Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Transgender care in USAF

I'm hella late posting this, but I've been awaiting Oct 1 so anxiously that it never occurred to me to post this. TL;DR I will be able to start transitioning as soon as this guidance is put out on how they're going to do it. Looks like they finally took a page from other Royals Air Forces around the world and see that TG girls and guys are more than capable of serving like anyone else. Read the link for details. http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/ta...mbers.aspx

(26-09-2016, 09:34 AM)cafemaid1900 Wrote:  I'm hella late posting this, but I've been awaiting Oct 1 so anxiously that it never occurred to me to post this. TL;DR I will be able to start transitioning as soon as this guidance is put out on how they're going to do it. Looks like they finally took a page from other Royals Air Forces around the world and see that TG girls and guys are more than capable of serving like anyone else. Read the link for details. http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/ta...mbers.aspx

This awesome news and congrats on beginning your transition.  May it be joyful and fulfilling as it is for me !

That is really super news

More employers should take note that a trans person is a very loyal employee

Once they settle into a workplace they enjoy and people around them are good, they are not going
too leave easily

Julie

That's great ...... So happy for you.

Thanks, girls. I hope I can be as beautiful as the rest of you or at least relatively close, lol. I am camera shy though, so posting pics of my face is gonna take a lot for me to do. My body is one thing, but including my face with that... イヤだよ!

(26-09-2016, 03:03 PM)cafemaid1900 Wrote:  Thanks, girls. I hope I can be as beautiful as the rest of you or at least relatively close, lol. I am camera shy though, so posting pics of my face is gonna take a lot for me to do. My body is one thing, but including my face with that... イヤだよ!

Trust me, you would not recognise me without my hair and make up.

Hey cafe!

I just wanted to let you know how excited I am for you! I spent 14.5 years in the AF (made it to E6,) and ultimately it was my gender dysphoria diagnosis (they refer to it as GID which doesn't bother me) that led me to a medical discharge just 2 years ago. I spent many of my last days in uniform with panties and a stealthy sports bra underneath. My new little sister just separated not too long ago too, and she is getting her journey started, thanks to the VA.

Please, please, PLEASE let me know how the service treats you, and again, I'm super excited for you!

(26-09-2016, 09:34 AM)cafemaid1900 Wrote:  I'm hella late posting this, but I've been awaiting Oct 1 so anxiously that it never occurred to me to post this. TL;DR I will be able to start transitioning as soon as this guidance is put out on how they're going to do it. Looks like they finally took a page from other Royals Air Forces around the world and see that TG girls and guys are more than capable of serving like anyone else. Read the link for details. http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/ta...mbers.aspx

Lol, your TL;DR is longer than the first part.  Tongue

(27-09-2016, 09:29 PM)Carys Wrote:  

Lol, your TL;DR is longer than the first part.  Tongue

Yeah you're right it was a bit lengthy. I shoulda separated that statement with a new line, lol. Anyway, just like you did, I also have been wearing panties and a bra, but not a sports one. I have a bradelis bra that enhances my cup size and shapes me up just nicely. I NEVER take my blouse off no matter how hot it is outside. Winter is coming up soon so I'll have even more layers on, but by then it won't matter. I'm actually trying to maintain stealth while I'm still in because I don't want to cause any uneasiness with my troops. I only have 9 months left and then I'll be separating to live in Japan; my new home. 

I've been going to mental health for about a year now and soon it will all pay off. My health provider is so understanding and kind. He wants to help me through this process and make sure my mind isn't getting warped at the same time or other people aren't giving me a hard time. He's a civilian and he himself says that even though he identifies male, he doesn't see why society in America places so much emphasis on what's male and what's female. 

I'm just so hyped for Oct 1 to roll around. As soon as the guidance is published I'll let you all know. I'm sorry you couldn't stick around to see this through, Carys, but your sacrifice won't be in vain. Finally, all of our transgender brothers and sisters can walk in the AF with pride and their heads held high.

My medical discharge was for anxiety, and the GD got added when the base requested the records from my off base therapist. I actually said that I was on Effexor when I was doing a PHA for a deployment to Kuwait (which I was excited to see since I hadn't been there before.) I forgot to tell the AF about the VA putting me on it, and then I got bumped from the trip, and eventually the service with the GD sealing the deal. Sometimes I really miss it so bad that it hurts. I miss working on aircraft and knowing that I was making missions happen. I miss the feeling of belonging, and the experiences that you'll get no where else. 

But then I think about CBTs, commander's calls, mass punishment for DUIs, and all the bullshit....and then I light up a joint and think "I guess I'm ok with this."  Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon