Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fully Shaved Legs First Time...Using Veet

Finally, and for the first time, removed all leg hair, and for this I used Veet.

Way better experience than the one I had doing chest hair for the first time with Nads for Men. Perhaps I followed the directions a bit better and slathered way more on, and didn't rub it in.

Either way, everything came off fairly easily. Definitely feels less caustic, and less traumatic.

(26-08-2016, 12:27 AM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  Finally, and for the first time, removed all leg hair, and for this I used Veet.

Way better experience than the one I had doing chest hair for the first time with Nads for Men. Perhaps I followed the directions a bit better and slathered way more on, and didn't rub it in.

Either way, everything came off fairly easily. Definitely feels less caustic, and less traumatic.

I used to use depilatory creams on my pubes. It was better than shaving (apart from the risk of nasty burns), but the problem is it still grows back within a couple of days. This is why I eventually turned to plucking, and then, to expedite the process, an epilator. Not only does the smoothness last for 10-14 days, in any session the epilator (or tweezers) pulls out the roots, so that over time less and less of the hair grows back--when it does grow back it's finer and softer. My breasts are now 98% permanently smooth, my pubes 90%.

I actually ordered my first epilator to try (arrived with the Veet). Figured I'd start with the major reduction first rather than trying to epilate lifelong growth.

I gave the epilator a quick try on my upper arm and it was about what I expected pain-wise, but I'm guessing it's more traumatic doing chest hair...but that is the eventual aim, as now I shave chest hair almost every day.

Which epilator do you have? I grabbed the basic Philips one (Amazon's best seller), but it is on the small side and a bit noisy (perhaps they all are).

(28-08-2016, 09:30 PM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  I actually ordered my first epilator to try (arrived with the Veet). Figured I'd start with the major reduction first rather than trying to epilate lifelong growth.

I gave the epilator a quick try on my upper arm and it was about what I expected pain-wise, but I'm guessing it's more traumatic doing chest hair...but that is the eventual aim, as now I shave chest hair almost every day.

Which epilator do you have? I grabbed the basic Philips one (Amazon's best seller), but it is on the small side and a bit noisy (perhaps they all are).

I am on my third generation of Braun Silk-epil. Mine has a small light that illuminates the area, which is a big help.

The first time I used an epilator it was torture. I thought I had made a bad investment! But the results were fantastic, so I persevered. With time I learned to use it painlessly, on breasts, belly, thighs, pubes, and even the smoother areas of the scrotum. The hair should ideally be no longer than 1/8 inch. The skin should be dry (applying talcum powder helps). MOve the epilator against the direction of hair growth. It takes more than one pass--it's not like an electric razor in that regard.

I once had a moderately hairy chest. Now my breasts are as smooth as my wife's, and I love it!

I just had to order a new one to replace mine, after two years it finally died.

$32cdn from Ali express.

This epilator is awesome, it works really great on the fine hairs, and with opposing heads, normally one pass clears everything in its path.

The old one, the battery stopped holding the charge after 9 months, so I have been using it plugged in since then.

(29-08-2016, 01:18 PM)Wuerstchen Wrote:  I am on my third generation of Braun Silk-epil. Mine has a small light that illuminates the area, which is a big help.

Another vote for the Braun. First time epilation is going to have some degree of discomfort, period. Best pointers are...
  • Shave or use veet to clear old growth forest
  • Exfoliate daily
  • Moisturize Daily

The last two will make sure the skin is as clear and soft as possible in preparation for epilation. Note: don't moisturize the day you're going to epilate because then your hairs will just be slippery.

After you've gotten the routine down it gets easier and the discomfort diminishes quite a bit.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon