Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

EGCg

How much EGCg are people using GTE getting from their supplement and seeing results with?

I just found out that the local least-expensive herb store in town carries a good 80% extract with 200mg EGCg per veggie cap and am thinking about having my BF pick up a bottle. It has 90 vcap's per bottle, so I'm wondering how long a bottle should last me. 90 days? 30 days? 15 days? Less?

I'm mostly going to use this to try to get my weight back under control without being able to spend as much as it'd take to actually eat better, but if it even just helps slow down my regression to maleness as well, that'd be a very nice plus.

Unfortunately I'm pretty certain at least some of my recent weight gain is water retention thanks to all the sodium in the not-food that is all we can afford to keep from outright starving, so this alone isn't really going to get me back to an ideal weight, but it should help. Any help it can give me on the not-a-man side of things will be nice as well.

I am taking 7 to 9 caps a day. 2 first thing when I get up ( before my T gets too high ), then one mostly every two hours.

If that helps any ??

I'm only taking 3-4 in the morning but thinking of ramping up.

(16-03-2016, 11:51 AM)jannet.duff Wrote:  I am taking 7 to 9 caps a day. 2 first thing when I get up ( before my T gets too high ), then one mostly every two hours.

If that helps any ??

(16-03-2016, 12:15 PM)JennaFae Wrote:  I'm only taking 3-4 in the morning but thinking of ramping up.

How much EGCg in mg though? Almost every product is going to vary on how much of a dose is actually in each cap.

Also, what sort of results are you getting? Either of you actually see a difference in your body weight at the scale for that part of things? Getting your E2 measured, or at least measuring an actual increase in female aspects?

(16-03-2016, 12:22 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(16-03-2016, 11:51 AM)jannet.duff Wrote:  I am taking 7 to 9 caps a day. 2 first thing when I get up ( before my T gets too high ), then one mostly every two hours.

If that helps any ??

(16-03-2016, 12:15 PM)JennaFae Wrote:  I'm only taking 3-4 in the morning but thinking of ramping up.

How much EGCg in mg though? Almost every product is going to vary on how much of a dose is actually in each cap.

Also, what sort of results are you getting? Either of you actually see a difference in your body weight at the scale for that part of things? Getting your E2 measured, or at least measuring an actual increase in female aspects?

I am using the naka branded green tea caps. 400mg @ 95%.
With the other herbs combined it's hard to say what herb is causing what effect. However, from my last blood work ( 3 weeks ago ) my keytones are high ( 0.5 ) this is an indication that my body is burning through its fat storage.

(16-03-2016, 07:46 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  I am using the naka branded green tea caps. 400mg @ 95%.
With the other herbs combined it's hard to say what herb is causing what effect. However, from my last blood work ( 3 weeks ago ) my keytones are high ( 0.5 ) this is an indication that my body is burning through its fat storage.

Thank you. Feminization aspect? Anything to note there?

Since the product I will be using is also 400mg, and also 80% catechins, whilst my product doesn't mention total polyphenol percentage, and your product doesn't mention just EGCg percentage OR mg, I would think it'd be safe to say they're likely about even, so that's good to know.

(16-03-2016, 08:16 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(16-03-2016, 07:46 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  I am using the naka branded green tea caps. 400mg @ 95%.

Thank you. Feminization aspect? Anything to note there?

Hard to say it's because of the green tea caps, but I do "feel" bigger up top.

How have you been taking it? I've been seeing a lot of research that indicates it has some absorption issues and especially protein basically locks it all up. These studies generally conclude it's best taken on an empty stomach first thing in the morning an hour before breakfast. One study even suggests that fish oil and vitamin C improve absorption and to take it with 1 gram fish oil and 200mg vitamin C but still an hour before breakfast. I don't have any 200mg vitamin C tablets, but I do have 500mg ones, so I'll be using that and I do have 1 gram fish oil caps, so I'll be using those.

BTW, it's ONLY EGCg that they find have these absorption problems, all the other compounds in GTE seem to absorb just fine in any conditions, and actually some of them are improved with protein. Too bad it's the EGCg we're after!

I pretty much run on an empty stomach all day, and eat just one big meal in the evening ..

5:00am - WP/ PM / 50mg spyro
5:30am - 2x green tea caps - ( then 1 cap every few hours )
5:45am - 1/4 cup of oats in hot water & small Soy milk
6:00am - Vit C and other herbs.

9:00am - PSO cap - small tin Oysters & Apple.

10:00am - PM cap

11:00am - PSO cap - yoghurt & banana

1:30pm. - PSO cap - large orange

3:00pm - PM cap

@ 6:00 or so - supper

9:00pm - WP & PM

This happens most days ...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon