Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I am so bummed!

I am so bummed!  I thought it would be safer to keep my photo history here than on my own computer and it's all gone!!   Angry

(24-09-2016, 01:51 PM)polymorphis Wrote:  Just the quick question.

It appears that pictures from the old site did not migrate. I especially mean attachments in old threads. Is it still work-in-progress or it will remain so?

Poly

(24-09-2016, 02:33 PM)Eve M Wrote:  It's a work in progress. There are still a few jobs to complete and that's one of them. All attachments should be migrated. Smile

Guess what?
Your attachments are still there!
I just clicked on one of mine and changed breastnexum in the url to breastnexus and it loaded!

If you want to back up your photos, you can use that trick to find them Big Grin

(25-09-2016, 05:20 AM)Th3saurus Wrote:  Guess what?
Your attachments are still there!
I just clicked on one of mine and changed breastnexum in the url to breastnexus and it loaded!

If you want to back up your photos, you can use that trick to find them Big Grin

Hopefully they will also be migrated over.

(25-09-2016, 05:10 AM)stefanie_s Wrote:  I am so bummed!  I thought it would be safer to keep my photo history here than on my own computer and it's all gone!!   Angry

Even though the attachments are supposedly coming back...

I won't say "never trust the cloud", but I will say, don't rely on a not-for-pay forum site, or any other service you're not paying for, to store your private data forever. This is not particularly about BN. It's also about Yahoo, Facebook, etc. 

(Remember, there is no cloud. Whatever part of "the cloud" you happen to be using is just someone else's computer. Unless the someone else has contracted with you and promised to keep your data for you, with specified degrees of redundancy and reliability, your data is subject to the whims of whoever owns the server.)

I understand the issue of not loosing my pics.  I have external hard drives.  I plug one into my router and move all the pictures.  Then my drive is clean.  The pics and videos can be of an adult nature so I want to view, stream and post them without plugging it into my phone kindle or laptop or holding them on portable devices.

I have not checked all of my post with pics, but it appears most if not all of mine are back in their original posts.  She, Eve, probably had to do it in steps cause of how massive and bloated the data base has gotten and very little pruning of old unused accounts.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon