Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Electroysis

I talked to my wife about starting electrolysis, she seems more concerned about the cost, than the actual getting it done.
We have a place close to here that charges @ $40cdn an hour. I may only be able to go once a month, but it's a start.

(18-10-2016, 04:39 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  I talked to my wife about starting electrolysis, she seems more concerned about the cost, than the actual getting it done.
We have a place close to here that charges @ $40cdn an hour. I may only be able to go once a month, but it's a start.

Oh that's awesome, can't wait to hear how it was. What are you going to do ? Legs and chest ?
Your wife is awesome Jannet.

Birgit

Fantastic news!

I`v looked into this myself and have decided to go Laser first and then electrolysis for the remainder, theres a Huge price difference and electrolysis is Way cheaper! but for me the thought of having to grow a few mm of facial hair every couple of weeks is too much, the dysphoria it would create would be really bad Sad

So I admire your courage for being able to do this, unlike chicken me! Big Grin

(18-10-2016, 05:31 PM)Birgit Wrote:  
(18-10-2016, 04:39 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  I talked to my wife about starting electrolysis, she seems more concerned about the cost, than the actual getting it done.

Oh that's awesome, can't wait to hear how it was. What are you going to do ? Legs and chest ?
Your wife is awesome Jannet.

Birgit

Just my face, my body hair is very fine anyway. The epilator is getting rid of most of it anyway.
I may get around my nipples done too, we will see.

Oooh, good luck Big Grin

For me electro has been a really important part of my transition, I've already spent $2000 on it :|

I do two 2 hour sessions per week at $40 per hour (was $60/hour for the first 20 hours)

Fortunately, I make enough tips at my job to cover the cost, and my hourly wage just barely squeaks out enough cash to cover my rent and food, so I'm surviving.

I should probably start looking for a second job though.

(18-10-2016, 09:40 PM)Th3saurus Wrote:  Oooh, good luck Big Grin

For me electro has been a really important part of my transition, I've already spent $2000 on it :|

I do two 2 hour sessions per week at $40 per hour (was $60/hour for the first 20 hours)

Fortunately, I make enough tips at my job to cover the cost, and my hourly wage just barely squeaks out enough cash to cover my rent and food, so I'm surviving.

I should probably start looking for a second job though.

Given the option, I would sit through a few 8 hr sessions and just get it done, but the cost for that per sitting is too much.

I had a boss once who used to say "If you have a problem that you can solve with money, you don't really have a problem", by which he meant that real problems cannot be solved with money.  So, sounds like you have the hard part- approval, or at least acceptance, or perhaps tolerance?  Now, you just have to come up with the cash.  $40 and hour sounds pretty reasonable these days.  Go slow on your face- you only get one, and you don't want it scarred.  I did laser first, and then followed up with electrolysis to get the stragglers.  It was a long process, but the sooner you can start, the better.  Other areas, while vexing, can wait.  Having no facial hair makes passing so much easier- and makes you look younger as a side benefit.

Good luck Janet!  I am so happy for you.

My electrologist will only do two hours sessions at max unless she gets a substantial break. 

I was not really expecting to do more than one or two hours a week, it just kind of happened, still it's really nice to get this out of the way. I can't wait to have a clear face!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon