Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Gynecomastia?

Gynomastia and psudo Gynomastia are similar. If it is fat only there is no gynomastia. Real breast tissue is required to have Gynomastia. Do you inherit genes of family members with true Gynomastia? Or is your body type normally fat?

Howdy mr. oxbeef, sorry Tongue

If the glandular tissue is painful I'd get them looked at, fibrous tissue is quite painful. I had mine looked at because of the pain got real intense (mammogram, diagnosed as gyno). Be vigilant in what supplements you add in, DHEA can go either way (via the androstenedione pathway to T or E1-E2) based on current hormones (and health too).

In others words, DHEA supplementation could be feeding an overload of estrogens. In large dosages DHEA can be toxic:

High doses of DHEA may prompt the body to stop making the hormone. High doses may also be toxic to liver cells.
http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/sup...drosterone

(09-06-2016, 09:39 PM)BillyBoy_Delano Wrote:  Gynomastia and psudo Gynomastia are similar. If it is fat only there is no gynomastia. Real breast tissue is required to have Gynomastia. Do you inherit genes of family members with true Gynomastia? Or is your body type normally fat?

I do not inherit any genes that I know of. I do feel the fat on my breasts, there is quite a bit of fat there with my size (6'1 and 370lbs). The reason that I think it's gynecomastia is because I feel larger lumps behind my nipples and they are painful when I press on them or pinch them. I'm not going to say for sure until I see a doctor.

There are a few reasons why I think it's gynecomastia, besides what I feel in my breasts:
I am 29 now, and when I was 27 I was diagnosed with low testosterone. Blood work showed that my testosterone level was 180, and for my age the low end is 250. I ended up taking intramuscular injections of testosterone cypionate, 200mg / 1ml, .5 ml a week. I took it for about a year.

I stopped taking it because I was retaining a lot of water in my legs, and I wasn't liking the way I felt while taking it.

Maybe there is a part of me that wishes for it to be true; I was a closet cross dresser in my teen years.

Either way, I will find out more once I schedule my doctors visit, I am due for a wellness check and get my hormone levels checked.

(09-06-2016, 09:48 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Howdy mr. oxbeef, sorry Tongue

If the glandular tissue is painful I'd get them looked at, fibrous tissue is quite painful. I had mine looked at because of the pain got real intense (mammogram, diagnosed as gyno). Be vigilant in what supplements you add in, DHEA can go either way (via the androstenedione pathway to T or E1-E2) based on current hormones (and health too).

In others words, DHEA supplementation could be feeding an overload of estrogens. In large dosages DHEA can be toxic:

High doses of DHEA may prompt the body to stop making the hormone. High doses may also be toxic to liver cells.
http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/sup...drosterone

Hello, Lotus

Thanks for the advise. I haven't been able to order any supplements online as I just moved with my family and did not have a permanent address to ship stuff to, so I was making due with what I could find at my local stores. I have read a lot of your forum posts and I am going to be switching around my regiment. That is, of course, after I talk to my wife about this.

I am taking 100mg of DHEA per day, along with 1800mg of saw palmetto. A few times now I have noticed a very slight tingling in my chest, along with some itchiness on my chest and nipples.
I am still reading through all of the wonderful information you have put on these forums,

Some good information and advice on:

www.gynecomastia.org

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon