Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My Gender Doctor

Aria, that`s a Lovely bit of news! Big Grin
and Think starting off slow on the E is a really good idea too, and ramp up slowly, sounds like you have a really good doctor on your side! Smile

*Jullie wrote: "So how will the man card stack with that statement

You will not know yourself ?"

of course the answer could be (as it was in my case) Did she ever Have a "Man card" in the first place, or just a carefully forged ID?
the last part`s really neat in that when you Do let her out, you`ll have to learn all about yourself again, so either way it`s true statement Smile

* I can`t get the quote thingy to work, so I just did it that way instead.

(15-12-2016, 01:29 AM)Aria Wrote:  O.K. all.  I went to get on meds and formally accepted into the program.

We went over the "Informed Consent" form, he had his nurse draw blood.  He sort of outlined his program in more detail.  1st, he does not order a full hormone panel.  He said even if insurance companies claim to be open to Transgender care, sometimes they fall a little short.  What he looks for is Total Testosterone and Potassium in the system as a better marker, that plus how the patient looks, feels and if there is no medical complications.  He said that many CIS women can spike with E for short durations without worries and a few times men spike when the body is trying to shift from male to female.

So, for Lotus, and a couple of other's.....  you can breath again....   Wink

He said, in his opinion, that finasteride can sometimes not help in MtF Trans folks.  But that it does wonder's for keeping down DHT in FtM Trans.  (protects hair from being shocked and stop growing)  Also, Finn can in some, cause elevated T by working the testicles to produce even more T.  ( I had elevated LH, and my T went from upper 300 to 600's because of that!)  Hence the reason through conversion of T to E and causing Gynecomastia in some males.  (The body is getting false feedback of sorts)

So, here is my new program....

From 50mg of Spiro to 100mg of Spiro.  Estrogen patches at .050mg dose rate per day.  He said that he very rarely starts anyone any higher for the 1st month due to the fact that the shock to a person metabolism and the rest of the endo system can vary so much.  Thus causing side effects more severe or quicker that he would have just ramping up.

So, in 2 months, I go back and have another blood test for Potassium and Free T.  He also said that whatever fullness I might of lost, due to me be off any active estrogenic herbs, should bounce back real quick and that what ever my plan was helped my body to some degree in shifting due to me already having decent sized breasts and some hips.  He said I wouldn't know myself in 6 months and that in 18 months I would look totally different.  But how successful would depend on my determination, sticking to the guidelines and of course.....  genetics.

I am pretty happy, except I have to wait till tomorrow for my patches as they were not in stock at my pharmacy..... Angry

(15-12-2016, 09:56 AM)Katie Wrote:  Aria, that`s a Lovely bit of news! Big Grin
and Think starting off slow on the E is a really good idea too, and ramp up slowly, sounds like you have a really good doctor on your side! Smile

*Jullie wrote: "So how will the man card stack with that statement

You will not know yourself ?"

of course the answer could be (as it was in my case) Did she ever Have a "Man card" in the first place, or just a carefully forged ID?
the last part`s really neat in that when you Do let her out, you`ll have to learn all about yourself again, so either way it`s true statement Smile

* I can`t get the quote thingy to work, so I just did it that way instead.

That's great news ... It sounds very similar to how my program started.  Not too sure about the 18 month bit though, I'm at 10 months in now and I feel my changes are insignificant. Hopefully your Dr will up your HRT to a useful amount.

Well, since my heart of 25, as diagnosed just 5 months before my major heart attack occurred Huh  I have been taking what most doctor's say with a grain of salt.  But, since this doctor was on the committee for Transgender Medical Guidelines....  I have been very lucky to find such a jewel in the land of corn and pigs right in my back yard.

I told him that I understood, due to my medical history, the need to go slow and feel things out.  But, by the same token, I did NOT want to be stuck where I am at 10 yrs from now.  He suggested that since the herbal route worked so well for me that he didn't think I would be "standing still" for long.  So, he thinks I will not only gain back what I may of lost in the last 4 months, but probably shoot ahead.  And he would revisit my dose rate every 2 months for the first yr.  To monitor for safety and progress.

So, I am really happy and think I can trust him at his word.

I am not really sure if I had a pure man card....  I think I have been a member of the 3rd sex all of my life.  I have come to realize that, now the task is how to live it without loosing anyone near and dear to me and most importantly....  myself.

(15-12-2016, 03:21 PM)Aria Wrote:  I have come to realize that, now the task is how to live it without loosing anyone near and dear to me and most importantly....  myself.

And that is the hardest part.  I've certainly just ensured that I did.

I wish you the best of luck.

soooooooooooooo go back to my original posts and I was correct

man card out window

x

Julie

Blush

Hi Aria,

thank you for sharing your experiences! And I am happy that you are happy. Wink 

I understand that you are a little bit worried about possible negative consequences of HRT due to your health issue and therefore I completely understand that your doctor decided for "start low go slow" approach. However, to my knowledge, there is not many really major interactions between HRT and heart medication. I suppose that after heart attack you are taking some kind of antiaggregation pils, ACE inhibitor and maybe diuretic and beta-blocker. I think the biggest concern is higher risk of blood clots, but if you are taking antiaggregation therapy and you are not smoking I think you don't have to worry too much.

Anyway, I am interested in what your doctor told you: that "you wouldn't know yourself in 6 months and that in 18 months you would look totally different." How do you feel about it? And what is your "final destination"? I mean, did you think what would you like to accomplish? How much would you like to feminize yourself?

Poly

Hi Poly!  

If someone had a magic wand....  The best situation would be zapp me into my past body. (football, baseball player build)  Then when of a mind, about 1/2 the time, zap me into female body that is graceful, not too skinny, has decent curves and a reasonable face.

My GD and Therapist both ask me where I thought I might be on the scale of 1 - 10.  One being total male 100% of the time, or being a 10, total 100% female all the time..  Right now, if I had to put a # to the way I think right now, not knowing how well the feminization will go.  (meaning not just a little fuller boobs)  I would have to say about a 7, maybe just short.

I don't have to worry about wanting more kids...  Too freaking old now, not a real sexual being either(maybe for the same reason?)  So, I don't have all the hangups say a person in their 20's or 30" might have about E.D. and Infertility.  

I want breasts and rear, that when I do feel like "dressing up", it appears I actually belong in them.  

Hope that gives you an idea of my "End Game".

ditto

x

Julie

Rolleyes

I could be wrong here but rating a 7 on the 1 to 10 is quite high!
when I forst started 12 months ago I wasn`t interested in growing bewbs, all I wanted was the Mental effects, that`s All I wanted Hand On Heart!
I would have perhaps rated myself as a 2 back then, I went through being Gender Fluid for a bit and that didn`t fit, then I suspected Bi-Gender and wore that for a long while (I think you`re probably at this stage too), and for me That didn`t fit, so I bit the bullet and accepted my original Medical diagnosis of being Transsexual.
but oddly That doesn`t seem to fit so well anymore either, I just feel 100% Female and not at all Trans* anything.

It`s been termed as a "slippery slope" or a "Pandoras Box" for a reason LOL Smile

E will break down any resistance you have and you won`t even feel or notice it happening, and by the time you do, you won`t even care!

so all these things You want now as a "Man" wont be the same things you`ll want later as you wont be the same person you are now making those choices.

it`s very hard to explain.

Eeeeekkk
Scary

Are you reading this poli ?

Julie

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon