Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Voice - Sounding Female

Do you want to sound female? My voice issue is somewhat unique. I naturally sound female. I practiced lowering my voice to present male. So after many years since puberty I sound male. But my herbal NBE has brought out my naturally high voice. I guess my self voice lessons are needed so I can present male. But I have slipped into my natural female voice. I am getting a new set of doctors from my new health plan. I want to see if I can get psycological care for this GD.

Absolutely want to sound female! Big Grin My voice has been giving me a fair bit of stress. Started voice training a couple of weeks ago using the guides on reddit. It's going alright but still cant use it 24/7 or even on cue.

my progress -> http://girlcalledtasha.tumblr.com/tagged/voice-training

and this is the guide i started with

https://www.reddit.com/r/asktransgender/...g_regimen/

the guide on TransVoice is good too, and they're great for feedback

https://www.reddit.com/r/transvoice

There is more to talking like a woman than the pitch of your voice. A woman's speech pattern has a distinct cadence which differs from a man's. Listen to the the melody of a woman's voice which ends on a high note more times than not and compare it to the way men speak. Additionally, women use different words and terms than men do to describe the exact same thing. You need to listen and learn a whole new vocabulary if you want to fit into your new world.

I'd suggest looking for an old copy of "Melanie Speaks." I have that one, it's good on the lesser-considered means of communication.
E.G., the Pace and Intonation of How a woman Speaks?
(Try stressing the capitalized words, and raise the tone at the end of the sentence, like asking a question? See how it feels different?)

I'm not sure it's still "in print," but it might be available here and there. If not, I'll see what I can do to find it again... Haven't seen it in years!

It's more important to SOUND FEMALE than to sound girlish. Husky-voiced women are around, it's the breathing, the location you speak from, the vocabulary you use, and the phrasing and intonations, which will make you pass or fail. ;-)
A breathy, lilting, enunciated pattern of speech will help. Tell a story, don't just convey information. (See also my unpleasant post elsewhere on "the words don't matter." You're not talking to convey information, but to connect, to associate, and get opinions and cover or shade messages.)

I've heard good things about "Deep Stealth Productions," but never bought anything from them.

If you have a large, booming voice as a man, you'll want to constrict it a bit in your throat, too. :-) STOP talking from the chest. Control your breath, and ASK, don't demand, don't give orders. Women are held to a very different standard there, so tell people what you want, and let them figure out how to do it.

I'll go looking for the tape (VHS) tonight. Might get lucky and find the CD, too....

-Dianna

I'm the furthest thing from an expert, but from what I've found by dinking around a bit, one of the most crucial aspects of a fem voice is where you resonate from. Try making a "Mmmmmmm" or "Nnnnnnnnn" sound for a while. It should feel like it's resonating near the tip of your nose and lips. Try to speak from there. I've got a practice pdf here that I think I yanked off of an old reddit thread or something.

Attached Files
.pdf Oral-Resonance-Practice-Exercise-1.pdf Size: 333.49 KB  Downloads: 14

My voice I believe is a function of my personality. Somehow when I talk to my son, 11, and my pets, or at home, and on the phone I am told I sound female. I guess it is my natural voice. So I let out my female side more recently. Yes I could learn and practice my voice. If I let my guard down I just feel more naturally a female voice.

Uploaded a video showing my progress after three weeks of voice training Smile

http://girlcalledtasha.tumblr.com/post/1...ice-by-now

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon