Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Cramps in feet

OMG ...I have a high instep on my feet, and for the past few weeks I have been getting woke up almost nightly with a crushing pain in both feet in the instep area. If I get up to try and walk it off, I can hardly walk, it feels like somebody has smashed the top of my feet with a sledgehammer.
Effects, I'll assume is from taking Spiro and Fin.

Jannet,

although it is low probability that something dangerous is happening, if I were you I would visit my GP to have a check-up. There are many things that can cause problems you've described.

It is bilateral and therefore it is unlikely that it is caused by venous thrombosis, trauma or musculosceletal disorders. However, I would opt for excluding these causes by examination.

But still, there are really many other, rather benign, causes...

Is it really a pain or just discomfort? I've seen severe cases of restless-leg syndrome presenting similarly to what you've described.

Poly

Hi Janet

I had same when first started pm
And many here reported similar

Not sure on cause but can be common
But as poly said may be worth checking

Sure from memory pansy had lots ?

Julie

It could be related to the increase in E2 too. As poly said, do get it checked asap. Are you on an aspirin regime?, my doc insists on it with HRT. Also, I believe PM (and E2) lowers the parathyroid, the loss in calcium is why we feel leg pain, feet are no exception either. Spiro can cause spasms, magnesium helps relieve spasms.

The other option is to drop either spiro or fin, or cut back the dosage.

It's most likely the spiro and dehydration. When my doctor increased my dose of spiro, i didnt know that I needed to drink more water. Apparently Im sensitive to dehydrating easily. My instep would start by tightening up, then would end up going into full cramps. I would have to drink several glasses of water to make it stop. Now, if I dont driink at least 1 1/2 gallons of water throughout the day/night, I will wake up in middle of the night with severe lower leg cramps. Thais is why I keep a jug of water next to my bed. Im getting better of keeping track of my water intake daily now.

Thanks for all the reply's and sugestions. With the extra long hot summer we have been having its quite possibly just dehydration. My Dr sees me every 6 weeks to monitor my bloodwork and blood pressure. I am sure like Skye, I possibly am not drinking enough water.

Last year when I was taking a shotgun aproach to NBE with everything I could think of, All my joints ached like hell. This year when I upped my PM from 500 to 1000mg/day I started to get my aches and foot cramps in the middle of the night.
Fortunately there was a thread here about taking Calcium with Pm and almost instantly all the pain went away.
I take 200mg twice a day with my Pm and life is much better.
Bobbi

(13-08-2016, 11:23 PM)Skye is on fire Wrote:  Now, if I dont driink at least 1 1/2 gallons of water throughout the day/night, I will wake up in middle of the night with severe lower leg cramps. Thais is why I keep a jug of water next to my bed. Im getting better of keeping track of my water intake daily now.

My oh my, that's a heck of a lot of water. If I drank that much, I'd be up peeing all night.

I had some really weird cramping. My feet, calves and even directly under my bottom ribs. I got really concerned, asked my doctor.

She told me to increase my water, to purposely drink an extra tall glass when first taking Spiro, and to add Magnesium. After about 2 weeks, no more problems.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon