Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Five Myths

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/...ge%2Fstory

great article,
thanks Spanky!
Bobbi

It is my observation/conclusion that these 5 myths persist, because the myths stem almost exclusively from the minds of not only cis-people, but the power elite and various sorts of religious/conservative hate-mongers, who, a few generations ago, was (and perhaps still is) spewing (and supporting and legislating) basically the same rhetoric about (and against) black people.

im tempted to compare trans people and other non-binary and intersex people, however smaller we are in populous percentage, to being, as the era-lingo of the (pre-)civil rights times would call blacks, but i will leave that to someone else, however much the similar struggles and other social phenomena may cross-match.

The odds of being a shark attack victim, 1 in 11,500,000

The odds of being in a plane crash, 1 in 11,000,000

The odds of being stuck by lightning in the course of a year, 1 in 700,000

The odds of being killed in car crash, 1 in 5000

The odds of that pastor or priest in your church being a child molester, 1 in 50

The odds of your kid being molested in a public restroom by someone who donned women’s clothing in the attempt to convince a judge that he's transgendered - indeterminate because it hasn't happened yet.

I think having unisex bathrooms is a more practical solution for cis and trans individuals. I don't like it when trans individuals get lumped in the same category as sexual predators. Having segregated bathrooms and then expecting people to be okay with allowing a group of people to break the rules without any eyebrow raising is a bit too much.

“'Eonism', a term for cross-gendered behavior"

I think I like it Blush

I miss the bathrooms in Europe... France, Germany, Netherlands... almost every bathroom had fully enclosed stalls. Even many of the urinals had floor to ceiling barriers between. There were exceptions, of course, and the newer they were the more likely to be more 'american'... blech.
Seems as if that setup would be much less concerning; when what goes on in the stall is truly none of the other bath-goers business, and also beyond their notice. But I guess its not 'safe'. Dodgy

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon