Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pushing my boundaries

As my self-confidence increases, I get bolder in what I do. Today I had a dentist appointment and I decided that I was going to go as me. Mostly because I feel it's time to stop flipping back and forth. So I show up to my appointment and tell them I'm there. I see my hygienist through the open window and wait for her to come call me. She steps into the room and looks around, but doesn't looks like she can't find what she's looking for. So she steps back into the office area and comes back out looks at me slightly puzzled and says my dead name quizzically at me. I just smile broadly and said yes. I told her that yeah, there's been a few changes, she smiled and said she noticed.

We talked for a bit and took down some of my information and also asked me a few personal questions. She told me, well we definitely need to update your profile picture on file! Big Grin She also asked me if I was planning on changing my name. I said I plan to do so hopefully very soon. She said that they could add my new name as my nick name on my profile as well. After she was done, the doctor came in and she introduced me to the doctor as Sofia. The entire time she's talking to the doctor she genders me correctly and uses the correct pronouns. It was so nice hearing all of that and having someone knowing who I used to be and gender me correctly. It was an amazing experience and I am grateful for people that are supportive.

On a side note I will be posting my progress pictures. I was comparing the ones from November and I was completely taken aback.

(14-06-2017, 06:29 AM)Sofia Bunny Wrote:  As my self-confidence increases, I get bolder in what I do.  Today I had a dentist appointment and I decided that I was going to go as me.  Mostly because I feel it's time to stop flipping back and forth.  So I show up to my appointment and tell them I'm there.  I see my hygienist through the open window and wait for her to come call me.  She steps into the room and looks around, but doesn't looks like she can't find what she's looking for.  So she steps back into the office area and comes back out looks at me slightly puzzled and says my dead name quizzically at me.  I just smile broadly and said yes.  I told her that yeah, there's been a few changes, she smiled and said she noticed.

We talked for a bit and took down some of my information and also asked me a few personal questions.  She told me, well we definitely need to update your profile picture on file!  Big Grin  She also asked me if I was planning on changing my name.  I said I plan to do so hopefully very soon.  She said that they could add my new name as my nick name on my profile as well.  After she was done, the doctor came in and she introduced me to the doctor as Sofia.  The entire time she's talking to the doctor she genders me correctly and uses the correct pronouns.  It was so nice hearing all of that and having someone knowing who I used to be and gender me correctly. It was an amazing experience and I am grateful for people that are supportive.

On a side note I will be posting my progress pictures.  I was comparing the ones from November and I was completely taken aback.

Congrats on having the confidence to go to the dentist, where they only knew you as your former self. It has to feel awesome and empowering for you to be treated and recognized as the new you!

Bye Bye boy... never to be seen again.
Bobbi

Totally agreed

Julie

x

(15-06-2017, 01:53 AM)Jessica4581000 Wrote:  Congrats on having the confidence to go to the dentist, where they only knew you as your former self. It has to feel awesome and empowering for you to be treated and recognized as the new you!

Yeah, I surprise myself from time to time.  Last year around this time I was still struggling to figure myself out, amazing how things can change.

(16-06-2017, 12:25 PM)Happyme Wrote:  Bye Bye boy... never to be seen again.
Bobbi

That would be nice Bobbi, except I don't think my wife nor father really see it that way.  My wife can't see me as a woman, and my dad just thinks I'm his gay son.  Oh well, only 2 out of several ain't bad I suppose.

(16-06-2017, 12:34 PM)julieTG Wrote:  Totally agreed

Julie

x

Thank you Julie!   Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon