Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Better late than never??

Sunday I was out and about with my family.  We were dressed in costume as a family at an event.  At one point the kids were off playing and I noticed my wife looking a bit distraught.  I decided to engage in conversation with her to see what was going on.  She told me she was tired of my lying to her and the secrets, obviously I've been doing something because my body does not look like it used to look.  I couldn't believe it, we were going have this conversation here, with all these people around, and her family here as well?  I asked her if she seriously wanted to have this conversation now.  Her response to me was that we don't talk at home, so what difference does it make.  I told her that this was not the time or place for this conversation.  I also told her that I've tried many many times to broach this conversation, but ever time I have, it has been met with negativity and my feeling quite distraught and depressed.  I promised her we would talk about it later.

The rest of my afternoon that weighed on me, after all this time, I was finally going to come clean to my wife.  It was quite nerve racking, but I did my best to bury it deep inside to enjoy my time with my kiddos at the event.  After we said goodbye to everyone we went and had a late lunch.  Time was ticking down and soon things would be revealed.  I had played this conversation so many times in my head, and now it was here, and I was scrambling to figure out what to say.  She was telling me and the kids that she had a lot of work to do, so I wondered if perhaps our conversation was going to be delayed.

As we are driving, I hold her hand.  The kids had fallen asleep in the back, and I asked her if she wanted to talk about this now, or would she prefer to wait.  She said she wanted to talk about it now.  I struggled trying to figure out what to say, where to start, so I just talked, I talked and talked and talked and talked.  I told her that I was taking herbs, and they were affecting me physically as well as mentally.  I told her that I was happiest being in the middle.  Not 100% male, not 100% female.  I told her I wasn't looking to become a woman, which is true, I am not.  I told her that right now I felt complete, and balanced, mentally and emotionally.  I felt more like me than I had felt in a long time, before I was corrupted by T.  I told her about a lot of things, from my youth to more recently, and for the most part she just listened.

After I finished with what i had to say regarding herbs and the mental changes, she asked me if I had talked to my doctor about the feelings I have and everything that was going on in my head.  She told me cause you know all of what I'm going through is up here, and she points to her head.  I responded to her that I hadn't talked to my doctor about it, and I wasn't even sure where to begin about that either.  I also pointed out to her that there would be a strong possibility that the doctor would prescribe hormones based on how I am, and others that have been in similar positions to me.  Hearing her negative tone and reaction, I was hesitant now telling her that I had self prescribed hormones.  She still thinks I need to talk to my doctor about all this, which I suppose it is something I need to look into now.  Looking back at the conversation now, I am not sure if my wife meant that all this is just in my head, or if she meant it the way I took it at the time.  I suppose I have to ask her about that.  Though I am not sure I want to know the truth behind that remark.   Dodgy

By now we had stopped at the mall because we had intended to walk around for a bit.  She is hurt, and crying now.  She tells me that she does not like my changes, that she is not attracted to me.  Of course that comment just stung like hell.  Part of me wanted to lash back at that comment, but I knew better, I knew it was a lot for her to take in and process.  I asked her what difference did it make what I looked like on the outside?  Inside I was still the same, if anything I was more emotional, sensitive and sensual.  I reminded her that when we were first going out one of her complaints about us was that she was heavier than me, and of course she never felt attractive, but I reminded her, she was attractive to me!  I told her that I fell in love with, and I physically pointed to her chest indicating her heart, and her head indicating her mind.  Our body is but a shell, it will change and vary with time.  I told her my body will age, and wrinkle, I will gain, and lose weight, it will fluctuate greatly as time progresses, but it is just a shell.  The inside is what matters most, not the outside.

She didn't say anything after that.  She was still softly sobbing.  I didn't know what else to say.  I asked her if she was interested in seeing what I looked like, and she responded VERY adamantly NO!  I told her that I was just checking, I needed to know just how much she wanted to know about me so that she didn't feel like I was keeping secrets.

I tried talking her into walking around the mall, of course she didn't want to because she'd been crying and she felt she looked a mess.  After a bit of time, we all got out and walked around.  After we had walked around, we went to have dinner.  After dinner I questioned her if she was planning on telling anyone about this?  She said no, and of course brought up now she has to be keeping my secrets.  I apologized, and told her that wasn't something I was ready for, and that I still didn't even have a handle or understanding of myself.  I asked her if she honestly thought my parents would understand or even accept me.  She didn't answer.  She also told me that she hoped I hadn't shared my pictures with my friends online.  She looked at my face and immediately knew that was too late.  She told me: "Seriously, and you want me to keep your secrets when you're telling everyone???"  I told her that's a far cry from telling everyone, the people I am talking to are more like minded.  She was also a bit annoyed that I had pictures on my computer and phone.

By the time we got home, everything felt okay.  I asked her if we were okay, and she said she didn't know.  I realize this is going to take time, and perhaps she will come to terms with it, perhaps she won't.  I just don't know right now.  I feel more confused now than before.   Huh

Sofia,

Congratulations on getting around to having the conversation, even if the way it came about wasnt the best. As I said on chat I think your wife is taking her time to process things so she may be less bothered by it in future (perhaps!).  I guess depending on her point of view there are worse things to have been doing "behind her back". 

In terms of the in your head comment she made I think that was about her dealing with things - from how its worded anyway but I could well be wrong about that.  I think you can over analyse somethings which might well be said in the heat of the moment and perhaps dont mean what you think they might. 

In terms of longer term, I think you need to decide what you want, I appreciate you have baby bunnies to take care of which does complicate things a lot but I think you have to do whatever feels right to you, even if it isnt the easiest option, but you dont want to end up regretting the choices you make now in 10-15 years time. 

Hope it all works out though anyway

Megan

(01-11-2016, 08:47 PM)Sofia Lauren Bunny Wrote:  Sunday I was out and about with my family.  We were dressed in costume as a family at an event.  At one point the kids were off playing and I noticed my wife looking a bit distraught.  I decided to engage in conversation with her to see what was going on.  She told me she was tired of my lying to her and the secrets, obviously I've been doing something because my body does not look like it used to look.  I couldn't believe it, we were going have this conversation here, with all these people around, and her family here as well?  I asked her if she seriously wanted to have this conversation now.  Her response to me was that we don't talk at home, so what difference does it make.  I told her that this was not the time or place for this conversation.  I also told her that I've tried many many times to broach this conversation, but ever time I have, it has been met with negativity and my feeling quite distraught and depressed.  I promised her we would talk about it later.

The rest of my afternoon that weighed on me, after all this time, I was finally going to come clean to my wife.  It was quite nerve racking, but I did my best to bury it deep inside to enjoy my time with my kiddos at the event.  After we said goodbye to everyone we went and had a late lunch.  Time was ticking down and soon things would be revealed.  I had played this conversation so many times in my head, and now it was here, and I was scrambling to figure out what to say.  She was telling me and the kids that she had a lot of work to do, so I wondered if perhaps our conversation was going to be delayed.

As we are driving, I hold her hand.  The kids had fallen asleep in the back, and I asked her if she wanted to talk about this now, or would she prefer to wait.  She said she wanted to talk about it now.  I struggled trying to figure out what to say, where to start, so I just talked, I talked and talked and talked and talked.  I told her that I was taking herbs, and they were affecting me physically as well as mentally.  I told her that I was happiest being in the middle.  Not 100% male, not 100% female.  I told her I wasn't looking to become a woman, which is true, I am not.  I told her that right now I felt complete, and balanced, mentally and emotionally.  I felt more like me than I had felt in a long time, before I was corrupted by T.  I told her about a lot of things, from my youth to more recently, and for the most part she just listened.

After I finished with what i had to say regarding herbs and the mental changes, she asked me if I had talked to my doctor about the feelings I have and everything that was going on in my head.  She told me cause you know all of what I'm going through is up here, and she points to her head.  I responded to her that I hadn't talked to my doctor about it, and I wasn't even sure where to begin about that either.  I also pointed out to her that there would be a strong possibility that the doctor would prescribe hormones based on how I am, and others that have been in similar positions to me.  Hearing her negative tone and reaction, I was hesitant now telling her that I had self prescribed hormones.  She still thinks I need to talk to my doctor about all this, which I suppose it is something I need to look into now.  Looking back at the conversation now, I am not sure if my wife meant that all this is just in my head, or if she meant it the way I took it at the time.  I suppose I have to ask her about that.  Though I am not sure I want to know the truth behind that remark.   Dodgy

By now we had stopped at the mall because we had intended to walk around for a bit.  She is hurt, and crying now.  She tells me that she does not like my changes, that she is not attracted to me.  Of course that comment just stung like hell.  Part of me wanted to lash back at that comment, but I knew better, I knew it was a lot for her to take in and process.  I asked her what difference did it make what I looked like on the outside?  Inside I was still the same, if anything I was more emotional, sensitive and sensual.  I reminded her that when we were first going out one of her complaints about us was that she was heavier than me, and of course she never felt attractive, but I reminded her, she was attractive to me!  I told her that I fell in love with, and I physically pointed to her chest indicating her heart, and her head indicating her mind.  Our body is but a shell, it will change and vary with time.  I told her my body will age, and wrinkle, I will gain, and lose weight, it will fluctuate greatly as time progresses, but it is just a shell.  The inside is what matters most, not the outside.

She didn't say anything after that.  She was still softly sobbing.  I didn't know what else to say.  I asked her if she was interested in seeing what I looked like, and she responded VERY adamantly NO!  I told her that I was just checking, I needed to know just how much she wanted to know about me so that she didn't feel like I was keeping secrets.

I tried talking her into walking around the mall, of course she didn't want to because she'd been crying and she felt she looked a mess.  After a bit of time, we all got out and walked around.  After we had walked around, we went to have dinner.  After dinner I questioned her if she was planning on telling anyone about this?  She said no, and of course brought up now she has to be keeping my secrets.  I apologized, and told her that wasn't something I was ready for, and that I still didn't even have a handle or understanding of myself.  I asked her if she honestly thought my parents would understand or even accept me.  She didn't answer.  She also told me that she hoped I hadn't shared my pictures with my friends online.  She looked at my face and immediately knew that was too late.  She told me: "Seriously, and you want me to keep your secrets when you're telling everyone???"  I told her that's a far cry from telling everyone, the people I am talking to are more like minded.  She was also a bit annoyed that I had pictures on my computer and phone.

By the time we got home, everything felt okay.  I asked her if we were okay, and she said she didn't know.  I realize this is going to take time, and perhaps she will come to terms with it, perhaps she won't.  I just don't know right now.  I feel more confused now than before.   Huh

Wow, so sorry dear ,  I  sure that's not how anyone would have wanted that situation to go. Hopefully now that it's out in the open, she will be able to see that you are the same person on the inside, except in an emotionally better place.
My wife commented on  my jiggling the other day, but I think I'm in a different place in my relationship then you are in yours. My wife knows I wear panties and bras and have a section in our closet reserved for Jessica's clothing. She knows I'm taking pills to "feminize" my figure.......hopefully your wife will accept you for who you are, not who she wants you to be.

I know we were talking on #NBEchat when it happened, and how crazy that night went. I seen how you were feeling through your words and reactions. The roller coaster you have been on leading up to, during and now. But, i know in time things will turn out for the best.

Jessica's reaction is right on the money. Its not something you can plan to perfection and even have go right. The way it went wasnt perfect and the both of you have much to deal with. 

But at the same time, you are still you. You have always been you, the you on the inside has not changed. You are just happier now, more satisfied to be alive and be you. Not searching for all the answers to the questions you have yet to understand. You have reached a point where you can be satisfied with that bit of happiness you were searching for. - If she has a hard time understanding that, then try to explain it to her. But, its unfair for her to make you unhappy, just for her selfish desires to take over. that will lead to problems too.

You both need that room to grow again, yes, she feels hurt. Doesnt know how to really react and is trying to backlash, while understanding, you did it this way not to hurt her. But, still all the same, that balance she is searching for, is not being found easily.

Well, thats my opinion anyways. - 

Remember, You always have friends here. Your never alone through your adventures, in happiness and in pain. So hold on to what makes you happy, because happiness can be quite fleeting.

well to quote a recent post elsewhere. The elephant is off your back!
Keep the dialog going but dont be a pest. Talk to her about some cute outfits and see where that goes.
Your doing great kiddo keep going.
Bobbi

I have been going over in my mind how to approach the subject with my wife.  As a matter of fact, I had that conversation again with my therapist.

Here is my thoughts, for what it's worth....  You have to remind her, that she has probably gone through changes emotionally as well as physically, and your love and devotion to her has never wavered.  Maybe there were things you didn't understand how a couple of years ago you could openingly talk of everything, now it's like walking in a mine field.  (But make sure that you tell her you are not trying to lay guilt at her doorstep, but it's truly the way you feel.)

Also tell her you are very willing to set rules for yourself, that nothing matters above your relationship.  But explain to her your need to do this.  Also tell her that THIS is not the way you had envisioned the "talk" to be started.  And for that you are sorry.  

And I also broached the subject with my therapist how in the beginning I was wishing she could of waved a " Magic Wand " and my thoughts of feminization would evaporate.  She told me, that if she would of tried to steer me away, that would do far more damage than good.  She said that is the MAJOR cause of suicide with Transgender's, is the fact they are conflicted on wanting to be who they are versus not feeling who they really are and the perceptions of loved ones.

You really should go see a professional...  It's been a safe haven and a trusted person I can literally talk about everything.  Then, you can tell your wife that you have, that you are trying to figure things out but you need her in the equation too.  And, you are right.  If the professional feels like you are truly transgendered, they will HIGHLY suggest you go on HRT.

I hope this helps and give you a few ideas.  I hope you do know you can chat with me on PM's if you want.

It take great courage, to "come out" to your spouse. The truth has been laid bare, and only time can tell, where it will go. When all is said and done, my dear bun bun, its you , who has to live in your skin. Your love for your spouse, and your children will never fade, if nothing else, it will be enhanced as your hormones settle to where they need to be.

Being in this life, is no easy task, and in our cases, its a hard fought road to walk, full of pitfalls, and stumbles. If we stay true to who we are, and do not live for others, we will be happy, and in turn, happy with others. If we decide to live for others the way they want us to live, I can lead to a very dark place indeed. Stay true to who you are, who you want to be. Those who love you for who you are, will stay by your side, those who don't, may not have meant to be the ones to be with you.

I wish you the very best in your endeavors, my dear friend. Know that at the very least, you have friends here and abroad that will be there to lend advice or an listening ear.

For any of us, this is the hardest and most crucial step to take. knowing those around us, we can understand the reactions that may come forth, sometimes, to our delight, it goes better as planned. For some, it may not go as desired. You cannot change the past, but you can always try to plan for the future. 

Do not regret, every thing happens for a reason, all in its own time, whether its "ordained" , happenstance or coincidence, whichever you believe in.

Stay positive. be happy with you. Be happy with whom you are becoming.

Your squirrely friend,

Tanya Marie Squirrel.

Sophia,
I feel for you, as does everyone else on here, I'm sure. Like everything else to do with this subject, how you proceed with your situation is purely personal and nobody can really help with that, except to be a sounding board and shoulder to cry on if needed.
The only piece of advice I would give you is that, whatever the pressure, do NOT promise her that you will stop everything. You may succeed for a while, but sooner or later it will come back, and then she will find out ( wives always do!), and then you'll have been lying and ....!

Wow Sophia!  So sorry I was not around while you were going through all this!  I hope and pray that this will be the gateway to a new understanding in your marriage- once she has time to wrap her head around it.  Seems like the more we try to plan these things, the less they are under our control.  If you are as happy now as you look in your latest pictures, she should see that as a good thing.  In any case, as we all are painfully aware, even if we are able to stuff the genie back into the bottle, it never stays for long.  The girl within wants out, and she will find a way.  I wish you and your wife the best as you move forward from here- but at least the topic is in the open now, which I would think is some relief.

[quote pid='192736' dateline='1478029624']
Thanks for sharing.   I know a similar conversation is in store for me in the near future.
[/quote]

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon