Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Misty No More

Hi all,

It has been a long time since I last visited this forum, and even longer since I last posted.  I don't envision I will ever re-visit after this post, but I feel somewhat obligated to relate the conclusions I have reached on the journey.

I spent over two years on a high concentration of PM, convinced that I inwardly wanted to transform myself into a feminine mold.  Those two years resulted in a multitude of serious health issues that I now ascribe to messing with the hormonal balance in my body.  Those issues include adult-onset vitaligo, motor-neuron damage causing benign fasciculation syndrome, and macular degeneration.  Since stopping the PM 18 months ago, and engaging an endocrinologist who prescribed both testosterone replacement therapy and an aromatase inhibitor, those issues have larger resolved themselves.  I have also completely lost any desire to feminize or to even cross-dress.

In my case I believe my "desire" to feminize was nothing more than a sexual fetish brought on and enhanced by artificially manipulating the natural hormones in my body. In many ways participating in this forum led to a group-think mentality that furthered the illusion.  Now, three weeks from tomorrow, I am finally putting the illusion to rest with plastic surgery to remove the full b-cup breasts I developed while using PM.  Ironically my surgeon is a well-known expert in "female to male" top surgery. I can't use a traditional gynecomastia plastic surgeon since I have actual female breast tissue and not simply fatty deposits that can be lipo-suctioned.  The surgery is not covered by insurance and will cost me $11K.

My purpose for coming back and posting this is not to stir up a lot of controversy -- in fact I won't even come back to read or answer any comments on this post.  My purpose is just to relate my experiences in hopes of preventing some who may be in a similar situation from repeating my mistakes.  Not everyone who is active here is actually transgender, and there is a real way out of the trap before destroying your relationships and costing yourself many serious health issues and possibly a lot of money to "undo" a mistake. I urge those of you with doubts to visit a doctor (and not one who will push the politically-correct solution of transition) to evaluate your hormonal balance and try the therapies available.  You may be surprised to learn how easily you respond to a different hormonal balance.

Best wishes to you all,

Misty No More

Thanks Misty
Very timely post.
Some of you pain may have been avoided if you had chosen a slower and saner dosage of PM.
Thanks for your input
Bobbi

(24-11-2016, 01:06 AM)Happyme Wrote:  Thanks Misty
Very timely post.
Some of you pain may have been avoided if you had chosen a slower and saner dosage of PM.
Thanks for your input
Bobbi

I can agree with that. 
One other older ( now non ) member is actually in my transender group ( now fully transitioned btw ), she had similar problems with nerve damage. Tingly fingers & compromised motor skills. But, she was another high user, who took all the pills at the same time.

Any medication has the chance of causing problems if misused and abused.

The few stories we read like this should be a warning to all. 

Start of slow & listen to your body. Space your PM/BO out through the day. If you start to feel something is wrong, then stop.

Misty

Thank you

Mods ????

This thread should not be lost 

It needs a stickY

Julie

I completely agree with Julie. 
I have said before, using NBE is no different than using pharma.  Both are manipulating your body and have consequences beyond your original intent.  So tread lightly and begin your journey with open eyes and all of the knowledge you can acquire.
May I suggest SIDE EFFECTS as a new category?  The threads or a dedicated posts would include all of the unexpected or unwanted effects the various NBE herbs generically provide or have specific instances which can be directly related to one or a combination of NBE herbs.
There are posts that outline the desired effects and impact of NBE herbs.  And i thank everyone who has had input into the compilation of that information.  It has help me put together my program.  A similar post with the down side of each herb would be helpful.

Misty refers to the pink fog that we all are in to one degree or another as we make our way to the feminine form we desire.  She talks about the skewed sense of information provided as a result of self adulation.  But isn't that what support groups do.  Face it, most of the world thinks we are nuts.  Maybe we are, maybe we are not, but that is a different discussion.  But we all have come together here to find our information about NBE, the good, the bad, the pretty and the ugly so we can make grown up decision concerning our bodies, minds, health and physical well being, however we define it. 

I wish Misty god's speed in her life.  And the same for all of the men and women you frequent this message board.

christina

I'm curious what constitutes an aggressive dose of Pm?  I've been taking 1000-1500 mg a day without any issues, no other things except for vitamins.  And I quit smoking and a large plethora of drugs (except a green one) so I'm thinking the strain on my body is much lower all in all.  Thanks.

(30-11-2016, 09:41 PM)dijonxXx Wrote:  I'm curious what constitutes an aggressive dose of Pm?  I've been taking 1000-1500 mg a day without any issues, no other things except for vitamins.  And I quit smoking and a large plethora of drugs (except a green one) so I'm thinking the strain on my body is much lower all in all.  Thanks.

I would say 2500+ aggressive, especially if taken all at once, and not spread out.

A bit of caution on a dangerous road is always good advice.  
Sorry for what you went through Misty, and thank you for bothering to come back and share your cautionary tale.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon