polymorphism is associated with transsexualism.

METHODS:
We analyzed 151 male-to-female (MtF), 142 female-to-male (FtM), 167 control male, and 168 control female individuals. Fragments that included the mutation were amplified by PCR and digested with MspA1. Our data were compared with the allele/genotype frequencies provided by the 1000 Genomes Data Base, and contrasted with a MEDLINE search of the CYP17 MspA1 polymorphism in the literature.

MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES:
We investigated the association between transsexualism and the CYP17 MspA1 polymorphism.

RESULTS:
A2 frequency was higher in the FtM (0.45) than the female control (0.38) and male control (0.39) groups, or the MtF group (0.36). This FtM > MtF pattern reached statistical significance (P = 0.041), although allele frequencies were not gender specific in the general population (P = 0.887). This observation concurred with the 1000 Genomes Data Base and the MEDLINE search.

CONCLUSION:
Our data confirm a sex-dependent allele distribution of the CYP17 MspA1 polymorphism in the transsexual population, FtM > MtF, suggestive of a hypothetical A2 involvement in transsexualism since the allele frequencies in the general population seem to be clearly related to geographic origin and ethnic background, but not sex.
© 2015 International Society for Sexual Medicine.

Much like iaboy, crossdressing is where I began. I had a thing for girls in stockings when I was young, I blame catholic school. For some reason, when day while home alone at 12, I was like I wonder what this is all about and tried on a pair and it felt amazing. I don't know why, but I loved it. This led to two years of dressing any time I was home alone, I fit into my mom's clothes at the time, I would put on makeup and everything.

Then went to high school and said I need to forget about that stuff. I'm in the in between age where the internet came into existence while I was in high school, but not to where it was by my second year of college. So we fast forward to the aol days and I started to meet CD's online and trans women and eventually in person. During that time, I still craved dressing and might have on a rare occasion. As an adult, I sort of realized one day, "hey I can buy my own stuff now" so I started with stockings and eventually heels which led to leggings and now bras Smile I had seen the transfemme site which I always assumed was BS and then saw natureday and somehow wondered onto the ainterol board one night and started reading. A few months later, I dove in and well I'm pretty happy where I am now ... but starting to figure out where do I go from here. Should I start to bend my gender more, or try to just be a boy with boobs. I love so much about being more of a woman, maybe this is my chance to finally get there. Yet at 35, is it worth making that type of change, it could hurt my career which obviously impacts funds to live. So I'm in between, but doing NBE really does start to blur the lines, at least for me compared to where I was a year ago from today.

I do firmly believe that had I grown up in the internet age, but when I was 12 and dressing, I would have looked into and possibly transitioned. I hit a point where I really wanted to be a girl back then. I would have likely started with drag and then would have transitioned.

Understand Shanemy, but I really wasn't into crossing, until my wife into'd me to it for a party, but man. Did it snowball from there...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon