Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Shit hit the fan at work.

I almost dropped one of the guys here I work with on Thursdah, this guy leant right over me, pushed his belly into my back pinned me against my bench, started breathing in my ear, and tried to reach around under my arm pit ... I'm not sure what the hell he was trying to find, ( although I know what he would have found ) but I knocked him back and told him to FUCK OFF-YOUR IN MY SPACE-JUST FUCK OFF.  ( This guy is like 260, it's all in his stomach and he thinks he is God's gift to women ) The worst thing is, I am not even out at work. ""Although I am sure they suspect something, nothing has been mentioned about it yet. ( at least to my face )""

It really bothered me to no end.

So, on Friday I got up early and wrote the above out ( minus the parts in the quotes ) and handed it into the HR department.

Anyway, she starts asking me all sorts of questions, what was it that bothered me, was it personal space, did I feel it was sexual in nature, to cut a long story short, I lost it and burst into tears.

I ended up telling HR about everything. 

The genie is well and truly out of the bottle now, and I have a feeling its going to be a real bitch to put her back in.

I feel for you Janet.  I have NEVER EVER treated anyone like that.  Not even the people I consider my friends would cause they know I would NOT tolerate such abusive, stupid childish behavior.

I am thankful, that I am retired from work, that saves me having to deal with my "growing" but wanted problem.  But, I belong on the board of directors for a local Little League here in my home town.  So, in a way, I will have to deal with sort of the same issue cause I told my wife that I am not going to hide my "attributes" come next spring.  So I guess my turn is coming as well.

HR will handle for you cause in a lot of ways, cross gender work place issues are right up there with all the other "Do Not" like racism, and sexual harassment.  I hope you can figure out how to handle the embarrassment that jackass has caused you.

Please keep us up to date.

hopefully the HR dept has some sense of confidentiality.

It wouldn't be fair or right for them to expose you to more abuse just because you were abused.

Well, to me , whether you're out or not at work...he was way out of line.
It's up to him to explain to HR what in the hell was he trying to do.

I hope they put HIM on the defensive about his behavior.
Butthead.

(24-09-2016, 02:50 PM)Th3saurus Wrote:  hopefully the HR dept has some sense of confidentiality.

It wouldn't be fair or right for them to expose you to more abuse just because you were abused.

We have protection under Bill 132 here. ( as from Sept this year ) doing so would create more problems for them than me. However, I would be willing to leave my job, I figure 10 years pay might just be enough compensation.

wow, sorry to hear about that sexual harassment! Sad
I hope they can that guy and refuse to give references!

*hugs*

I had sexual harassment from a woman and reported. It happed again recently too but I didnt report it.  It is not fun when you dont want that stuff to happen at work.

Wow Jannet, I am sorry to hear about your troubles.  Some people can be quite the a-holes.  I am hope you're feeling better and are no longer distraught.  If things are still a bit shaky, be sure to talk about it with someone, your group, therapist, whomever, but sometimes things like that can linger and cause issues for yourself down the road.

(26-09-2016, 05:13 PM)Sofia Lauren Bunny Wrote:  Wow Jannet, I am sorry to hear about your troubles.  Some people can be quite the a-holes.  I am hope you're feeling better and are no longer distraught.  If things are still a bit shaky, be sure to talk about it with someone, your group, therapist, whomever, but sometimes things like that can linger and cause issues for yourself down the road.

It has been on my mind, I have had trouble sleeping beceause of it. I am sure it will all blow over though. As of yet, it looks like nothing has been said to him, so if it happens again then shit will really rise.

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through Janet.  I can only imagine the shock, outrage, anger- and fear- this has caused for you.  Hopefully your employer will do the right thing, though the wheels of justice often turn slowly.  Hugs

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon