Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

A fantastic, unbelievable and surreal week...

I have just returned from an unplanned, unexpected, and almost unbelievable, totally surreal week.

It started when my wife found an absolute bargain price package last-minute holiday to Luxor, Egypt. Sitting by the pool on the first afternoon, the lady from the hotel Beauty Salon came by, looking for customers. My wife was interested in a manicure and pedicure and somehow, the 2 of them persuaded me to have the same ( I was most reluctant of course!!), not something I've ever experienced before.
Well, over the space of the next 5 days, I progressively had a manicure, a pedicure, flowers painted on my big toe nails, my eyebrows were threaded to a lovely thin curve and then dyed ( that was kind of accidental and very scary, but I love them), my eyelashes were dyed, I had facials, I had a full body scrub and I had a full face make up!! This was all in public in the hotel Beauty Salon and whilst my eyelashes were being dyed there was an American girl sitting next to me having her hair done, it just felt totally unreal, and completely wonderful!

Even more, Egypt is one of the last places you'd expect this to happen, but I had 3 different girls working on me and the Salon owner came in a couple of times as well.
The other amazing thing was that I spent the whole week by the pool and nobody took any notice of what had happened to my appearance, apart from one lady who referred to my “fabulous eyebrows” LOL.

My wife had exactly the same treatments and it was fantastic, both of us side by side, and she also bought me some beautiful jewellery.

We are intending to back later in the year, and guess the first place we are going once we've checked in??

Sounds like fun! Cool

Wow, you lucky girl!

Lucky you. ... Very jealous ..

Hi pansy

Did anyone notice or comment on your development while all this was being done ?

Julie

Julie,
No, much to my surprise. I had a shirt on for most of it, of course, but for the full body scrub I was a bit apprehensive to be honest! That was the last procedure so we knew them pretty well by then and a small attractive girl, who is 29, did mine, with her boss doing my wife. It apparently simply didn't bother her, I stood in a bath wearing nothing but swimming trunks ( actually 'boy shorts' bikini bottoms!) and she slapped the stuff on and rubbed it in all over, without batting an eyelid!

The really strange thing was that although they both hugged my wife, they would only shake hands with me, even after rubbing their hands all over me!( BTW, they are Coptic Christian, not Moslem).

On a related subject, I spent virtually the whole week by the pool 'topless', although I did put a shirt on to walk around, and didn't get a second glance from anyone as far as I saw, even when people stopped to chat.

Actually, we got friendly with a couple who were celebrating their Ruby Wedding and also a single lady - we all just hit it off for some reason, as you do sometimes. After a couple of days chatting, we discovered that the lady has a teenage neice/nephew who is in the process of transitioning (FtM), and the couple currently have a lodger, an old friend who is going through a divorce and needed somewhere to live, who is a cross dresser! Obviously my feminine side then came into that conversation and the guy said to me, "I don't suppose you've got anything with you? Shame, I could have taken 3 ladies out for the evening."

As I said, the whole week was out of this world.

Wow
Just
Wow

X

Julie

What a fantastic vacation that sounds... Congratulations on a great week off.

I have always wanted to go to Egypt.. but finances and concerns about the situation there have delayed it.

When you say a great deal on the package, can you tell me how much?.

Like you, I would be concerned about my....... um... up top!!Blush

Many thanks

(04-04-2016, 12:28 PM)Mickie Wrote:  What a fantastic vacation that sounds... Congratulations on a great week off.

I have always wanted to go to Egypt.. but finances and concerns about the situation there have delayed it.

Many thanks

Hi Mickie,
First thing I would say is not to be overly concerned about 'the situation' in Egypt. We were there last September and again a couple of weeks ago and we have booked again for October this year. The Egyptian people are great and we feel no sense of threat walking the streets, even at night. We go to Luxor because we love the history/archaeology ( temples, tombs, etc). The tourist numbers are only a tiny fraction of what they were before the revolution and the locals can't do enough for you. We went to Sharm a few years back but it isn't for us, nothing there apart from diving and bars. I'd be a wee bit more concerned about Cairo, but not enough to say don't go.

The deal we had a couple of weeks back cost us just over £300 each for a one week 'all inclusive' package, including return flights from London Gatwick. The same package holiday is still available at about £470 for TWO weeks (going on Wednesday this week).

(04-04-2016, 01:48 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  
(04-04-2016, 12:28 PM)Mickie Wrote:  What a fantastic vacation that sounds... Congratulations on a great week off.

Many thanks

Hi Mickie,
First thing I would say is not to be overly concerned about 'the situation' in Egypt. We were there last September and again a couple of weeks ago and we have booked again for October this year. The Egyptian people are great and we feel no sense of threat walking the streets, even at night. We go to Luxor because we love the history/archaeology ( temples, tombs, etc). The tourist numbers are only a tiny fraction of what they were before the revolution and the locals can't do enough for you. We went to Sharm a few years back but it isn't for us, nothing there apart from diving and bars. I'd be a wee bit more concerned about Cairo, but not enough to say don't go.

The deal we had a couple of weeks back cost us just over £300 each for a one week 'all inclusive' package, including return flights from London Gatwick. The same package holiday is still available at about £470 for TWO weeks (going on Wednesday this week).

That is a good deal indeed... Going to talk it over with the wife and see about a trip in our future.. May even see you there.Smile

Many thanks

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon