Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fenugreek. Bad reactions or good anyone plz?

I tried Fenugreek 1 x 3 for about two weeks back in January and I had awful side effects. Chest pain, constant spotting, my stomach hurt, and I was getting crazy headaches.

My hormones were all messed up already though from my IUD and I started fenugreek again when I was put on the pill to regulate my cycle. Partially because I wanted to see if anything would happen and also because I am cheap to the core and hated that I'd paid for pills I wasn't using Tongue

This time around, I took 2 x 3 for about 10 days and my skin broke out horribly. I stopped taking them because my skin was bothering me. I did have a bit of swelling in my breasts, but mostly my skin was bad and I was really tired.

My skin is always awful though so maybe you'll have better luck Big Grin

(30-03-2016, 11:07 PM)CaisealUchta Wrote:  I tried Fenugreek 1 x 3 for about two weeks back in January and I had awful side effects. Chest pain, constant spotting, my stomach hurt, and I was getting crazy headaches.

My hormones were all messed up already though from my IUD and I started fenugreek again when I was put on the pill to regulate my cycle. Partially because I wanted to see if anything would happen and also because I am cheap to the core and hated that I'd paid for pills I wasn't using Tongue

This time around, I took 2 x 3 for about 10 days and my skin broke out horribly. I stopped taking them because my skin was bothering me. I did have a bit of swelling in my breasts, but mostly my skin was bad and I was really tired.

My skin is always awful though so maybe you'll have better luck Big Grin

That sounds terrible for you Sad
I found an Indian store today and got hold of fenugreek leaves I thought I'd try for tea.
Also they had SUCH CHEAP supplements I couldn't believe it.
Ashwaghanda and shavatari for $5....
Now that's either a good or badddd thing.
I wondered if sourced and bottled in India it's pure unadulterated and therefore cheap OR it could be the complete opposite.
But also found a huge range of spices you just CANT buy in our supermarkets.

I didn't notice "the smell", but it made me sweat profusely, and that got old, quick.

Fenugreek gave me mixed results.
On one hand I did have increased nipple sensitivity and a bit of breast growth.
On the other it definitely increased body hair thickness for me. Also a percieved increase in body temperature which was ok in the winter, but not so much in summer.
Also yes the smell, but that wasn't bad. Quite liked that tbh.

I've been taking fenugreek on and off for about 2 months. While i'm on it i gain weight but it feels like it just goes to my stomach Sad i'm 108 pounds and 5'6" so it's not too big of a deal but i want it to go to my boobs! Have you been having this problem too? I don't have this problem when I apply it topically but i can only do that at night because I don't want to smell during the day

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon