Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Facial hair

I was never able to grow a full beard- too splotchy- but what I had unfortunately grew fast, requiring daily shaving.   I had a mustache for many years.  I hated it, but my wife loved it, so I wore it for her.  For this reason, and the fact that my skin gets red and angry easily Angry , my face was one of the last places I did hair removal.  

I never liked facial hair, and love the velus hair "peach fuzz" I have now- adds a lot to passability I think, and takes a few years off the face as a bonus.

Facial hair like an sos pad...
Just as itchy. Tongue 
Except the moustache, which I keep as part of the plan to visually
differentiate myself from my father (not my biggest role model)

I am also fighting to keep my hair on top of my head (same reason I keep
the 'stache - another story though).

I try to keep the beard off, don't like it, though I had a 
full beard as a teen, kept catching it my jacket zippers. Big Grin

I keep a small patch under my lip since it grows really fast and I can shave it off for full androgyny mode whenever I want. Anything more than that makes me feel kind of gross (and I can't even grow a full beard anyway despite being 24), but I actually really like that little patch for some weird reason. It's annoying to apply makeup with a hairy lower lip without making the lack of makeup there obvious, but I've gotten the hang of it over the years.

I hate my facial hair now, it grows so fast, 5 o'clock shadow, more like 11am shadow for me. It will all be gone someday soon...

I did kind of like it when I was younger though as it made me look older. I wore a mustache and/or a goatee for much of the time. Perhaps it made me masculine looking enough that my feminine mannerisms and interests were less in question. It also did help me get into clubs and sometimes buy beer and other age restricted products when I was underage.

(29-09-2016, 07:28 AM)PaulaJ Wrote:  I hate my facial hair now, it grows so fast, 5 o'clock shadow, more like 11am shadow for me. It will all be gone someday soon...

I can go a few days now and hardly have anything showing .. Now I often do my face before I go to bed, so I don't have to bother in the morning.

(27-09-2016, 10:44 PM)Th3saurus Wrote:  Forgive me for being a person addicted to posting their face Big Grin

Me with a beard, before I grew my hair out, 
http://i.imgur.com/73bvZbr.jpg

And here's me right now 
http://i.imgur.com/MIpntno.jpg

how long did it take to grow your hair?

I got my last short haircut in 2011 (I had a trim recently, but I didn't lose much length), so I've been growing my hair for about 5 years.

That picture of me was taken a bit before my last haircut.

Hi Everybody

From puberty I have had problems with shaving and have been cursed with having to sport a beard all my adult life. On those rare occasions I had an "accident" and shaved it off, it would only be for a couple of weeks before my face looked like I had fallen into a pizza.  That said, it also was something to hide behind as I worked hard to convince myself an others that I was a blokey bloke, mostly worked too.  

While I have been learning about NBE etc, I have also been seriously investigating methods and potions for dealing with body hair and face fungus (believe me, I have looked).  I thought I almost had it and was going to grandly broadcast it to all! Except..... it doesn't actually work.  Actually, that's not entirely true.  I have been able to reduce body hair density by about 50% in places but facial hair is a whole other ball game and it didn't touch it.

I know some have reported being able to get it under control using an epilator (so envious ;-) but for me that would just turn my face into war zone.  And to be honest, I haven't noticed much reduction with body hair growth just using an epilator and expect that the tougher beard growth would be even more resistant.  

Seem that for me the hair just don't want to go! so it's electrolysis or hairy.  

Though something that those who are considering electrolysis might want to be aware of.  Most commonly available equipment out there seem to use a technology that's been around for ages and has a reputation for being ouch!  But there is technology available now that offers a treatment that's much less painful, though still effective. I have some more info should anybody be interested.  

Oh, and hi 6. Good to see you about, got some info for you.  Will pm as soon as I can. :-)

Huggy.

I hope you are talking about the "mixed" verison. That's what my electrologist uses, and it is pretty bearable on most parts of the face.

There are three methods of electrolysis. AC, DC and mixed.

AC is the older one, it's painful but it's also really effective at killing the hair.

DC is slightly newer, it's more heat based and easily gets the hairs to release, but it isn't as effective at killing the root.

Mixed uses a balance of both.

(01-10-2016, 11:18 PM)Huggy Wrote:  Oh, and hi 6. Good to see you about, got some info for you.  Will pm as soon as I can. :-)

Huggy.

Yup, still lurking about.  Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon