Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Finding Accepting Doctors

My general practitioner just announced her retirement, so I am looking to find a new doctor.  It would take a load off of my mind to find a doctor who will be open minded and accepting of a new patient, like me, who is genetically male but deliberately taking on female attributes.  Even better would be to find one who will not rake me over the coals for having undertaken NBE or even HRT without involving doctors.  

The on-line resources yield nothing helpful.  At best, they identify a few endocrinologists, and most of those are located far away.  At this point, I really just want to find a new GP.  I have thought about contacting a local TG or LGBTG group to see if they have recommendations, but I have heard that they do not provide referrals, so I suspect that would yield nothing.

It seems like a resource for obtaining this kind of information would be very helpful.  The relationship with a doctor is intimate, and having a high comfort factor would be a relief.

Any ideas out there?

I find it unusual that a support group would not supoly you with a list of transgender friendly doctors. I know at the group I am involved with has no issue with doing so.

(05-10-2016, 02:29 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  I find it unusual that a support group would not supoly you with a list of transgender friendly doctors. I know at the group I am involved with has no issue with doing so.

My one and only experience with a TG support group readily gave me suggestions on where I might find a doctor.  As a matter of fact, probably saved me about 300 miles in travel !

Spanky my dear, you don't know till you ask. If online is not being fruitful, take that plunge and call. Perhaps they won't give referrals over the phone as a precautionary, so it could be that you may actually have to inquire in person. But if it means that much to you have that comfort, one must make that extra effort to make it happen!

All I did Spanky, was a Google Search for "Transgender".  Then I refined it for where I lived.  Who would of thought that Iowa would have a pretty good developed trans gendered support system.  It showed me like 2-3 blogs, a statewide organization and 3 different therapist clinics. I mean look at it this way. The last time I heard, all of Iowa's population could fit on Long Island alone. So, if we have that kind of resources here, you surely should be able for find something in like a neighboring state, at least.

Thanks for the input all.  I have called a local LGBTG advocacy group and left a message.  I will see if they have any suggestions.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon