Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PC Question

Swanson premium menogest progesterone cream

Swanson premium wild yam cream

They both contain Progesterone reading from the label. I will obtain the menogest progesterone cream soon as it is delivered. Are there any differences between the two? Was I right to go for the more expensive one? tried to google this but I guess my google skills are weak this week as I couldn't find an answer by myself..

the wild yam one does not contain Black Cohosh, which has been purported to be estrogenic..

one thing to consider when purchasing "wild yam" cream for progesterone, is that is says "micronized" . wild yam on its own cannot be converted to progesterone. that is why my findings have come to in conclusion.

be careful of the one with black cohosh, since it is estrogenic, it may throw off you estrogen levels, and prolonged use can also affect your liver.

(15-07-2016, 08:23 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  the wild yam one does not contain Black Cohosh, which has been purported to be estrogenic..

one thing to consider when purchasing "wild yam" cream for progesterone, is that is says "micronized" . wild yam on its own cannot be converted to progesterone. that is why my findings have come to in conclusion.

be careful of the one with black cohosh, since it is estrogenic, it may throw off you estrogen levels, and prolonged use can also affect your liver.
hmmm I missed this. Maybe I'm just sleepy? thank you for the clarification.
An estrogenic substance in the cream... Doesn't that defeat the point of PC? Is the wild yam cream just as effective for progesterone as the other PC?

Well, I'll find out next week when my stuff is delivered.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon