Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I would like to try BO, but I have a low body temp.

(21-04-2016, 10:33 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  
(21-04-2016, 10:17 PM)Mickie Wrote:  Thank you Tanya.. I will try the iodine supplements.. I have a very low body temp [cold all the time too].. maybe that will help

being cold all the time is also a sign of Iron deficiency. Do you have issues with clotting when you cut yourself? is it hard to stop bleeding?

Dark leafy greens, like Kale and Spinach help boost iron in the blood naturally. you can also take an iron pill supplement, however, most people I have spoken to who have, get constipated. I would recommend the kale/spinach route for starters.

but as well it could be iodine deficiency. Shellfish are another good source of iodine, if I recall right. .will have to check up on that one. just be sure your not allergic to shellfish before you take that as a supplement. I am allergic to Shrimp, so I cannot take any supplement that has Chondroitin- that's made from shrimp shells..

Not entirely certain as to why I am cold. Haemoglobin is good.... but when I do cut myself, on a fence or whatever, it does take a fair bit to stop.. Clotting factor must be decreased.. We do grow all our own food.. so we eat well

(22-04-2016, 05:14 AM)Mickie Wrote:  
(22-04-2016, 04:09 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  I know this is VERY basic, but it always bears mention... activity level. If you're sedentary, you're going to be colder than if you're exercising regularly, which will still be cooler than when you are actually actively... active.
I am very active Abi.. A farm will do that to you..Smile I walk at least a couple of miles in a day... plus the usual farm chores .. fencing, firewood, horses, gardens, etc.

I always used to be warm,,but after the disease it all changed.. now I am cold..Huh Go figure

Ah, I was not aware you lived on a farm. What disease did you recover from that may or may not be related to this problem? Sometimes the things we use to cure disease cause their own problems that need to then be corrected and this could be the case here.

(22-04-2016, 05:57 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(22-04-2016, 04:09 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  I know this is VERY basic, but it always bears mention... activity level. If you're sedentary, you're going to be colder than if you're exercising regularly, which will still be cooler than when you are actually actively... active.
I am very active Abi.. A farm will do that to you..Smile I walk at least a couple of miles in a day... plus the usual farm chores .. fencing, firewood, horses, gardens, etc.

I always used to be warm,,but after the disease it all changed.. now I am cold..Huh Go figure

Ah, I was not aware you lived on a farm. What disease did you recover from that may or may not be related to this problem? Sometimes the things we use to cure disease cause their own problems that need to then be corrected and this could be the case here.
Had a bad bout of cancer a while back.. Four different types. I suspect that ongoing treatments and meds are messing things up a bit

(22-04-2016, 03:55 PM)Mickie Wrote:  Had a bad bout of cancer a while back.. Four different types. I suspect that ongoing treatments and meds are messing things up a bit

A bit? Cancer treatments are definitely the culprit. They destroy so many bodily processes that body temperature is one of the first things to fail. I hope you get better soon so you can get off those treatments, until then, I would not recommend BO to you.

(22-04-2016, 03:55 PM)Mickie Wrote:  

Had a bad bout of cancer a while back.. Four different types. I suspect that ongoing treatments and meds are messing things up a bit

this might help clear up things a bit, perhaps your red blood cell count is low? or the iron content . if I may ask, did you undergo chemo and radiation? I am wondering if those treatments had lowered your red blood cells... I am not an oncologist, so I do not have medical knowledge regarding that.

(22-04-2016, 10:06 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  
(22-04-2016, 03:55 PM)Mickie Wrote:  

this might help clear up things a bit, perhaps your red blood cell count is low? or the iron content . if I may ask, did you undergo chemo and radiation? I am wondering if those treatments had lowered your red blood cells... I am not an oncologist, so I do not have medical knowledge regarding that.

Had both Tanya.. It has been a bit of a rough go for the last while.. But things will get better in the end..

I get regular bloodwork, as is to be expected. My Hg is in the normal range though; so for that I am grateful

Many thanks for the input

(22-04-2016, 07:17 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(22-04-2016, 03:55 PM)Mickie Wrote:  Had a bad bout of cancer a while back.. Four different types. I suspect that ongoing treatments and meds are messing things up a bit

A bit? Cancer treatments are definitely the culprit. They destroy so many bodily processes that body temperature is one of the first things to fail. I hope you get better soon so you can get off those treatments, until then, I would not recommend BO to you.

Thank you Abi.. I had a feeling they were the culprit.. But I will try a bit more and see how it goes.. Hopefully soon, we can stop this endless go round

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon