Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Is my Estrogen far too high?

So I have been playing around with a bit of PM for a couple of weeks, and then got a little alarmed by my growth so I stopped this about a month ago.

I have found that I am very very responsive to PM and before Natureday.

I have been taking some Dog Quai and also some Horney goat weed mixture since I have been suffering from low libido for a long time now.

I am on Testosterone Hormone Therapy, and have been for years.

I have noticed that now there are times when my breasts hurt, and I am seeing my body moving fat around (bigger arse).

I am not unhappy with all this.

So I got my hormones checked and my serum testosterone is 530 (348 -1197), free is 8.6 (7.2 - 24.0), but my estrogen is at 200 (40-115).

So I am assuming this is why I am so sensitive.

The question I have is, is this a good level no matter my desires? Should I be concerned about estrogen dominance?

Thanks

(23-05-2017, 11:54 PM)witol Wrote:  So I have been playing around with a bit of PM for a couple of weeks, and then got a little alarmed by my growth so I stopped this about a month ago.

I have been taking some Dog Quai and also some Horney goat weed mixture since I have been suffering from low libido for a long time now.

I have noticed that now there are times when my breasts hurt, and I am seeing my body moving fat around (bigger arse).

So I got my hormones checked and my serum testosterone is 530 (348 -1197), free is 8.6 (7.2 - 24.0), but my estrogen is at 200 (40-115).

The question I have is, is this a good level no matter my desires? Should I be concerned about estrogen dominance?

Thanks

Hi witol,

530 ng/dL is about mid-high range for NBE, at testosterone below 200 ng/dL the likelihood of breast growth is increased. T@  0 - 50 ng/dL is maybe the sweet spot for feminization, imo. 

200 pg/mL estrogen is what gender docs aim for, though 600-700 pg/mL of E is the upper limit (no one will admit though). To recognize estrogen dominance you'll need to know the symptoms, here's some great info regrading estrogen dominance.....which I don't believe you have. 

Estrogen Dominance
https://www.energeticnutrition.com/vital...nance.html

Can I ask what you're trying to achieve?, congrats on getting a hormone test...now you have a better idea to make a game plan, well done.

L.

(24-05-2017, 01:32 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(23-05-2017, 11:54 PM)witol Wrote:  So I have been playing around with a bit of PM for a couple of weeks, and then got a little alarmed by my growth so I stopped this about a month ago.

Thanks

Hi witol,

530 ng/dL is about mid-high range for NBE, at testosterone below 200 ng/dL the likelihood of breast growth is increased. T@  0 - 50 ng/dL is maybe the sweet spot for feminization, imo. 

200 pg/mL estrogen is what gender docs aim for, though 600-700 pg/mL of E is the upper limit (no one will admit though). To recognize estrogen dominance you'll need to know the symptoms, here's some great info regrading estrogen dominance.....which I don't believe you have. 

Estrogen Dominance

Can I ask what you're trying to achieve?, congrats on getting a hormone test...now you have a better idea to make a game plan, well done.

L.

Hi Lotus,

First I cannot believe that I am talking with you. I have read so many of your posts!

So to your question, I don't know what I am trying to achieve. I am not looking to transition, but I am enjoying this strange in between space. I thought I was in control of this, but it seems that my body has other ideas. I wonder now if there is nothing I need to do.

It seems that I have some how managed to achieve this level by doing almost nothing. All I am doing is taking a testosterone cream; I suspect that I am aromatizing my excessive Testosterone.

Reading the link I may be having a few of those symptoms, but not the required six.

Thanks for your reply

W

When I first started HRT last December, my Gender Doctor said he didn't bother to look at E, he was more interested in end results.  The only definitive number he looks at is Total T which is what he wants between 50 - 70.  My last Total T was about 95 if I remember, he then decided to put me on Progesterone as well.  I think I am to go in and have another blood workup next week.

I noticed good growth when my Total T went from 1098 down to 600.  The GD said that meant I probably had around 100 Total E.  He further said that if were to check all number's, he would like not only my Total T at 75 or less, but Total E at around 350.

I hope that helps some.

(24-05-2017, 02:48 AM)witol Wrote:  

Thanks

Hi witol,

Estrogen Dominance

L.

Hi Lotus,

First I cannot believe that I am talking with you. I have read so many of your posts!

So to your question, I don't know what I am trying to achieve. I am not looking to transition, but I am enjoying this strange in between space. I thought I was in control of this, but it seems that my body has other ideas. I wonder now if there is nothing I need to do.

It seems that I have some how managed to achieve this level by doing almost nothing. All I am doing is taking a testosterone cream; I suspect that I am aromatizing my excessive Testosterone.

Reading the link I may be having a few of those symptoms, but not the required six.

Thanks for your reply

W

Sorry for late response Witol (I've not been myself lately), 

My advice is adjusting to the current changes you are experiencing, meaning talk about it, preferably with someone who has or is going through similar experience, or a gender therapist. 

A supra-physiological dose of testosterone cypionate will undoubtedly synthesize to the aromatase enzyme in men with low T...in other words, the excess T provided by the injection is dumped to aromatase instead of being converted to DHT. This is what happens when NBE/hrt is started too (known as a surge)...though it drops off between 30-60 days. 

Per/wiki: supraphysiological

(medicine) Of or relating to a dose of a medicine that is larger than that of an equivalent hormone or other compound normally present in the body
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/supraphysiological

(02-06-2017, 04:28 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(24-05-2017, 02:48 AM)witol Wrote:  

Thanks

Hi witol,

Estrogen Dominance

L.

Hi Lotus,

Thanks for your reply

W

Sorry for late response Witol (I've not been myself lately), 

My advice is adjusting to the current changes you are experiencing, meaning talk about it, preferably with someone who has or is going through similar experience, or a gender therapist. 

A supra-physiological dose of testosterone cypionate will undoubtedly synthesize to the aromatase enzyme in men with low T...in other words, the excess T provided by the injection is dumped to aromatase instead of being converted to DHT. This is what happens when NBE/hrt is started too (known as a surge)...though it drops off between 30-60 days. 

Per/wiki: supraphysiological

(medicine) Of or relating to a dose of a medicine that is larger than that of an equivalent hormone or other compound normally present in the body
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/supraphysiological

Hi Lotus,

Thanks for your reply. I have decided that I am OK with this, but I am wondering should I continue with this process (testosterone cream being aromatased) and then deal with the remaining testosterone, or should I cut back on the testosterone and add PM. I suspect that my testicles have given up producing whatever testosterone they once produced. (I have been on testosterone cream for several years now)

Again thanks for your help.

W

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon