Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fence Hopping

Hey Julie
So glad that your back and posting thought provoking threads!
To me jumping the fence means that you have left the male part of your psyche on the other side.
The female part is the norm and boy clothes is cross dressing.
Looking over the fence is the dangerous part.
Dreaming about having luscious breasts, mastering makeup, walking the walk and talking the talk, and making those lovely dresses sing with your oh so feminine figure inside. Ahhhh heavy sigh.
But us Fence sitters or peekers throughers, just get to dream and then get on with life, cut the grass, fix the car, go to work, play with the kids, and Make kids Smile .
And we do get the thrill of opening the door in the fence once in awhile, enjoy the masquerade, but we do have to go back. But on the bright side, on this side of the fence, we can have our cake and eat it too.
Thanks
Bobbi

there is no fence.  just milestones on a long, hard, and sometimes rewarding journey.  there are many alternate routes, but they all start with birth and end with death.  coming out is a milestone, starting hormones or wearing female clothes, growing out hair, grooming more like a female are all milestones.  self actualizing as a female is a milestone, but even when we achieve that, there is still much growth to be done.

For what it is worth, I like the concept of fence, high-wire, or fulcrum, but have thought of it more as a place on a continuum where one may locate or balance between masculine and feminine, male and female.  I have teetered somewhere near that point for quite a while, with occasional dips back toward the male side.  I have enjoyed playing on the teeter-totter.  It is just a metaphor, however, and I do not think it needs to be taken too seriously.

With that in mind, and perhaps raising a different topic altogether, I have sometimes felt that the gender-flexing community gets too hung up on terminology.  There are many who readily take offense at the pronouns that are used, how they are addressed, etc.  I am much more relaxed about that stuff and try to focus on understanding what other people are trying to say.   Just my two bits.

Spanky

Totally agreed

The transsexual are you transsexual enough brigade

Spit

Julie

(14-05-2017, 03:46 PM)spanky Wrote:  With that in mind, and perhaps raising a different topic altogether, I have sometimes felt that the gender-flexing community gets too hung up on terminology.  There are many who readily take offense at the pronouns that are used, how they are addressed, etc.  I am much more relaxed about that stuff and try to focus on understanding what other people are trying to say.   Just my two bits.

Its about more than that, to be addressed as 'him/he' when dressed up, completely in makeup, breasts front and center. looking amazing.

Its nothing short of ignorance. You can see the obviousness of gender pronoun identity, but choose otherwise because one or two outlying features, challenge a social norm.(IE: stubble or male-esque body features)
Its not Fair to challenge some one's identity just for the outlined cause of are own affliction. 
We do not challenge the butch and hill-billy women, who look like men. we dont challenge the Metrosexual and FemQ's who look like women. There identity is clearly not close to what they are implying, via there clothing choices and features. 

They are accepted without question to there gender of choice. - Why are we not, why are we challenged, when we identify otherwise, then a normality laid out by phobic politicians a millennia ago.

I guess I just don't think debating about language is the core issue.  I do agree that how people treat one another is important, but I think we can get hung up on language and terminology sometimes, even where no rudeness or meanness is intended.  When there post is about a fence, don't take off-fence.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon