Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Can we still be MEN

(10-03-2016, 09:19 AM)Dana Mantra Eon Wrote:  It seems to me that the whole "point" of transgenderism is that you're not stuck. You can choose to change to however you think suits you best. If that's being feminine but still being able to "summon the beast" so to speak, then yeah, it's very possible.

I am totally of that nature.... Pick a fight with me, and I can pummel you with breasts and fist! ! ! Big Grin

But seriously Dana, I am in your corner on the above statement.

45 auto doesn't care who's pulling it's trigger the results will be the same if someone is breaking down the door. you need to respond male or female

(18-03-2016, 03:17 AM)small A Wrote:  45 auto doesn't care who's pulling it's trigger the results will be the same if someone is breaking down the door. you need to respond male or female

Let me introduce you to terms such as "Gender Fluid" and "Bi-Gendered"

It's not as black and white as you think it is.

Gender fluid, does that turn you into a victim? .

(18-03-2016, 03:48 PM)small A Wrote:  Gender fluid, does that turn you into a victim? .

To be blunt, being a PU**Y is what makes you a victim.
Being a man or woman, or anywhere in between, has no bearing on it. ;-)

I think that "gender fluid" and similar "Maybe A, maybe B" designations are a real problem for most people, though. I don't think it's a good means of expression, especially since I see so much leeway given to women in their modes of expression. A woman can be butch, or a bitch, or a C---, or a sweet, demure, angelic, (etc).... A man is basically He-Man, or a pu**y (or fag, or queer, or whatever derogatory word fits.)
It's just throwing an additional issue out there. How do you know how to respond to someone? Is he or isn't she...? Or vice-versa today?
I don't mean to invalidate anyone's identity or self, I merely mean to point out it makes things far more complex.

Since I'm one who scares small children, and adopted the bad attitude as a sort of mental armor, I'm not one to talk - but I've come to recognize the bad effects of these decisions, and I now need to undo 25+ years of damage. Alone, I'd point out.

So, why make things even more difficult, by going in two diametrically opposed directions?

Each of us has to decide and act on this ourselves, though. Funny thing is - that's part of being a "man" in our real definition! :-)
A man takes a stand for what is right, even if it is unpopular.... Even if it puts him at risk.
Women can do it, too, it's just not seen as a feminine attribute.

-Dianna

(08-03-2016, 02:50 PM)julieTG Wrote:  What our wives or significant others need to see and know is that we are still the protector in the family, even if it means dashing after a burglar in bra and panties in the middle of the night ?
I know myself that even in full girl mode, I would be a lion in micro seconds if need be
Can we all say this ?
If we can then reassurance boundaries are perhaps very important ie to prove and show to our significant others and partners that we may not be 100% men , but we sure can still defend them and be there when the poo hits the fan ?
Thoughts ?

Julie

Wearing a bra can be practical in such a situation. You could use your bra to choke out or to restrain the intruder. Tongue

Seriously though. Since I'm single I feel like an outsider to answer your questions, but here I go.

Your questions remind me of an earlier post I made a while ago:

(05-04-2014, 12:30 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  Have you read the story "Retrieved Reformation?" It's about a criminal named Jimmy Valentine who's proficient with cracking safes. After he gets out of jail, he gets a new identity and starts to build a new life that's free of crime. He falls in love with a banker's daughter. Meanwhile the police think he's still robbing banks. Towards the end of the story, the nieces of his soon to be wife accidentally lock themselves in the bank's vault. The timer for the lock hasn't been set yet, so there is no way the employees can open the door. The love of his life begs him to do something to save the girls from death by asphyxiation. He wants to save the girls obviously, but the only way he can save them is to reveal his true identity by using the skills he utilized as a criminal who cracked safes.

Jimmy Valentine is the reformed criminal who has given up on his past life of crime. However, he still possesses the knowledge and abilities of a criminal, even though he doesn't actively engage in it anymore. Is he a law-abiding citizen now or a criminal who is in denial about his true identity? Does utilizing his criminal skills even though it's for a good purpose prove he's still a criminal at heart?

I think the question is how masculine and feminine are you, and how much of your life as a male are you carrying with you as you journey down the NBE path. Does pursuing NBE undermine your masculinity or vice versa? Does wanting to protect your wife make you less of a transwoman and more of a man?

It sounds like you're preoccupied with labels and identities. Perhaps you should take the simpler path of embracing who you are and leave it at that?

For those of philosophical bent, there's an interesting parallel take on the problem here:
http://therationalmale.com/2016/02/03/th...of-europe/

The thrust of the piece is more about the European theater (war sense). The invasion that's currently going on, and the women's response which is referenced on the page.
And then an analysis of what it means, and how it's something to act on or not - and the repercussions of both.

Grander scale than our discussions, it's a Macro view. Makes for an interesting read...

And in some ways, makes a very strong point for a more stringent set of gender roles, which I know makes some of us somewhat uncomfortable.

But useful to flesh out the discussion.
-Dianna

(23-03-2016, 04:05 AM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  For those of philosophical bent, there's an interesting parallel take on the problem here:
http://therationalmale.com/2016/02/03/th...of-europe/

The thrust of the piece is more about the European theater (war sense). The invasion that's currently going on, and the women's response which is referenced on the page.
And then an analysis of what it means, and how it's something to act on or not - and the repercussions of both.

Grander scale than our discussions, it's a Macro view. Makes for an interesting read...

And in some ways, makes a very strong point for a more stringent set of gender roles, which I know makes some of us somewhat uncomfortable.

But useful to flesh out the discussion.
-Dianna

In terms of this I live in the UK, and dont really think things are as bad as they are protraying. However anti muslim sentiment is slowly on the rise here and the muslim communities in some places are becoming very insular, which I dont see as being a good thing.

Maintaining a fair, compassionate society isnt feminine at all, its just human, its also about providing people with security in all forms and ensuring that all feel included - thats the way to a better society not more wars and aggression.

However, with recent tragic events in Europe I think they will almost look to fence in Europe and I dont think that willl be a good thing at all because they will eventually start to look at removing non conformants outside the border.

(Had long response, but figured too off topic. Canned it unless someone wants to hear - PM if so.)
I did want to acknowledge the response, Satya. Thank you for that.

I wasn't so much looking at what you responded, to, though as to the specific disconnect: That males must be MEN when it benefits women, and be (whatever she needs) the rest of the time - and you can't bridge the gap between those two points.

Personally, I'd rather a woman who'll grab the axe (I don't own a gun, but lots of blades), and sneak around in the dark to find the source of the problem - and fix it. And possibly call the police for cleanup, later. Or not - there's a lot of room in the Charles River just outside our door....

You see, man or woman - I can't be there all the time. And I can't necessarily deal with multiple attackers. So while the woman might be impressed I'm first up and out - I want her to be following, so she knows what happened, and maybe can stop the problem as well. Watch my back. Not hide somewhere doing the damsel in distress shtick. I want a warrior. I want my clan. I can treat a warrior like a princess, but I can't treat a princess like a warrior, she'll break.
Just as a gentleman can behave like a savage, but a savage cannot behave like a gentleman.

I could go on, but I think I'm too far afield as it is. Men and women are different. Different roles, different wants and needs. We're the outliers trying to make things work - making things "fit" for us. But we're moving towards a feminine body, and that places its own limitations on us, and to then expect us to transcend those limits when it's convenient to her?

Displays a profound lack of understanding.
-Dianna

Hi Dianna,

I would agree re the gender roles, and that things only seem to work one way, although I definately disagree with the aspertions in the article that Europe is feminised to a great extent.

I think there is a breaking point we are heading towards here both in terms of gender roles we are different but need to work together to achieve common goals, but I think popular culture has a lot to answer for in terms of making people follow the herd in how they act. If more people thought about how to act as an individual they would question things more rather than just accepting things (i.e. low voter turnout in the young) and decide how they want society to be.

As an individual I am feminising myself because I dont want to be stuck confined to a specific gender physically or mentally but at the same time feel that both sexes need to learn from each other, maybe acting in traditional roles is the only way for that to work. I am much more glad I live in a tolerant and open society and I think that actually works better for most people than a binary approach to things.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon