Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hormone replace therapy, questions

Hey guys, I have been seeing a therapist for 3 months now and am now on HRT from a doctor, 100mg spiro and 2mg estradiol. Prior, I was on PM and had some breast growth and nipples were sore. I have been on HRT for 2 weeks now and have noticed my nipples are a little less sore. I plan on trans with surgery in 2 years, does anyone know someone who completed then regretted the completion? Need advice and not certain the therapist gets it?

Regret is rare but real . If you are the one or 2% who regret it then that's disastrous. Full stop .

Hormones are reversible if you happen to discover that it's not what you want . If it is it's great too if you just stay on hormones without undergoing any further surgery .

Why do you propose an all or nothing path ? Beside GRS ( full sex change ) there is also orchiectomy ( partial sex change ) which means that they remove your testicles but leave your penis intact , scrota included . You could go for orchiectomy and see how you feel with that . If it reduced your genital dysphoria enough that further surgery isn't necessary then you're good . If you still feel like you need the vagina you can still undergo GRS after an orchiectomy .

It's important you don't rush into these things . I would stay at least 3 years pre-op if I were you . 3 years is long enough to know if you need the surgery or not .

People who show sex change regret are usually the ones who had surgery immediately after the required 1 year mark on hormones .

Transition is a marathon , not a race !

As for who regretted the surgery : two famous examples are : Walt Heyer and Charles Kayne . Both had reversal surgery . Please , realise that these are exceptions and if you are already focussing on regret cases then you must be honest with yourself wether surgery really is for you or not . There is no shame in being non-op .
It's far worse to experience regret after you had the surgery and discover it wasn't for you . Reversal surgery is definitely not functional and is pretty much worthless . It's a small remedy they offer regretters to ease their pain but the thing is once your genitalia are gone , they are gone , no restauration is possible .

Think long and hard and be honest with yourself : is GRS a fetish ? A requirement to fit into others standards ? An absolute necessity ?
Only you know , only you , no one else !!!

Wise post mtf

Mike
If you having any doubts already forget surgery

Do a few years on hormones

Julie

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon