Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hormones: Urban Legends

In my quest for answers and information, I found this interesting website. I thought perhaps there may be others that would be interested in it as well.

Hormones: Urban Legends

There's a lot of other interesting things on the website too!

Informative!

Very interesting reading. Nice find Hon, I'll have to print that out for my next group meeting.

Interesting reading, thank you for sharingSmile

Quote:Only in male-to-female transsexuals in whom progestative chemical castration is combined with feminising estrogen therapy will full acini and lobular formation occur. Hence, combined progestative anti-androgens and estrogens is necessary for the genetically male breast to mimic the natural histology of the female breast.[

How important all of this is to optimal feminisation remains unclear and likely varies from individual to individual. What is clear is that Progestogens do play an important part in, among other things, proper breast development. Given that, and the lack of any compelling reason not to use them, it seems clear that a Progestogen should be a part of any optimal MTF HRT regimen.

Without progesterone breasts lose the chance to look female, progesterone cream helps to round breasts (and cancer prevention too).

Great find Sofia! ! Smile I have added to my favorites!

I was up way too late last night reading the information on that website. I recall reading bits and pieces here on this forum in regards to Hormones so I figure it would be useful read for others. I am so happy that you all found it useful and interesting!! Big Grin

Ha ha, nice Lotus, I was going to point that section as well as it was one of the things that stood out to me. Unfortunately I was already starting to dose as I was posting the link. What I am curious is if progesterone is needed for development, which is better, ingestion via pills or applying topically via cream. Huh

(23-08-2016, 09:41 PM)Sofia Lauren Bunny Wrote:  Ha ha, nice Lotus, I was going to point that section as well as it was one of the things that stood out to me. Unfortunately I was already starting to dose as I was posting the link. What I am curious is if progesterone is needed for development, which is better, ingestion via pills or applying topically via cream. Huh

Lol ok. Actually......RolleyesWink I highlighted that part cause I know this study having covered it before, the histology of the study was very thorough. Topical application has better results versus oral, (which has shit bioavailability). Good find though, I like seeing urban legends displaced. Smile

(24-08-2016, 12:40 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Lol ok. Actually......RolleyesWink I highlighted that part cause I know this study having covered it before, the histology of the study was very thorough. Topical application has better results versus oral, (which has shit bioavailability). Good find though, I like seeing urban legends displaced. Smile

I think I recall reading about it on your threads at some point in time. Smile It's hard keeping up with the wealth of information you provide. But I do appreciate it immensely. Thanks for the updated information!! Cool

(24-08-2016, 12:40 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Topical application has better results versus oral, (which has shit bioavailability). Good find though, I like seeing urban legends displaced. Smile

I cant argue against the theory, but I tried 'nature identical' progsterone cream several times with no noticeable effect, however taking Microgest definately did increase volume, starting at top centre. For various reasons I stopped taking it after 2 batches, but I'm convinced it worked for me.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon