Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Squirrel's horded acorns of information ( cache of research info)

https://myvitaminmart.com/blogs/daily-he...gen-levels

Vicki's Blog
  • Aug 01, 2013

Vitamins That Can Increase Estrogen Levels

Estrogen is a hormone that is synthesized from cholesterol. It is a hormone that is secreted both in male and female.  In females it helps in regulating the monthly menstrual cycle and has major effects on the bone structure of the body such as deposition of calcium resulting into strengthening of bone and causes the skin to become more vascularized and thinner. It also helps in prevention of formation of acne. In men, estrogen helps in the production of sperms by inducing their growth in the testes (reproductive organ). All in all it’s a very important and decrease in its levels can produce major consequences on the body regardless of gender.
    There are various vitamins that can help in increasing and maintaining of estrogen levels in the body. Usage of b-complex formulas can be very helpful because most of the vitamin B can help in increasing the production of the estrogen. Vitamin B-1, vitamin b-12, folic acid and niacin play a significant role in the production of this hormone because they help in maintaining the adrenal glands where the synthesis of this hormone takes place as it forms estrone, which is a precursor of the hormone estrogen. Next vitamin that can help in increasing the level of estrogen is vitamin E. vitamin E is popularly known for its antioxidant properties but it also is beneficial in increasing the level of estrogen. Different researches have been done and it is seen that vitamin E helps in the stimulation of estrogen especially in those who took it when they were suffering or recovering from breast cancer. Another vitamin that helps in the maintenance of estrogen levels is vitamin C. vitamin C plays a significant role and just like vitamin B also causes production of estrogen as it helps the adrenal gland which is where as mentioned above, is where the synthesis of the estrogen takes place. 
    Women, especially those who have hit menopause or are closer to it, should be using these on regular basis because as they age, the levels of estrogen fall and this causes various problems such as osteoporosis because the deposition of calcium decreases and hence weakens the bones. More over the maintenance of the blood vessels that occur due to estrogen also weakens over time and result into various cardio vascular diseases. Men should also use it in order to maintain the mucous membranes in the body that is maintained through estrogen with growing age especially in their 40s. With the help of these vitamins diseases related to dryness or damage to the mucous membrane can be avoided. All in all these vitamins can be used to live a healthy and happy life. 

bael leaves - testosterone suppression?

http://www.livestrong.com/article/412385...tagonists/

Bael Leaf

Leaves from the bael tree, Aegle marmelos, play a significant role in Ayurvedic medicine. Eaten in salads to relieve constipation, bael leaves may help treat diabetes. This finding indicates that the food may affect hormone regulation. A 2007 article presented in "Contraception" evaluated bael's effect on testosterone. Laboratory animals received extracted bael leaves daily for two months. Relative to baseline, bael leaves suppressed testosterone and reduced fertility in male rats. Ending the treatment reversed these effects, and that change eliminated all signs of toxicity within four months. While suggestive, results obtained in animals may not generalize well to humans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegle_marmelos

http://www.bioline.org.br/pdf?pt06003
"DISCUSSION The present paper provides a number of observations regarding effects of aqueous extract of leaf of A. marmelos on testicular functions in male albino rats. From results, it has been revealed that there was no significant alteration in somatic growth in treated rats compared to the control. This suggests that this leaf extract has no general toxic effect on body growth. Diminution in the weight of testiculo-somatic, seminal vesiculo-somatic, prostato-somatic and epididymal somatic indices in the treated group may be due to low plasma level of pituitary gonadotrophins and testosterone as these growth indices are controlled by plasma level of pituitary gonadotrophins and testosterone [ 13,  14].

The diminution in the activities testicular Δ5, 3βHSD and 17β-HSD, the key enzymes for androgenesis [ 15,  16], may be due to inhibition in pituitary gonadotrophins secretion [ 17,  18]. The low plasma level of testosterone reported here also supports this inhibition in steroidogenic enzyme activities."

https://www.bimbima.com/ayurveda/know-th...eaves/668/
"Bael leaves have anti-fertility effect. It reduces fertility in both sexes. In a clinical study male albino rats were given aqueous extracts (250 mg/kg body weight) of leaves of Aegle marmelos for 45 days. The treatment resulted in highly significant decrease in the weights of testes, epididymis, seminal vesicle, ventral prostate and vas deferens. Sperm motility as well as sperm density in the cauda epididymis was reduced significantly. Fertility was reduced by 70%. Various tribal men across India uses its leaves for contraceptive purposes. Traditionally the leaves are used to induce sterility in females."

Available on amazon in various forms (powder, tea, etc) at various prices.

Edit: IF one can shut down the stimuli/ suppress the pituitary that signals the output/production of testosterone, and replace it with xeno-estrogens (outside source of estrogen such as pills or natural estrogens, ) can one rewire the pituitary to look for the estrogens, if one should stop taking the bael leaf ? Thoughts?

Thanks for yur research Tanya!
Its so good to see you back!
Bobbi

(09-07-2017, 01:04 PM)Happyme Wrote:  Thanks for yur research Tanya!
Its so good to see you back!
Bobbi

ty! I am glad to be back. 

lol sometimes I run out of research ideas, then all of a sudden they all appear on the mystical, magical internet ! Tongue

Quinine lowers serum and testicular testosterone

Quinine, found in Tonic Water ( sold in soda isle). Can also be purchased on Amazon, in powder and/or liquid .

https://www.researchgate.net/publication...awley_rats

Abstract
We have earlier demonstrated that quinine (QU) is a testicular toxicant. This present study was aimed at evaluating the effects of QU on both the serum and testicular levels of testosterone (TT) in an attempt to elucidate one of the potential mechanisms of QU-induced testicular toxicity. Thirty adult male Sprague-Dawley rats weighing 180-200g were used and were randomly divided into 3 groups of 10 rats each. Rats in group 1 had distilled water. Rats in group 2 had QU only at the dose of 10 mg/kg body weight per day (5 days in a week) for 8 weeks. Rats in group 3 rats had 10 mg/kg of QU (5 days in week) and 0.05 mg/kg of TT (3 days in a week) for 8 weeks. All the animals were sacrificed at the end of 8 weeks by decapitation. Seminal analysis was done on the tubular fluid aspirated from the caudal epididymides. The two testes were excised, weighed, and volume estimated. One testis of each rat (0.25 g of tissue) was homogenized with Potassium Chloride and TT level determined in the supernatant of the homogenate, while the other testis was processed for histology. Morphometry was carried out by assessing the diameter, cross-sectional area, number of profiles per unit area, length density and numerical density of the seminiferous tubules, and the relative and absolute volume of testicular components. The serum levels of TT in all the animals were also determined at the time of sacrifice. Both the serum and testicular levels of TT in rats administered QU only were significantly (P < 0.001) lower than those of the control and QU plus TT-treated rats. We conclude that QU induces spermatogenic epithelial toxicity by possibly interfering with the steroidogenic function of the Leydig cell.

Quinine lowers serum and testicular testosterone in adult Sprague-Dawley rats. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/6117155_Quinine_lowers_serum_and_testicular_testosterone_in_adult_Sprague-Dawley_rats [accessed Jul 14, 2017].

full reporthttp://thewaja.com/Aheadofprint/15.pdf

More research needed-limited info on internet. 

Re: Quinine lowers serum and testicular testosterone

My testosterone should be really low with all the vodka tonics I drink! My neighbor and I (jokingly) swear it's also the reason the mosquitos leave us alone (while the wine drinkers among us get bitten)! Smile

Think of Zinc:

Zinc, is not just for putting on your nose at a sunny beach. It is an essential mineral that most are deficient in. 

WORD OF CAUTION: Do not over medicate with zinc, it can become toxic, and will also interfere with copper absorbtion, which is another necessary mineral.

So why Zinc? 
It is responsible for in helping cell proliferation (cell division, think breast growth) , helps prevent acne, helps boost immune system and fights common cold. 

https://draxe.com/zinc-benefits/
[b]The most common signs and symptoms associated with zinc deficiency include:[/b]
  • Changes in appetite, including food cravings for salty or sweet foods

• Changes in ability to taste and smell

• Weight gain or loss

• Hair loss

• [b]Digestive problems[/b], including diarrhea

• [b]Chronic fatigue syndrome[/b]

• Infertility

• Hormonal problems, including worsened PMS or menopause symptoms

• Low immunity

• Poor concentration and memory

• Slowed ability to heal wounds, skin infections or irritation

• Nerve dysfunction
    "Zinc is needed for the production of estrogen and progesterone in women, which both support reproductive health. Either too high or too low levels of estrogens can cause problems with menstruation, mood swings, early menopause, infertility and possibly even increase the risk for certain cancers.Aids in Nutrient Absorption and DigestionZinc affects protein synthesis and is required by the body to use amino acids from foods. It’s also involved in the breakdown of carbohydrates from foods, which are one of the main sources of energy for the body. For this reason, deficiency in zinc can cause low energy levels and contribute to adrenal or chronic fatigue, whereas consuming enough zinc benefits ongoing energy and a healthy metabolism.https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/minerals/health-benefits-of-zinc.htmlIn the human body, there are more than 300 different enzymes that require zinc to function normally. Researchers believe that 3,000 proteins out of approximately 100,000, have this vital mineral.Stimulates Protein SynthesisZinc acts as an antioxidant and is involved in some of the biochemically decisive reactions in the body, including protein synthesis, enzymatic function, and carbohydrate metabolism. Since this mineral is involved in so many integral systems and functions of the body, it cannot be stressed enough – You must include it in your diet!Regulates Cell GrowthZinc is an essential component in a number of enzymes that help in regulating cell growth, protein synthesis, hormonal level, DNA, regulating gene transcription, energy metabolism, and other related functions."
  • since zinc is a necessary mineral, I wonder, if we take a low-dose supplement daily, would this enhance the NBE experience, with additional gains?  I am waiting for some to come in, due to a persistent cold I have, but I find this research intriguing in its implications about cell division. ... 

(08-07-2017, 01:19 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  https://myvitaminmart.com/blogs/daily-he...gen-levels

Vicki's Blog
  • Aug 01, 2013

Estrogen is a hormone that is synthesized from cholesterol. It is a hormone that is secreted both in male and female.  In females it helps in regulating the monthly menstrual cycle and has major effects on the bone structure of the body such as deposition of calcium resulting into strengthening of bone and causes the skin to become more vascularized and thinner. It also helps in prevention of formation of acne. In men, estrogen helps in the production of sperms by inducing their growth in the testes (reproductive organ). All in all it’s a very important and decrease in its levels can produce major consequences on the body regardless of gender.
    There are various vitamins that can help in increasing and maintaining of estrogen levels in the body. Usage of b-complex formulas can be very helpful because most of the vitamin B can help in increasing the production of the estrogen. Vitamin B-1, vitamin b-12, folic acid and niacin play a significant role in the production of this hormone because they help in maintaining the adrenal glands where the synthesis of this hormone takes place as it forms estrone, which is a precursor of the hormone estrogen. Next vitamin that can help in increasing the level of estrogen is vitamin E. vitamin E is popularly known for its antioxidant properties but it also is beneficial in increasing the level of estrogen. Different researches have been done and it is seen that vitamin E helps in the stimulation of estrogen especially in those who took it when they were suffering or recovering from breast cancer. Another vitamin that helps in the maintenance of estrogen levels is vitamin C. vitamin C plays a significant role and just like vitamin B also causes production of estrogen as it helps the adrenal gland which is where as mentioned above, is where the synthesis of the estrogen takes place. 
    Women, especially those who have hit menopause or are closer to it, should be using these on regular basis because as they age, the levels of estrogen fall and this causes various problems such as osteoporosis because the deposition of calcium decreases and hence weakens the bones. More over the maintenance of the blood vessels that occur due to estrogen also weakens over time and result into various cardio vascular diseases. Men should also use it in order to maintain the mucous membranes in the body that is maintained through estrogen with growing age especially in their 40s. With the help of these vitamins diseases related to dryness or damage to the mucous membrane can be avoided. All in all these vitamins can be used to live a healthy and happy life. 

By taking those vitamins just long would it take for them to help increase estrogen?

(29-12-2017, 06:34 AM)BeautifulBambi Wrote:  
(08-07-2017, 01:19 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  https://myvitaminmart.com/blogs/daily-he...gen-levels

Vicki's Blog
  • Aug 01, 2013

By taking those vitamins just long would it take for them to help increase estrogen?

not sure, since I am not a dietician, or biologist. just something to consider when implementing a NBE routine.

Parsley and alfalfa 

Breast enhancer? According to this site, both have significant growth factors ( albeit a pitch to sell her stuff). More research needed.

http://fertilityqueenscabinet.blogspot.c...ement.html

"That was when I started doing my glandular approach. I started with parsley. Parsley helps the adrenals and start your period. There are minerals that are important for regaining balance.  Alfalfa was another one high in minerals and amino acids. This was nourishing to the pituitary gland which would help my non existent HGH levels and help tri-axis of the adrenal-pituitary-ovary system. I used an ovarian supplement as well. Ovaries contain estrogen, progesterone and micro amounts of androgen hormones, this was support I very much needed had helped me get my body balanced in the course of what would be now going on my 12th cycle as I write this!

I noticed if I did not take my parsley or alfalfa, my period would be a week late! I would never get it on time which was for me 30 days when I was at my second month of this protocol and 28 days at my 4th month!"

I have found no supporting info on parsley being an essential NBE for breast enhancement, however, Alfalfa has been considered one:

https://www.totalcurve.com/info/11everyd...ptionally/
Alfalfa grass is rich in nutrients, along with trace amounts of phytoestrogens in the form of isoflavones.
The NIH confirms that alfalfa can stimulate lactation in breastfeeding moms.
On the other hand, scientists remain skeptical about alfalfa’s use for breast growth. Fully-grown alfalfa is rough in texture and not great for cooking. Instead, you can use the seeds to add flavor to your dishes, and the sprouts in salads, soups and casserole

(more research needed. )

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon