Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM/HRT serum test analysis help

(24-11-2016, 12:31 AM)Sofia Lauren Bunny Wrote:  If my free T is just okay, where should it be?  Thank you Lotus for the information and analysis, here is the additional information you requested.

Progynova (Estradiol) 2 mg Morning, 2 mg Evening

Aldactone (Spironolactone) 50 mg Morning, 50 mg Evening

Fincar (Finasteride) 2.5 mg morning 2.5 mg evening

Additionally I take low dose asprin, probiotics, vitamin C, and Calcium.

Bunny, forgive me  Shy  allow me rephrase: Blush your T has decreased in the neighborhood of 80% since April 2016......that's dramatic (or significant). Free T is similar result, as far as I know??, there's no playbook on where free T should be. My concern is how much free T is an ideal fraction for feminizing. One theory is reducing DHT further upstream (e.g. androstenedione), a precursor where DHT prefers the SR5A enzyme (type I to be specific). This is based on recent discoveries known as horomine refractory prostate cancer (multiple human cells lines).  

targeting this alternative pathway involves the conversion of AD to 5α-dione. Meaning inhibiting DHT synthesis in the conversion of androstenedione to 5α-dione.

Quote:The enzyme 5α-reductase catalyzes the 5α-reduction of 4-dione whereas the 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase catalyzes the transformation of 4-dione to testosterone or 5α-dione to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). 

Steroidal 5α-reductase inhibitors using 4-androstenedione as substrate.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21299452/

Your estrogen is also remarkable. By the looks of it, your HRT is pretty much standard dosages, which makes the results very interesting considering it's not overkill. 

L.  Smile

Thank you Lotus, again your insight is greatly appreciated. I'm still trying to understand some of it ... maybe my brain is just dead right now. Big Grin

Oh I forgot the E I take sublingualy.

(24-11-2016, 05:33 AM)Sofia Lauren Bunny Wrote:  Thank you Lotus, again your insight is greatly appreciated. I'm still trying to understand some of it ... maybe my brain is just dead right now. Big Grin

Oh I forgot the E I take sublingualy.

No sweat bunny, (my pleasure). Your brain is just fine  Big Grin I assure you, I'm the demented one quoting stuff that doesn't make sense, just yet. DodgyBlushTongue

Heres the results from my test done before switching to HRT - this was after 9.5 months of BO:

Hormones
TESTOSTERONE                  17.44          nmol/L    7.600 - 31.400
FREE-TESTOSTERONE(CALCULATED) 0.319          nmol/L    0.300 - 1.000
17-BETA OESTRADIOL           *162.3          pmol/L    44.000 - 156.000
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB      39.23          nmol/L    16.000 - 55.000

I had taken additional steps to reduce testosterone 4 weeks before so this may have had some impact on the levels there (am not going to indicate what here as it was very risky and definitely not recommended) - but BO had definitely started to have an impact.  Like Sofia I wish I had got a reading pre NBE but I do know that when my hormones were last checked my t was above the mean average and my estradiol was in the normal male range.

Note the ranges above are the male ranges for the measurement used I do know from memory the t is about 500 ng/dl in the above, the estradiol was about 44 ng/dl with a male range of about 10-40 (so 10% over the top of the range).

Hope its useful info - I really dont think BO converts t to e at a significant level though based on my results, I had always though it is more likely to contain a lot of growth hormone and possibly some estrogen - but not much given my readings above.

Am not sure if taking BO before HRT makes any difference but I am getting some major changes on HRT very very quickly - been on it for 5 weeks and well have progressed more in 5 weeks than I had in the previous 5 months.

Megan

Hello Lotus,

I'm surprised to have already received my results, and they are not good.

The estradiol level is barely in the middle.

And the testosterone level is above the max.

[attachment=19492]

I am not taking any anti-androgens yet.
But with my routine I can't be that high.
I would like to understand.

With such a level, the estradiol I take can never have its effect.

And I clearly stipulated when I took the sample that it was for a transition, they couldn't have been wrong.

???????

I'm crying Crying

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer, 

Your Testosterone has improved, however your estradiol still needs work. Things I'd discuss with your doctor:

1. Switching to either oral E2 estradiol or E2 transdermal patch…within a one year time frame (or less) consider SubQ injections. Your breasts have matured to Tanner stage 4 (in my opinion) to suggest injections. Personally I prefer subq over IM (intramuscular)...I can explain later when relevant. 
  2. Next lab testing I'd ask for the following:
free E2 %
SHBG
free T %

These tests tell us how much "free" hormones are available in the blood for "transport" and can synthesize inside "receptors". 

So, in essence total Testosterone and Estradiol only tell us a portion of what's going on…what's really really important is knowing is that free hormone %

3) I'd let your doctor know how unhappy you are with your estradiol. Let them know you're considering taking your business elsewhere…or? you'd like a refund for services rendered if that's possible.  Wink

Whatever the case, you're the customer…personally? I've had a tough time over the years with my hrt health care. I'm on my 7th HRT doctor, needless to say it's not easy finding a health care practice that's honest and treats you right. I used to think some of those Hrt doctors would purposely make you jump through hoops to test your resolve…no seriously, you wouldn't believe the crap I had to go through, some of it I've documented in my thread, others close to me know
 of my struggles lol. 

It pains me to see others having to go through similar bs. Dodgy

(02-01-2023, 10:52 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Hi Jennifer, 

Your Testosterone has improved, however your estradiol still needs work. Things I'd discuss with your doctor:

1. Switching to either oral E2 estradiol or E2 transdermal patch…within a one year time frame (or less) consider SubQ injections. Your breasts have matured to Tanner stage 4 (in my opinion) to suggest injections. Personally I prefer subq over IM (intramuscular)...I can explain later when relevant. 
  2. Next lab testing I'd ask for the following:
free E2 %
SHBG
free T %

These tests tell us how much "free" hormones are available in the blood for "transport" and can synthesize inside "receptors". 

So, in essence total Testosterone and Estradiol only tell us a portion of what's going on…what's really really important is knowing is that free hormone %

3) I'd let your doctor know how unhappy you are with your estradiol. Let them know you're considering taking your business elsewhere…or? you'd like a refund for services rendered if that's possible.  Wink

Whatever the case, you're the customer…personally? I've had a tough time over the years with my hrt health care. I'm on my 7th HRT doctor, needless to say it's not easy finding a health care practice that's honest and treats you right. I used to think some of those Hrt doctors would purposely make you jump through hoops to test your resolve…no seriously, you wouldn't believe the crap I had to go through, some of it I've documented in my thread, others close to me know
 of my struggles lol. 

It pains me to see others having to go through similar bs. Dodgy

You say my testosterone is improved, but I find it more than improved, it is way too high.

You're right, it's still to high. My calculations (or conversions from Nanogram/milliliter to ↔Nanogram/delimiters have your Testosterone at 1070 ng/dL, ideally you want T to be at 50 ng/dL (or lower) to feminize. 

Good morning

Here are the results of my latest analysis.

The estradiol level is good.
And the testosterone level too.
Only, to reach this level of testosterone, I take:
The morning:
Dim, D3, RR, EGCg, MSM

Noon:
RR

The evening:
Dim, D3, RR, EGCg, MSM, Melatonin

And I forgot, that's between 10 to 20 capsules a day.

I'm hoping I'll still get him an anti androgen at my next doctor's appointment.

Kisses to all (Tous et Toutes). Kiss

Jennifer. Hug

Hi Jennifer,

Just popped in to see whats going on and seen this post, please forgive me if I you already know this, months ago I watched a video by a now deseased transgender woman, she explained in great detail about transition. (she was killed in a farming accident, she was driving a tractor on her farm when it over turned)

She says that without Anti-androgen getting results is difficult and will take a long time, it will always be costly so when I started this I took anti-androgen, over the weekend I will put a link on the site for you to watch, it is a short video and hope it helps.

As a matter of interest, Q. You look great and I am envious so what is it you want to achieve? just asking, I may not understand so I wait with keen interest your reply.

Liz
x

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon