Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

IaBoys Coming Out to Doctor

(03-07-2016, 04:35 AM)Patience Wrote:  Motorhead is the name of a band.

Not in my age bracket... LOL... Tongue

(03-07-2016, 04:36 AM)Stevenator Wrote:  Congrats from me, as well.
I'm sure this is a relief.

Thanks Steve, but chatting with the doctor was more of my survival and understanding why this late in the game... Not bravery itself. And yes. One hurdle down. But I suspect a long uphill walk is ahead for me.

(03-07-2016, 02:15 AM)iaboy Wrote:  
(02-07-2016, 10:56 PM)julieTG Wrote:  Yeh

I love the name

Melody

But with iaboy one day

It will be heartfelt twanging of the harp melody next day deafening tones of Motörhead

Lol

Only kidding iaboy

Sweet name hon

Julie

Hmmmmm, Motorhead... That has a sweet sound to it... But I love electronics too... How about Statictia, or Electronia??? LOL.... I think I need a tall Run/coke and forget the coke portion, eh??? hehehehe

Nicola Tesla was on my list for a while. We share the same birthday. Big Grin Still like the sound of it.

(03-07-2016, 02:13 AM)iaboy Wrote:  
(02-07-2016, 09:53 PM)Happyme Wrote:  OH BOY another new name contest!
I do love Melody. It seems to fit you perfectly.
Bobbi

Ahhhh Bobbi....... I will have to think on it. It would be far simpler to go with IaGirl.... But, it's somewhat boring, eh?? Do we have a Samantha? I think we do or did have at one time. ya, we did... NVM, then.

Maybe I will have to sit down tonight or sometime this long weekend and maybe put 5 - 10 names up for vote. Would that work?

Now, giving us riff-raff a list with 10 names to choose from has to be braver than going to the doctors. Tongue

Thank you for sharing iaboy.. Smile

(03-07-2016, 01:42 PM)-Tasha- Wrote:  Nicola Tesla was on my list for a while. We share the same birthday. Big Grin Still like the sound of it.

Now I would of voted for that one..... Let the sparks fly hon.... ROFLTongue

(03-07-2016, 01:51 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  Now, giving us riff-raff a list with 10 names to choose from has to be braver than going to the doctors. Tongue

Especially when giving you the vote....WinkTongueBig Grin

(03-07-2016, 02:40 PM)jamiemason Wrote:  Thank you for sharing iaboy.. Smile

Nah, I was so happy to finally get it off my ummm, chest literally.. Big Grin I just had to share. Maybe it will help someone else?? Dunno, but maybe.

(01-07-2016, 04:59 PM)iaboy Wrote:  Some of this will not be new to a few who have read my Introduction and subsequent posts. So, I will not bore you with a lot of the background other than a few facts that I presented to my doctor, just yesterday.

Here goes:

On this board, and a few other's, I have witnessed quite a few people come unraveled over fighting their feelings and appearances. I did NOT want to become another casualty in this perceived cultural/social war.
I had a flare up of my arthritis, for really no apparent reason. That was the primary reason I used to get the appointment. In the back of my mind, I still worry about "office gossip" occurring at my expense. ( I know I need to get over a few of my insecurities. )

She had the usual recommendations.... Loose weight, eat a more friendly diet and more exercise.

Then, after fighting over this for over 2 yrs.... I blurted it out.

That I feel I have been a true Cross Dresser since my early 30's. And that having Gynecomastia at first was shocking, but I realized that for me was a dream come true in many ways.. It went along with my admiration for the female body, helped with the fact that I no longer had to stuff my bra's nearly as much. I also told her they (breasts) feel very natural and more importantly.... That other than breast cancer, I would NEVER think of having surgically removed..

Here very quick reply was.... " Good for you, you have no idea, on some of my Med School rotations how many people were suicidal or at the very least had many issues with just such a predicament, or at least very similar type of conditions."

She continued by asking me a few really basic questions... Like did my wife and or family knew of my C.D condition? I told her that my daughter knows about me wearing bra's most of the time and my wife has know almost as long as I had.

At this point I explained that I was sometimes conflicted by my acceptance of the entire situation. I played baseball, football and what I would consider a fairly typical young man growing up. I served 15 yrs between active duty and National Guard and such. That was part of the conflict, why, after getting married, having 3 kids at the time would I want to cross dress.

She just said that there are many slots, positions in the human sexuality range. That she don't like the term transgender for it gets slung around way too loosely and carelessly. She said a person has no more control over being a super stud, manly man than a person on the other side being Gay, or wishing to change gender's to what ever degree that would manifest itself. But true science demands labels to for many reasons, a few among many were accepted paths of medical and mental treatments. To streamline the process as practical as it should be. So, she is somewhat stuck in doing the same thing to a degree.

She prescribed a supposed light anti depressant and is going to look for a few Mental Therapists that might be dealing in the area of Transgenderism and Dysphoria . She thought I needed a anti depressant just to function as normal as possible, and that it may help me see things better, and that a therapist would probably from the get go prescribe anyways.

All I can say is that now, it appears I was very worried about this conversation.. But I felt that I absolutely had to do. Having witnessed so many people here making a train wreck out of themselves over basically the same thing. I feel like most things... If you hurt seek help. Sometimes it can be easily corrected if caught early, but if you let it fester or get worse..... The treatment is tougher to come by..

Sorry if this is more of a rant... I sure did not intend for it to turn that direction but mainly for some of our new friends that have just recently joined us, or will join us to turn them into getting help. Rather that be in a form of just confiding in a friend or a professional...

Please find someone to have a heartfelt confidence with... Your physical and mental health deserves that much. Who knows, maybe even your life!

Wow! What an enlightened doctor! Lucky you!

Ya W, tell me about it... I almost had my last heart attack when she just put on a cute little demure smile and said what she said..

But, I wonder if it's her age. I would probably put her at early to mid 30's?? So, not as old as an pioneer doctor.. LOL.. Up with the times is what I am saying.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon