Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hormones: Urban Legends

i cant find the information I read on this again right now so no link, but what I read goes a little like this. Progesterone plays an opposites role to estrogen, and is released in quantity at some point during the period. I imagine that women using an estrogen based supplement would benefit from the added progesterone added at the right time to off set the estrogen count when the body expects it too.

If I can find that info....I will post a link. Rolleyes

Using progesterone to offset estrogen and/or E-dominance is one thing, the example of using progesterone in combination with E2 resulted in more breast tissue in the MTF study participants.

In males, the amount of estrogen and progesterone receptors are close to being the same, followed by androgen and glucocorticoid receptors. Personally, I don't think we need much PC, maybe about 1/8 teaspoon (about a fingertip).

When combination hormone therapy is used, multiple studies prove there's more growth (posted studies @ BN), a synthetic example of this is the combination birth control pill......E2/progestin, (I wouldn't use pharma progestins personally). Whether you choose to use on PC on the breasts, inner wrists, or rectal applications is up to the user.

In a pubertal surge most all hormones are released, it as after all what we're trying to mirror (the surge). Natural substitute of progesterone would be black walnut, and my favorite natural substitution for progesterone is " avocados ".

The other important thing progesterone does for NBE is the reset of receptor sensitivity, and as we know too much estrogen desensitizes estrogen receptors.

Lotus, after reading your replies I am coming to the conclusion that PC should be used for approximately a 4 day period of every month (no pun intended) in order to mimic bio-female cycle? I apologize for asking in here, but I find that ADHD does not cooperate when trying to make full sense of your research Sad

Feel free to private message me if you feel I am derailing the topic.

Having seemed to hit a wall at my two years with PM, I'm gathering information on HRT to start next month or so. This is much appreciated.
Somehow I knew I'd wind up doing this.
Should I stop the pM and peony root when I start a hormone program?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon