Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Questions before Dr visit

I have an appointment with my regular Dr for annual physical coming  up in 2 weeks, and I want him to draw blood so I know what my levels are . Here are a few of my quextions:
- do I stop taking my herbals before I go so I get a "clean" baseline?
- how long gone before visit do I have to stop taking my herbals?
- what specific levels do I want him to test?
I'm also going to ask him for a referral so I can speak to someone regarding my feelings and the direction I'm moving toward.
Thanks
Jessica

(23-01-2017, 07:54 PM)Jessica4581000 Wrote:  I have an appointment with my regular Dr for annual physical coming  up in 2 weeks, and I want him to draw blood so I know what my levels are . Here are a few of my quextions:
I'm also going to ask him for a referral so I can speak to someone regarding my feelings and the direction I'm moving toward.
Thanks
Jessica

Myself, for a regular checkup I didn't worry about stopping herbals.  If a question came up, like LH hormone, then I would tell the doctor what I was doing.  Now, when I decided to come out to my Doctor, I had stopped all herbals for about 2 - 3 weeks prior to appointment.

The main thing is Testosterone.  Don't worry about E, unless the doctor suggest it.  Some insurance companies will not cover Estrogen test's for men, but will for women, where as other hormones they do.  Go figure.

When I cOme out to my Dr I just took a list of all the Herbs I was taking, and the noted effects they produce.

I wouldn't be concered about still taking the herbs before a visit, it'll make no difference.

(24-01-2017, 12:27 AM)Aria Wrote:  
(23-01-2017, 07:54 PM)Jessica4581000 Wrote:  I have an appointment with my regular Dr for annual physical coming  up in 2 weeks, and I want him to draw blood so I know what my levels are . Here are a few of my quextions:
Thanks
Jessica

Myself, for a regular checkup I didn't worry about stopping herbals.  If a question came up, like LH hormone, then I would tell the doctor what I was doing.  Now, when I decided to come out to my Doctor, I had stopped all herbals for about 2 - 3 weeks prior to appointment.

The main thing is Testosterone.  Don't worry about E, unless the doctor suggest it.  Some insurance companies will not cover Estrogen test's for men, but will for women, where as other hormones they do.  Go figure.

Thanks Aria.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon