Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Life get's interesting

Doesn't life get interesting when you let down your defenses, get honest and embrace your whole self? It's almost like a plane flight where before you could only choose either Chicken or Beef, but now you have a Buffet at your disposal - you can mix in exactly what you want.

The options have gone from man and woman only, to Agender, Androgyne, Androgynous, Aporagender, Bigender, Cis Female, Cis Male, Demigender, Gender Fluid, Gender neutral, Gender Nonconforming, Gender queer, Gender Questioning, Gender Variant, Intergender, Intersex, Neutrois, Nonbinary, Pangender, Polygender, Trans Man, Trans Woman, Transfeminine, Transmasculine, Transsexual Female, Transsexual Male, Two-Spirit, and more (don't have a cooking clue what half of them are though - haha)

In addition to that, we have assigned sex, gender identification, gender expression, gender presentation, sexual preferences, etc, and it's up to each person to decide which colors you paint your life with - the options are limitless!

It is sad for me to think that there are so many people who outright reject the notion that people can be more that binary greyscales.

Ah Pity the poor straight guy that is looking for the woman of his dreams that he can take home to mom and dad, get married, have children, a career, grow old and die a normal fulfilled life.
Bobbi

(26-05-2017, 12:26 PM)Happyme Wrote:  Ah Pity the poor straight guy that is looking for the woman of his dreams that he can take home to mom and dad, get married, have children, a career, grow old and die a normal fulfilled life.
Bobbi

And that, dear friend, is the reason they have Therapists.  Right?  I find it makes me a little nostalgic wondering why.

Arent these ideas all based upon the original binary....and isnt there a point where adding more and more newly invented terms and permutations of gender labels just mucks up the water?  Doesnt there come a point where all these newly created words become a barrier to reasonable communication?   At what number do we stop adding new "genders?"  100?  200?  2000?  At some point it stops really having meaning and just becomes a quest for new labels to make people feel special.  I think thats what a lot of this comes down to....people trying to feel unique with labels instead of just BEING unique

(26-05-2017, 12:26 PM)Happyme Wrote:  Ah Pity the poor straight guy that is looking for the woman of his dreams that he can take home to mom and dad, get married, have children, a career, grow old and die a normal fulfilled life.
Bobbi

What is truly wrong with that?  Must we be so oppsed to "normal" just because we are not?  I have a son...and I would rather that for him than what most trans or "nonbinary" people go through.

(27-05-2017, 05:52 AM)bathtub-alchemist Wrote:  
Bobbi

What is truly wrong with that?  Must we be so oppsed to "normal" just because we are not?  I have a son...and I would rather that for him than what most trans or "nonbinary" people go through.

BT-A

Your overthinking the situation again....  You cannot tell me in all candor, that you never wished to be back to the days where you "knew" you were normal.  "Hence getting married and having a son".    That is to me, nostalgia.  Life was soooo much simpler when I could bury my female half.  

And yes, labels have a tendency to muddy the water a great deal....  But, that is the way the scientific world knows how to "deal" with persons like us.  If that were not true, they, Therapist and Clinical Head Shrinkers" would still be dealing with us with "shock therapy" and mind altering drugs.  Not just with hormones....  So, think about that a bit.  And be thankful the scientific community has placed labels on us.  Instead of getting out lobotomy, and shock implements of torture.

Bobbi

There is not a thing wrong with normal!
My comment was meant to address the quandary that the future will hold for the guy that just wants a GG. There will be gay bars, Trans bars, queer bars, etc.
And in the middle there are the transwomwen that are very passable and frequent the regular eating and drinking establishments. One will never know they will find when sliding ones hand up the leg towards home.
As Marlon Brando said " The Horror, The horror"!

Bobmo

(27-05-2017, 03:40 PM)Aria Wrote:  
Bobbi

BT-A

Your overthinking the situation again....  You cannot tell me in all candor, that you never wished to be back to the days where you "knew" you were normal.  "Hence getting married and having a son".    That is to me, nostalgia.  Life was soooo much simpler when I could bury my female half.  

And yes, labels have a tendency to muddy the water a great deal....  But, that is the way the scientific world knows how to "deal" with persons like us.  If that were not true, they, Therapist and Clinical Head Shrinkers" would still be dealing with us with "shock therapy" and mind altering drugs.  Not just with hormones....  So, think about that a bit.  And be thankful the scientific community has placed labels on us.  Instead of getting out lobotomy, and shock implements of torture.

Can I sign up for the mind altering drugs?? Big Grin
Bobbi

Big Grin  Well really, its great I think!! You see it just means more on the menu for me because I label myself pansexual, so I will love them all... Rolleyes

(27-05-2017, 03:40 PM)Aria Wrote:  
Bobbi

BT-A

in all honesty, I never, ever wanted to go back to when I was "normal" but then again I always knew I wasn't normal, even if I couldn't always articulate why.  As for getting married and having a son, well, I did, and a daughter to boot, and this was many years into transition.  My life is still following a pretty "normal" trajectory.

as for the labels muddying the waters, I'm not speaking of the labels that the scientific community has started (which are backed by science) but the 79+ new made up genders that have no scientific backing
for example:
http://ageofshitlords.com/list-of-all-tu...ers-so-far

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon