Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Bill 132

Anyone living and or working in Ontario needs to download and read closely the latest update to the Ontario workplace harassment amendment. Known as BILL 132.
I see some greatly improved amendments that should make anyone under the LGBT umbrella much happier.

http://www.mathewsdinsdale.com/wp-conten...016_sp.pdf

Very interesting, it does sound helpful, and I hope that it is. Doesn't do me any good being in the U.S., but enjoyed the read. I did find one piece to be a bit interesting that could possibly be a deterrent from an Employee that wants it documented, but not investigated.

Quote:Questions: If an employee alleges/reports there has been sexual harassment but says he/she doesn’t want to pursue it, just make the employer aware of it "in case", what are the employer's obligations? Have they increased now that workplace sexual harassment has been defined separately?
Response: The amended OHSA requires employers to protect workers from workplace harassment as a distinct new duty. That duty requires that investigations be conducted into incidents and complaints, and the investigation must be appropriate in the circumstances. We are of the view that employer obligations to investigate incidents that come to their attention, or of which they reasonably ought to be aware, have increased and it will be problematic for the employer to decline to conduct any investigation whatsoever – even if an individual states they do not wish an investigation. The employer may be violating its obligation under the OHSA by declining to investigate the incident.

So it would seem that as an Employee, requesting for documentation alone would no longer be possible, since the Employer is now on the hook if something does come about later. It will be interesting to see if then an Employee would be less likely to report it since they do not want an investigation.

I would think, that the employer might do everything in his/her power to quell the problem. Here in the states, the aggrieved person can file a complaint with the EOEC (Equal Opportunity Employment Commission) and that automatically starts a Fed. investigation. That was one of the things that was emphasized when I was Area Photo Lab Manager.

I am on the employee committee, we have our monthly meeting tomorrow, we will be asking how far along with setting up the new training requirments for all the employees. Also why had this not been posted on the bulletin board. I suspect an interesting meeting.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon