Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My dilemmas...

(12-04-2016, 11:58 AM)jannet.duff Wrote:  
Quote:I have found that the best laid out plans are bound to go to hell in a hand basket, so I don't bother. I mostly wing it and let the chips land where they may. Also in my case most of the time it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Tongue

I think that goes for all of us Huh

Well perhaps not all, maybe a good portion though. Wink Either that or perhaps I am just a really crappy planner. Tongue. Now that I think about it, it's probably that, I really needed to take into account additional variables, unfortunately a lot of times they were unknown variables.

As for the foregiveness permission thing, I think that is split. It appears there are some pretty open people with open minded SO's that are willing to hear each other out, instead of immediately dismissing the idea before it is even fully laid out. :p

You're curious to see what it feels like to push further, but you're afraid that if you go too far, it'll turn into a slippery slope that will take your away from your entire life. Correct? Your parents, your wife, and possibly your friends would reject you if you went too far? Well, there's really only two things that you need to figure out:

Question 1. Do steps that make you closer to transition make you feel happier about yourself?

Question 2. If so, which happiness matters more: the happiness from transition, or the happiness from your wife, parents, and friends?

Question 1's steps are things like those that have already been discussed in here, or considered by you. Things like shaving your facial hair off. Dressing up. Socializing with people that would be accepting towards this course of action. Now, due to the inherent risk of being rejected by the people that are currently not acceptable to be rejected by, you'll have to pick things you can either justifiable conceal, or, offer an alternate explanation for.

I believe iaboy already suggested alternative explanations for the facial hair? Just figure out things like that. A word of caution though, once you've exhausted the things you can either hide or give alternative explanations for AND they're still making you happy/leaving you wanting more, you'll have to start answering Question 2.

If you cross the line, and experiment in some way that WILL no matter what be noticed, there will be some kind of reaction. It might be curiosity, confusion, or even rejection. Obviously, the severity will vary depending upon the severity of the experiment. But whatever that reaction is, your feelings towards it will tell you something about your answer.

From here, it's a balancing act. Asking yourself if you want more, pursuing it if the answer is yes, and gauging if the reaction is worth whatever happiness you acquire from it. No one can give you the answer (sorry, I would if I could). You're just going to have to figure out which matters more: needing the feminization, or needing the family. Only more experimenting will give you the answer.

My personal advice: if you really are transsexual, then you'll never be happy with your wife and family rejecting who you really are. Then again, if you're not transsexual, you've got nothing to worry about. The ultimate dilemma will be if you're not yet sure, yet one more step will take you into that place of rejection. If you get there, you have my best. All I can say is that if it were me, I'd have to choose finding out the answer. I couldn't live the rest of my life not knowing. That's why I started NBE in the first place.

(13-04-2016, 12:54 AM)Dana Mantra Eon Wrote:  Question 1. Do steps that make you closer to transition make you feel happier about yourself?

Thank you Dana for weighing in your opinion in this matter. Honestly, I don't know if I would be any happier in any direction. Could I be happier, maybe, but how long does that really last. With me, probably not for very long. I don't stay in any one mood for too long. Though surprisingly to me, I have stuck to NBE, which is 15 months longer than I really thought it was going to last. LOL. So growing my breasts does make me happy. I love them, they're mine and I want more. Do I see myself being happy becoming more feminine, no, no because I know the end results would mean utter misery for myself. And I feel that it would be something that would be very difficult to get over. I can see myself being content somewhere in between, but what worries me is how far will I push my own boundaries, and will it end leading down a path that I never truly foresaw for myself. Perhaps I am indifferent towards transitioning but due to current circumstances I am barring myself from seeing that in my future.

(13-04-2016, 12:54 AM)Dana Mantra Eon Wrote:  Question 2. If so, which happiness matters more: the happiness from transition, or the happiness from your wife, parents, and friends?

Unfortunately I am a people pleaser. Always have been, and will probably always be that way. Yes it has it's faults, but it is for better or for worse who I am, and what makes me, me. So at times I will go through great lengths to ensure the happiness of others, at the sacrifice of my own happiness. Is it right? Is it fair? Ehh, it is what it is. Perhaps I am a coward in that I don't stand up for myself, and worry too much what others will think.

As for the small changes here and there, I really don't need excuses for that. I've been known to do things on a whim, just because. So it wouldn't be too out of the ordinary. Now the breast development, well that's one change that is going to be a little hard to go unnoticed, and probably questioned. :p But, I will deal with that when that day comes. Big Grin

Fire,
I understand your dilemma's, as does pretty much everyone on here. However, IMO, the very fact that you are acknowledging them means that the urges won't go away. The intensity of the itch may vary from time to time, but it will always be there. Having said that, it's better to think it through and plan for things to happen and not leave it to spur of the moment chance. In my experience although spur of the moment can be wonderful, it can also turn into disaster.

Fire,
Seems to me that you and I are fairly similar in basic makeup, the differences probably mostly events of our life.

Given that, there are some things that might work better for you than permanent changes.
Obvious one is using breast forms instead of growing them...
But there are also "inflatable" implants, I understand, which can contain more or less saline. So, you could "Grow" for weekends, and "shrink" for male mode. It means an open port, though.

I didn't have time to get back here last night, but I understand the "loss of family" bit.
From my jaded view - WTF difference does it make? Dad died estranged, my sister won't talk to me, and mom is wasting away, developing glaucoma, and not responding to medication (and won't consider cannabis oil).
That's just from my girlfriend. They didn't/don't know I want to be female...

But one of the reasons I was estranged from them is, I was living in sin with a woman... So they didn't want to talk to me.
Fun, huh? Good Christians.... Worried about my immortal soul, after doing everything they could to crush any semblance of a spirit... And by comparison? My sister (adopted) got everything on a golden platter, including medical insurance, car insurance, car, all paid for by Dad.

We regret a lot of things. I regret losing my family.
But I'm also tired of their nasty, judgemental (hypocritical) attitudes. The insulting things they've said to girlfriends, treating me like a child (at 30, and still now at 40... Treating me like I'm an infant...? Stupid?)

Anyway - Consider what's happening, you need to live with the decision. Being a "people pleaser" has isolated me - how could it be worse if I'd at least pleased myself along the way?

YMMV.

-Dianna

Fire and Ice,
We seem to very similar, being people pleasers and trying to weigh happiness.
Before I started dressing on a regular basis (ie when I came out to my wife) people would always have to tell me to smile. Smiling just didnt come naturally to me. But since I have been dressing I spend much more time on my appearance, and I just cant help but smile from deep down when I look at the woman I have created. AND NOW that I am growing my breasts, I am smiling all the time. My shadow has boobs, my tee shirts have boobs, and when ever I touch them I am wonderfully happy.
I used to wear forms all the time, but now that I have little breasts I am happy to know that whats in the bra is all me. What an amazing feeling.
Where will I stop with my growth, I dont know. I'm not planing to transition so its just for me. Someday I might decide that Bobbi is all I want to be and I'll introduce her to all my friends and family, but that day is in the future. its just one step at a time for me.
Your moving in the right direction for you and as each day unfolds so will new bits of happiness. Savor the happy moments.
Bobbi aka Happyme.

(12-04-2016, 05:19 AM)Fire And Ice Wrote:  
(11-04-2016, 07:48 PM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  Well, I'll answer anyway. ;-)

I hope my long-winded response hasn't been too much. :-)

-Dianna

Wow Dianna, you said a mouthful! Big Grin Thank you very much for your insight. It was long, but appreciated. I don't think I am ready for any large group encounters. I am just not comfortable with that idea. As for bars and such, I'm not much of a social butterfly. It takes a quite a bit of effort for me to open up and be social. Sure, here it's easy, but in person, I am way too shy, and passive.

As for any involvement with my wife, that's not going to happen. She is a bit on the conservative side. I joke with her about wearing women's clothes now and again just because her clothes fit me, and she gets pretty negatively vocal about it. She does not appreciate it one bit.

So for me the idea of transitioning is REALLY far fetched. Parents that would disown me, a wife that would probably leave me, just doesn't seem like the right thing for me. There just really isn't an easy answer, I will have to settle for what I can get. How far I am willing to go to get what I want varies. Smile

(11-04-2016, 07:50 PM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  Yeah - did the same with my family over the last 20 years.
Never went well.
:-P

-D

My parents are pretty darn close minded. There is no understanding of this. There is no grey, there is no middle. There is no Bi, you're just gay. Transitioning, I would be a freak to them. I would be abnormal. I hear the way they talk, and gossip, and it drives me nuts. I have no idea how I turned out to be so different considering what I grew up with. Tongue

(11-04-2016, 07:59 PM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  This sounds a little more... complex, then.
It might make sense to look for a professional domme to talk to, and trolling the "sissy" blogs might help, too. The idea being, find a lugubrious sissy-type or woman who has some "flexibility" in her outlook, and warmth towards the unusual.
It's NOT suggesting a sexual or "professional" encounter, though. Just a discussion with someone who could be trusted a bit, and provide some insight. Then from there, maybe a gay club on Drag night? Be the quiet guy in the background, say, and talk to the queens now and then, to get yourself some socialization. And then, plan and proceed as appropriate.

I'd think it's no different from going to a strip club to ogle the women. You won't be going home with them, but you might get to chat with them a bit, on a good night. And you could certainly bring the wife along for the spectacle, and to get her opinions and feelings afterwards (I.E., make her included and play to her feelings/needs for security and safety.)

-Dianna

Not many drag places where I live, though there are gay bars. Went once long ago with friends, but I am just too socially awkward. I'm already submissive enough, I am not sure visiting with a domme is going to do me much good. Plus I'm sure the Mrs. would not like that one bit! Wink

I have found that the best laid out plans are bound to go to hell in a hand basket, so I don't bother. I mostly wing it and let the chips land where they may. Also in my case most of the time it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Tongue

Hi, Fire,
I have no plan in answering this, so I may meander.
WRT a domme, I was thinking a friendly visit, not a scene or session. Talk like girls over tea, coffee, or wine. I'm thinking along the lines of Gil Grissom and Lady Heather. Not a "professional" relationship. That might set the wife's mind at ease... Might make it worse. You're closer, you need to decide. I think it might be helpful, due to a shared set of interests. Also gets "girl time" in, regardless of how you're dressed.

There are ways to work on social awkwardness. Biggest problem I think we have (and it's a big "we") is that we care. We don't want to look stupid, draw attention, let anyone know our oddities. Truth is - most people don't care. And if they DID, they would probably use it against us, sure. Been there, done that. Didn't implement the "sucking chest wound" strategy, but I wanted to ... Tongue
But that becomes a negative cycle: We hold back, end up acting strange, and people pick up on the vibe, and find "something" wrong to pick on us for.
We can turn that around by being more energetic, less self-obsessed, get outside our heads a bit. It takes lots of time and lots of practice. Look at Pick-up artist sites, you'll find drills that will help. And then, it's turning things around. (Or, you could do the concept of the pick up artist exercises, and reverse it. Idea is to get out and practice social fluency. Grocery shopping and getting coffee counts. Pick up the barrista. Talk fashion with the cashier. Etc.)
Even if you see them daily, who cares? You had an awkward conversation, but you learned something. Next time won't be as awkward, so it is a success. And if you're thinking, "But (s)he'll remember and it'll be MORE awkard!" Even if that was true, who cares? He/She/IT (animals count too) may or may not recall, but if it's consistently odd, you'll just get classified as "weird, but harmless." If it's improving, you'll soon fade from memory - or even be, "that funny guy/girl who always has something to say."
There's nothing gained by retreating in this scenario. You just end up isolated. Take it from someone who IS isolated. (I can make friends just fine, I can flirt just fine, I just can't bring any friends to meet the girlfriend because she has to DOMINATE everything.... So she can be very entertaining, but never stops for a breath - so others can't talk. And she's the jealous type, too.)

Parents, I think I wrote elsewhere, would disown me if they knew I was on this board. Dad died estranged, mom is estranged, my sister actively hates me. (No forgiveness in her heart.) They don't know about this... Don't understand that men are attracted to women, but that that is shorthand for, "Masculine men like feminine women, and women in the US are basically taught to be aggressive, domineering, masculine @$$holes." I can't believe that there are millions of men out there who are all just THAT socially inept. Makes more sense that we were taught wrong tactics and techniques, same as the women are taught they can be and do anything, and do it better than a man, and so while they're busy showing off how great they are - men are quietly leaving. I don't want a woman who's been with 10 or 15 men... and I've read that many have more like a 100-notch count...
Put the parents shaming and parental sheltering and parental control together with inverted social designs, inverting male and feminine, and female and masculine, (a recipe for destruction since time began, but useful for selling people stuff they don't need at prices they cannot afford with money they don't have...) - I'm amazed I turned out THIS good.

Got to learn the game, though, or we don't have a prayer of getting to a better place. (However you define it.)

It's funny, too, because for all the woman's professed Liberal tendencies, I'm comparatively Conservative (caps are important) - but then, when she actually has to put up of shut up, I'm the one who seems to do the heavy lifting, and she stands off to the side and mocks. I'm sorry to be cruel, but women... Don't think. I know I'll get buried, but it's the shorthand for what's happening. "Team Woman," basically. What benefits her (and possibly her offspring) is good, and anything else is secondary. And it's not a conscious thing - not evil. Just "how they're wired." In other news, water is wet and fire burns. Tongue
The manosphere is full of this commentary, and I won't belabor it here.

What it means, though is: she's not able to feel secure, she's afraid that you're gay, or will leave her, or she'll lose you, etc, etc, etc. "Sleep of reason produces monsters." But our society (consumerism) is predicated on making people perceive wants and needs, and then selling them "The Cure For Their Fears/Wants/Needs."
Think of every advertisement you see on TV, you'll see the car ads that show beautiful women (market sex to guys), ooze wealth (sex, indirectly, and success signal), or a car on a mountaintop (independence, ruggedness, freedom)... Or, for women, a "hot guy" (who she's able to extract resources from...), or a party, or fun. Often blended together.
She wants resources (money, time, attention). She wants security, both in social station (pack order) and physically (woman is weak compared to man). We've "outsourced" a fair amount, BTW, with police all over, and our "Go GRRL" society, and we're throwing away all the signals of femininity (dresses, corsets, even foundation wear, allowing the hippos out of their river basin.. )

We need to do what we can - I can't even make suggestions here. But if a man acts towards a woman the way woman acts towards man? Sad
She'll attack his person.
And female on male violence is, "He deserved it." (There have been studies done. You'll find it re-run on the news from time to time, or hidden camera shows.)

To get ahead of this, you need to connect with her well, communicate well, and reassure her in various ways. You can even do things in "backwards" fashion, depending on your desired outcome. I.E., Poly- relationships, or belittling yourself WRT size, strength, maleness. (To get her away from seeing you as her protector and provider.)
The other alternative, MIGHT work (hasn't for me), is to push her to be more and more feminine and submissive. Re-frame things so she sees more differences between her as feminine and you as "femasculine." I think that would be a tough thing to accomplish, but, you might have the skills to do it. (Another reason to seek out a domme or even dominant and talk, just talk, about the psychology.)

A few ugly things I found in my 10-year relationshit here:
- If I gave, she would take. Everything.
- If I was weak, I was ridiculed.
- If I ignored the bad behavior, it was amplified.
Because it was supposed to be temporary, I didn't correct things early on. I didn't set myself as "the authority" - so she did as she wanted, and I allowed it, and then I'd lost control of the whole situation. Like training a dog, allow it on the bed once, and it's allowed on the bed, PERIOD.

So I stopped caring. I "Gave" the attitude and the coldness and the verbal attacks back, and I didn't care. After all,she's not the love of my life....
Took some time, but it's at least some semblance of humanity now.
It took years, though - and I was STILL thinking she'd eventually leave, especially since I was being an @$$hole.
It's been another 5 years, and I've proven that, short of attacking her, it's impossible to treat a woman badly enough that she'll leave. Probably even true of attacking her, see how women go back to their abusers, but... Sad I am not going to try it. Even I won't cross that line.

You can take that and roll with it, though. I.E., you tell her "the law", and let her make up her mind. Positive reinforcement when she acts as you want; indifference the rest of the time. Negative reinforcement won't work. Just ignore bad behavior. But lavish attention and praise when she does what you want.
After a while, praise less & demand more. Say, you've gotten her to wear a dress regularly. Next thing you want is for her to wear stockings. As she gets used to wearing a dress all the time, you praise her only when she looks exceptionally pretty. But also slip in comments about how sexy she'd look in stockings. When she wears the stockings, go wild, praise her, and make her take them off, if you follow my meaning (give her a good reward, and pair it with good feelings. Emotions help secure the mental state.)
Expand on the "for instance" there for whatever you need.

And don't feel bad about it, women talk about training men all the time. You're just using their own tactics against them.

You can apply similar techniques to get her to want you in lingerie, or with breasts... Takes time, and not guaranteed - but over time, you can tune her a bit. I've got all sorts of failed attempts, but it's more of the submissive side in me. I don't WANT to be a domineering @$$hole - but I have to be a dick these days.
We'll see how she does, she's in counseling now. Tongue
I'm trying to not lose it... But you know, when she talks about doing X, Y, Z with someone in her past - and won't do it with you?
You feel used. And thus, all tactics are fair. If you're going to be used, might as well get something for it.
But had I not allowed that dog on the bed in the first place, she wouldn't be a bitch today.

Think it through, take what's good, dump the rest, and determine where you want to end up. Lots of "alternative" arrangements might work to meet both your needs, too, but we're getting WAY too far off the topic to discuss on list. I'll ping you a link or two for consideration, just as a seed. You'll have to determine how she would respond, and see where it goes.

-Dianna

(13-04-2016, 06:41 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  Fire,
I understand your dilemma's, as does pretty much everyone on here. However, IMO, the very fact that you are acknowledging them means that the urges won't go away. The intensity of the itch may vary from time to time, but it will always be there. Having said that, it's better to think it through and plan for things to happen and not leave it to spur of the moment chance. In my experience although spur of the moment can be wonderful, it can also turn into disaster.

Thanks Pansy Mae, I appreciate your input. I am sure you are right, the urge will not go away till it has been satisfied. Fortunately for me, my desire for privacy is much stronger. Smile I am pretty familiar with things going completely the wrong direction, and resulting in disaster. Even with that knowledge, I have found that the disaster is still easier to comfront and deal with after the fact than it is to try and plan things out. Planning things out usually leads to disappointment as things rarely go the way we would have liked them to, so sometimes chaos is easier to deal with. At least that way everything is already layed out, just have to pickup the pieces. At least for me it is.

(13-04-2016, 01:30 PM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  Fire,
Seems to me that you and I are fairly similar in basic makeup, the differences probably mostly events of our life.

Given that, there are some things that might work better for you than permanent changes.
Obvious one is using breast forms instead of growing them...
But there are also "inflatable" implants, I understand, which can contain more or less saline. So, you could "Grow" for weekends, and "shrink" for male mode. It means an open port, though.

I didn't have time to get back here last night, but I understand the "loss of family" bit.
From my jaded view - WTF difference does it make? Dad died estranged, my sister won't talk to me, and mom is wasting away, developing glaucoma, and not responding to medication (and won't consider cannabis oil).
That's just from my girlfriend. They didn't/don't know I want to be female...

But one of the reasons I was estranged from them is, I was living in sin with a woman... So they didn't want to talk to me.
Fun, huh? Good Christians.... Worried about my immortal soul, after doing everything they could to crush any semblance of a spirit... And by comparison? My sister (adopted) got everything on a golden platter, including medical insurance, car insurance, car, all paid for by Dad.

We regret a lot of things. I regret losing my family.
But I'm also tired of their nasty, judgemental (hypocritical) attitudes. The insulting things they've said to girlfriends, treating me like a child (at 30, and still now at 40... Treating me like I'm an infant...? Stupid?)

Anyway - Consider what's happening, you need to live with the decision. Being a "people pleaser" has isolated me - how could it be worse if I'd at least pleased myself along the way?

YMMV.

-Dianna

I don't want synthetic breasts, I want it to be me. Somehow synthetic just feels like cheating. Plus it just wouldn't look or feel right to me. I choose my battles, but the path of least resistance is usually my choice as it causes the least amount of waves. Now that's not to say that I don't love a challenge, by all means I do. I just don't think this is a challenge I am willing or ready to take on. Too many variables and too many things at stake. For the most part I am content with myself and the pace and path I am currently on.

I think somehow my story has been somehow misconstrued. What I would like is to retain most of my privacy so as not to upset the current balance in my life. A part of me desires to find a like minded, similiary pathed friend. Someone trying to achieve breast growth, whatever their end path may be does not matter, just someone I could talk to and confide with on a 1 to 1 basis. Chat rooms, phone, video, all of that is a bit too impersonal. Not that it is bad, or I don't enjoy it, but it is not quite the same as being able to actually hangout with someone.

As for the temptation of going through a transformation, that is just curiousity as to what I would look like. Theoretically nothing more, nothing less. Unfortunately, I know me and there is a possibility that would just open up Pandora's box. One curiousity usually leads to yet another curiousity, then to another. And sometimes they get harder and harder to contain. There's always the possibility that once that itch is scratched, then things will be satisfied till the next time a curiousity decides to flair up.

(13-04-2016, 04:39 PM)Happyme Wrote:  Fire and Ice,
We seem to very similar, being people pleasers and trying to weigh happiness.
Before I started dressing on a regular basis (ie when I came out to my wife) people would always have to tell me to smile. Smiling just didnt come naturally to me. But since I have been dressing I spend much more time on my appearance, and I just cant help but smile from deep down when I look at the woman I have created. AND NOW that I am growing my breasts, I am smiling all the time. My shadow has boobs, my tee shirts have boobs, and when ever I touch them I am wonderfully happy.
I used to wear forms all the time, but now that I have little breasts I am happy to know that whats in the bra is all me. What an amazing feeling.
Where will I stop with my growth, I dont know. I'm not planing to transition so its just for me. Someday I might decide that Bobbi is all I want to be and I'll introduce her to all my friends and family, but that day is in the future. its just one step at a time for me.
Your moving in the right direction for you and as each day unfolds so will new bits of happiness. Savor the happy moments.
Bobbi aka Happyme.

Thank you Bobbi, I appreciate your feedback. I know what you mean about smilining, I am constantly reminding myself to smile. I think it is because a lot of times I just zone out into my own little world. In it there are million things going on at once. Each thought branching out into a plethora of what ifs. Talk about chaos. Big Grin I am über pleased with the results I've had thus far. It's just been fantastic. I don't really cross dress, just don't really have much desire to do so. What I do enjoy are undergarments. I have a huge collection of bras, panties, camisoles, and some slips. That for some odd reason I do enjoy a LOT. LOL. Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon