Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I came out to my family last weekend.

I visited my parents for the first time since last Christmas last weekend.

I went to celebrate the birthday of one of my sisters, and our whole family was back in the same house for the weekend.

Everything kinda happened on accident. I was hanging out with my sister, and she noticed that my ears were pierced, and she could tell that I had something to say. My whole story kinda just spilled out.

She was confused and sad, but sympathetic. The rest of my family entered the room after a bit, and I decided that I didn't want to burden my sister with keeping my secret, so I came out to all of them.

My dad asked me a lot of questions, and we talked late into the night. I don't think he will ever accept me as a female, but he says that he will basically love me no matter what I do, and I'm still welcome in his home.

Everybody was pretty quiet the next day, and I don't know what will happen in the long run, but yeah, I came out to my conservative christian family, and I survived.

I'm glad I did it so early into my transition to be honest. That was a big hurdle for me.

(25-10-2016, 04:44 AM)Th3saurus Wrote:  I visited my parents for the first time since last Christmas last weekend.

I went to celebrate the birthday of one of my sisters, and our whole family was back in the same house for the weekend.

Everything kinda happened on accident. I was hanging out with my sister, and she noticed that my ears were pierced, and she could tell that I had something to say. My whole story kinda just spilled out.

She was confused and sad, but sympathetic. The rest of my family entered the room after a bit, and I decided that I didn't want to burden my sister with keeping my secret, so I came out to all of them.

My dad asked me a lot of questions, and we talked late into the night. I don't think he will ever accept me as a female, but he says that he will basically love me no matter what I do, and I'm still welcome in his home.

Everybody was pretty quiet the next day, and I don't know what will happen in the long run, but yeah, I came out to my conservative christian family, and I survived.

I'm glad I did it so early into my transition to be honest. That was a big hurdle for me.
I bet you feel like the elephant on your back is gone. Sounds like it went as well as could be expected. Kudos to you for having the courage and strength to do it!

I totally agree with Jessica!  Is it Rum/Coke time??  It would be for me, anyways.

Hehe, maybe if I drank Tongue

I did just eat a whole box of cookies though.

I'm still a little numb, but I'd probably be a ton more relieved if I didn't have a head cold right now.

I've got the kind where you basically constantly cry out of one of your eyes, and it's kinda distracting.

It certainly is a relief, but I honestly am not sure what is going to happen next with all this. Everything is coming at me so quickly right now. It's hard to really appreciate it yet.

I am sure it's a bitter sweet feeling. Many of us have been in your shoes and not only know how you are feeling but can well imagine what strength it took to finally come out to your family. 
I hope all goes well for you.

WOW high five to you.
Life will be so much easier now that major players in your life have been clued in.
And the adventure begins. We are all here for you, both with your ups and your downs
Hugs
Bobbi

Wow, that's totally amazing.  I am happy for you, and I wish you continued success with your journey and your family!  hugs

Takes cojones, no question.
Congratulations on the milestone.

Glad it went well, too.
-Dianna

Well done! esp taking the opportunity to tell everyone while you were on a roll, it`s much better to get it out of the way Smile

of course the Next step will be them seeing you en femme! Big Grin
even if you`ve done it for a 1000 years, you`ll still feel like a total goof doing it front of your mom and dad for the first time Wink
it Does get way easier though and fairly quickly, I found that it helps them get the pronouns right more often too.

Go Girl! Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon