Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Interesting read

https://transphilosopher.com/2016/11/27/...-identity/

Interesting read indeed

Poly will kick in on this one soon I am sure

Julie

Thank you Jannet for an interesting article and for a really interesting blog I didn't know about! Another webpage in my "favourites" section Tongue  .

Julie, you know me too well. Of course I was prepared to read the article and comment. However, right now I am fighting a relentless fight with several deadlines. Yes, another work till night Sad  .

So I've just briefly skimmed through the text. And the very last sentences apply to many of us here, don't you think?

In conclusion, being trans is not just about identity. It’s about identity and desire. If there is identity without desire, it is passive, but desire without identity is blind.

Desire without identity is blind. - I think it nicely sums up some topics that were discussed on this discussion board last week.

But what if desire opens a gateway to realise our identity?

Poly

Desire  perhaps would only open with identity?

Julie

Good read indeed,

And this time it wasn't a downer! Yay!!

I can definitely identify with putting effort into this being really confirming.

Just the struggles I have had with removing my body hair are a pretty clear indicator for me.

There is absolutely nothing sexy about epilating, or getting tired at work from muscle loss, or having a stiff face from electrolysis. I would not be concerned with voluntarily standing before a court, abandoning a name that I've been somewhat ok with my whole life, or undergoing a risky procededure sometime in the future that still may not allow me to feel sexual pleasure and certainly won't allow me to have children.

I'm willing to risk being singled out for being a 6 foot tall woman with a masculine jaw. Endure some looks in the make up and shaving aisle, and go through pain and discomfort from growing breasts.

I think that means something.

(29-11-2016, 02:39 AM)Emma Th3saurus Wrote:  Good read indeed,

And this time it wasn't a downer! Yay!!

I can definitely identify with putting effort into this being really confirming.

Just the struggles I have had with removing my body hair are a pretty clear indicator for me.

There is absolutely nothing sexy about epilating, or getting tired at work from muscle loss, or having a stiff face from electrolysis. I would not be concerned with voluntarily standing before a court, abandoning a name that I've been somewhat ok with my whole life, or undergoing a risky procededure sometime in the future that still may not allow me to feel sexual pleasure and certainly won't allow me to have children.

I'm willing to risk being singled out for being a 6 foot tall woman with a masculine jaw. Endure some looks in the make up and shaving aisle, and go through pain and discomfort from growing breasts.

I think that means something.

Sure does, I'm not going through all of this just for a laugh.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon