Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM & Blood pressure

I started PM in my late 40's as well. No history of high blood pressure in the family, and never any trouble with it myself before. After a year or two on PM, my blood pressure did what yours did. I have stopped herbs for extended periods several times in the following years, and my blood pressure never came back down on its own. I have a suspicion it is just an age thing. That time of life for people with testosterone. The good news is that my blood pressure seems to be fairly well regulated by relatively low dose meds, although the diuretics didn't work well for me. They tended to make my pressure occasionally spike rather low and cause me dizziness and fainting.

(13-06-2016, 02:37 PM)sfem Wrote:  I started PM in my late 40's as well. No history of high blood pressure in the family, and never any trouble with it myself before. After a year or two on PM, my blood pressure did what yours did. I have stopped herbs for extended periods several times in the following years, and my blood pressure never came back down on its own. I have a suspicion it is just an age thing. That time of life for people with testosterone. The good news is that my blood pressure seems to be fairly well regulated by relatively low dose meds, although the diuretics didn't work well for me. They tended to make my pressure occasionally spike rather low and cause me dizziness and fainting.

Thanks for the input. So far a low dose has had a positive effect, and my endocrinologist did lower my synthroid strength slightly. Will continue to watch and wait before restarting anything.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon