Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

mammogram (what`s it like?)

Here in the UK, Mammograms have to be done for all women over 50.
since my next birthday will take me to 50 and I`v booked a Doctors appt to transition properly, it`s inevitable that I`ll be sent for one fairly soon!

My wife pointed out "thats really going to hurt you!" (thanks for the reasurance honey), she reasons that most 50 year old Cis women have how shall we say "saggy" breasts and that mine are still new and quite perky, that having them "squashed" will be really painful Sad

has anyone on here had  any experience with these and can you tell me what it`s like please?

Thanks! Smile

My wife half jokes, that for her about 20 yrs ago, that she would imagine it would be close to getting "My Boys" squished between two sheets of non giving plexi-glass.  She also said that she is surprised my regular doctor has not requested one yet.

(12-10-2016, 01:24 PM)Katie Wrote:  Here in the UK, Mammograms have to be done for all women over 50.
since my next birthday will take me to 50 and I`v booked a Doctors appt to transition properly, it`s inevitable that I`ll be sent for one fairly soon!

My wife pointed out "thats really going to hurt you!" (thanks for the reasurance honey), she reasons that most 50 year old Cis women have how shall we say "saggy" breasts and that mine are still new and quite perky, that having them "squashed" will be really painful Sad

has anyone on here had  any experience with these and can you tell me what it`s like please?

Thanks! Smile

Katie, I am transgender and had a mammogram two weeks ago. It's a piece of cake. The machine does squeeze your breasts somewhat but it did not hurt at all. Just a little uncomfortable when they get the side. But, no pain what so ever. I found the bone scan they did to be much more uncomfortable that the mammogram. 

Regards,

Kelly

Thanks, that puts my mnd at ease a bit, But....
I have another queston now, probably one for Lotus or the more Bio Tech leaning girls here.
Since my breast tissue is still growing and a 50 year old GG has long since stopped by the time they get xrays, I still have genetic material there that has yet to espress itself, am I at More risk for DNA damage?

a bit like if you damage a large tree ot`ll absorb it and have very little impact overall, but if you do the same damage to a seedling or even the seed it can cause severe damage and maybe even kill the plant entirely.

ok, probably not the Best example but it`s what sprang to mind.

Katie, that's a very good question.  I wonder if some of our more geeks might have the right answer?

(23-10-2016, 06:45 PM)iaboy Wrote:  Katie, that's a very good question.  I wonder if some of our more geeks might have the right answer?

I'll second that ..

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon