Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Something to consider, GD in classic animation (satire)

This is meant to be humorous, but with a grain of gee i wonder.

Have you ever noticed that someone in the Scooby Doo/Mystery Inc. gang didn't quite fit? She just looks so awkward and misformed. It's as if the animators and writers are trying to tell us something. She isn't who she pretends to be. She's actually a man.

I'm of course talking about Daphne. Yeah, Daphne... not Velma.

If you love classic cartoons like I do, you start to notice trends in the animation style. Across all Hanna Barbara cartoons, men and women are drawn differently. The body form, postures, shapes, movements, all differ greatly between male and female characters. In the case of Scooby Doo, this even served as an accidental giveaway to the surprise ending sometimes when female villans were pretending to be male monsters or vice versa.

When men run, they lean forward, let their arms hang, and take longer strides while women typically (shut up, Hurculoid Amazon queen) stand tall with their elbows at their sides, taking faster choppy steps. Daphne leans when she runs. Velma stands tall.

Female hands are always drawn longer, and tend to narrow towards the end of the fingers. Male hands are wider and squared off. Daphne has square hands.

With my last bit of evidence, not to poke at alternative sexualities, but noone ever denies that Fred was gay. If that is truly the case, then why is it that whenever the gang splits up, he always takes Daphne to explore the bedrooms? This leavese Scooby and Shaggy to raid the kitchen and Velma to lose her glasses and find a monster instead.

Daphne is confirmed here as the first GD/TG cartoon in mainstream animation. That scarf she wears is just to hide the Adam's Apple.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

No wonder Daphne was always my favorite. Hmm very good sleuthing Etna!
Bobbi

Somewhere an animator is muttering, "And I would've gotten away with it, if not for you meddling kid!"

WinkBig Grin

Amazing insight indeed!

Cool

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon