Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Licorice root question

Whats the dosing i should take on licorice root i heard it is very strong. I dont want to go over board

Since the capsules generally available may typically have a high amount in them, one way to take less is with the liquid extracts. That way you can try as few drops as you want.

As for an actual amount, perhaps someone else could provide some insight.

licorice seems to raise bodily amounts of the hormone estrogen when it is ingested. Estrogen is associated with female sexual characteristics such as breast tissue and menstruation. Although licorice dosages for breast growth have not been studied

A high salt diet may exacerbate adverse effects of licorice including water retention and hypertension. Avoid whole or licorice root if you have high blood pressure, kidney or liver disease, diabetes or heart disease, are pregnant or are breastfeeding. You should not take licorice root for longer than 6 weeks.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon