Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My Gender Doctor

you have more guts than i do!!

(04-05-2017, 11:26 PM)stefanie_s Wrote:  you have more guts than i do!!

Nah, just following a very renowned Gender Doctor.  I figure he knows just a bit more than I do.  BUT, I am still nervous about the Progesterone. Rolleyes

(04-05-2017, 05:32 PM)Aria Wrote:  Well, to let everyone know.  My last visit to the GD went pretty well.

But, I have a question that I was hoping a person who I thought was a dear friend that hasn't replied to 2 emails, would answer or make a suggestion.

The doctor was impressed that in about 4 months, my Total T went from over 1000 down to 98.  But, he wants it down to around 50-70.  So, with my heart condition and whatever, he prescribed progesterone.  Maybe it just the old wives tales and mis informed that I have listened to, but I am almost afraid to begin.  Progesterone has so many demons attached to it, for instance more chance for DVT, heart problems ect that I am very reticent to begin to use it.

So, I am wondering how many here have been prescribed progesterone?  And of which, how many had problems of one sort or another.  Any thoughtful answers would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies for the late reply...as we've discussed pharma progestin can inhibit DHT, however, when simultaneously combined with estrogen it becomes a synergy benefiting breast growth. Think of it as low dose (combination) birth control.....

Contraception. 1996 Oct;54(4):243-51.
The novel progestin drospirenone and its natural counterpart progesterone: biochemical profile and antiandrogenic potential.
Fuhrmann U1Krattenmacher RSlater EPFritzemeier KH.
Author information

Abstract
Drospirenone is a novel progestin under clinical development that is similar to the natural hormone progesterone, combining potent progestogenic with antimineralocorticoid and antiandrogenic activities. This specific pharmacological profile of drospirenone is defined by its pattern of binding affinities to a variety of steroid hormone receptors. In the present study the affinity of drospirenone to the progesterone receptor (PR), the androgen receptor (AR), the glucocorticoid receptor (GR), the mineralocorticoid receptor (MR), and the estrogen receptor (ER) was re-evaluated by steroid binding assays and compared to those obtained for the natural hormone progesterone. Drospirenone displayed high affinity to PR and MR and low binding to AR, similar to progesterone. Unlike progesterone, which showed considerable binding to GR, drospirenone exhibited only low binding to this receptor. Neither drospirenone nor progesterone did bind to the ER. In addition to receptor binding studies, transactivation assays were carried out to investigate the effects of drospirenone and progesterone on AR-, GR-, and MR-mediated induction of transcription. Both progestins showed no androgenic but antiandrogenic activity by inhibiting AR-mediated transcription in a dose-dependent manner. This observation could be confirmed by in vivo experiments carried out with orchiectomized male rats, where the antiandrogenic potency of drospirenone was found to be about five- to ten-fold higher than that of progesterone. In contrast to progesterone, drospirenone was devoid of glucocorticoid activity. Both progestins did not show any antiglucocorticoid action. Furthermore, drospirenone and progesterone both showed considerable antimineralocorticoid activity and weak mineralocorticoid activity.
PIP:
In various research laboratories in Germany, researchers conducted receptor binding studies and transactivation assays in vitro and studied antiandrogenic activity in juvenile castrated male rats of the new progestin drospirenone and of the natural hormone progesterone. Drospirenone exhibited high affinity to the progesterone receptor (PR) and the mineralocorticoid receptor (MR), while it exhibited low affinity to the androgen receptor (AR). Progesterone also had low affinity to AR. Neither the new progestin nor progesterone bound to the estrogen receptor (ER). Neither drospirenone nor progesterone displayed androgenic activity. On the other hand, they thwarted AR-mediated transcription in a dose-dependent manner, therefore displaying antiandrogenic activity. The in vivo studies confirmed the antiandrogenic activity of drospirenone and progesterone. In fact, these studies revealed that drospirenone had an antiandrogenic potency 5-10 times greater than progesterone. Unlike progesterone, drospirenone exhibited no glucocorticoid activity, but both drospirenone and progesterone exhibited antiglucocorticoid activity. They also displayed strong antimineralocorticoid activity and weak mineralocorticoid activity.
PMID: 8922878

Wow.  so this drug they are trying to develop could be a boon to trans people.  Cause, if I understand what you posted....  it's safer and does a better job than pharma grade Progestins.

Wow.  so this drug they are trying to develop could be a boon to trans people.  Cause, if I understand what you posted....  it's safer and does a better job than pharma grade Progestins.

I'm on progesterone, since april. 

but ive seen no major changes in growth. so to say it's the pill that makes boobies go boom... is a lie... however, I feel much more balanced. when I do get growth cycles they do appear larger and seemingly more energetic and it has been seemingly balancing out nipple development in my lagging breast.

(10-05-2017, 11:42 AM)EndlessEden_mn2010 Wrote:  I'm on progesterone, since april. 

but ive seen no major changes in growth. so to say it's the pill that makes boobies go boom... is a lie... however, I feel much more balanced. when I do get growth cycles they do appear larger and seemingly more energetic and it has been seemingly balancing out nipple development in my lagging breast.

Well, I could use both areola and nipple growth.  I have seen decent filling of breasts since I have been on E.  But you as well as I have seen the horror stories and doomsday sayers over both E and P, but even more so for P.  Have you had any ill effects from progesterone?

(10-05-2017, 04:49 PM)Aria Wrote:  
(10-05-2017, 11:42 AM)EndlessEden_mn2010 Wrote:  I'm on progesterone, since april. 

Well, I could use both areola and nipple growth.  I have seen decent filling of breasts since I have been on E.  But you as well as I have seen the horror stories and doomsday sayers over both E and P, but even more so for P.  Have you had any ill effects from progesterone?

None so far, going on 2 months. i havent noticed anything?

If anything, it helped with skin allergy i was having, strangely.

I've been using progesterone cream for more than a year. Recently it's been a concentrated product, I use it almost daily and am not very particular with the dosage. Still alive and kicking Tongue .

My GD sort of pooh poohed using creme of any sorts.  I think his main thought is the inconsistency of such.  Especially OTC brands or formula's.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon