Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Low dose HRT

Many people here take pm as a trial hrt

Many people on hrt go to full transition levels 

But also many go low dose hrt for mental benefits

Many on Susan's org and other forums have taken low dose hrt for 5/10 years and have held on and not transitioned 

Some even 20 years but these people have been on and off 

So what are everyone's thoughts ????

Is hrt the grabber for transition or can it be helpful for mental effects only ?

Is it safe to go on and off hrt over many years ?

Need the experts here and something I can show the wife

Julie

(20-06-2017, 08:50 PM)julieTG Wrote:  Many people here take pm as a trial hrt

Many on Susan's org and other forums have taken low dose hrt for 5/10 years and have held on and not transitioned 

Is hrt the grabber for transition or can it be helpful for mental effects only ?

Julie

I think if you read the thread on susans I posted - the two who are doing the low dose sort of just end up upping the dose..............I guess its down to the individual but given the development some have had from PM there isnt a risk free option either way!

Whilst the mental effects have significantly eased for me I found I liked hrt waaaaaay too much to want to stick to a low dose.  Bicalutamide as well is just ramping up the effects even more but I just dont care anymore about it...........once I have had laser on the face all bets are off after that!

Megan

(20-06-2017, 08:55 PM)MeganJ Wrote:  
(20-06-2017, 08:50 PM)julieTG Wrote:  Many people here take pm as a trial hrt

Julie

I think if you read the thread on susans I posted - the two who are doing the low dose sort of just end up upping the dose..............I guess its down to the individual but given the development some have had from PM there isnt a risk free option either way!

Whilst the mental effects have significantly eased for me I found I liked hrt waaaaaay too much to want to stick to a low dose.  Bicalutamide as well is just ramping up the effects even more but I just dont care anymore about it...........once I have had laser on the face all bets are off after that!

Megan

Hi Julie, thanks in part to your posts here about low dose HRT, I too have started 2mg Estradiol daily.  While, I'm about 3 weeks in now, I haven't noticed much if any mental changes, but then again, the past 3 weeks have been a crazy emotional roller coaster for me anyway, so it may be hard to tell. 

and while I have noticed some physical changes, although minor, I think that at the right dosage, one could safely continue long term on HRT for the mental effects only.  That being said, it also depends I think in great detail on how honest one is with oneself as to what you want out of the HRT process.

For me, while, I'm not adverse to the wonderful physical developments that await me, I'm really hoping that the mental and emotional changes help me answer some questions in the short-mid term, so that I can better understand myself and what it is I want and/or need.

Ummmmmmm

Read an interesting thread on Susan's last night

Some girls upped the e dose and development did not increase faster, neither did relief mental relief

They went back to low dose and development continued but they were able to keep erections 

Must admit I am 1.25 mg per day of Oestrogel which is miniscule and no aa

Lot more breast tissue now than there was a few weeks ago so hoping I'm like some of the girks when said 2/3 month large growth spurt then nothing for some time and they just carried on filling in and rounding

I still need to present as a man for 10'years yet 

Hopefully 

Julie

X

(30-07-2017, 11:39 AM)julieTG Wrote:  Ummmmmmm

Read an interesting thread on Susan's last night

Some girls upped the e dose and development did not increase faster, neither did relief mental relief

They went back to low dose and development continued but they were able to keep erections 

Must admit I am 1.25 mg per day of Oestrogel which is miniscule and no aa

Lot more breast tissue now than there was a few weeks ago so hoping I'm like some of the girks when said 2/3 month large growth spurt then nothing for some time and they just carried on filling in and rounding

I still need to present as a man for 10'years yet 

Hopefully 

Julie

X

Spironolactone could bring a lot of mental relief. The testosterone is the one that disrupts your brains. It's a lot more interesting in your case to look at reducing testosterone instead of increasing estrogen. A dose of let's say 75 mg Spironolactone is not high but would be high enough to reduce your T to 50% of what it was. 

Upping the dose did make me feel better. Development didn't go faster but it reduced my anxiety when my E dose got upped. 

Low dose hormones are a tricky thing if you still need to present as male. They will trigger the desire to go further and before you know you're full-time and post-op in a matter of a year or two. 

(30-07-2017, 01:18 PM)Elissa-FinallyAChick Wrote:  Spironolactone could bring a lot of mental relief. The testosterone is the one that disrupts your brains. It's a lot more interesting in your case to look at reducing testosterone instead of increasing estrogen. A dose of let's say 75 mg Spironolactone is not high but would be high enough to reduce your T to 50% of what it was.

Upping the dose did make me feel better. Development didn't go faster but it reduced my anxiety when my E dose got upped. 

Low dose hormones are a tricky thing if you still need to present as male. They will trigger the desire to go further and before you know you're full-time and post-op in a matter of a year or two.

An AA could bring relief on its own I suppose, though Low T without a sufficiently higher E could have other "complications" other than decreased libido or erections.  Osteoperosis and lack of energy are the two big ones that come to mind.

It constadntly annoys the hell out of me when people say that starting HRT will triggers desires to go further and further, and then before you know Full-time and Post Op.

While that may be true for many Trans people, it is not applicable to all Trans People.  Right now, I am fully in the later category, and as are several people on these forums as well as on Susan's Place.  Hell, I have gone from 2mg Estradiol to start to 4mg of Estradiol and 50mg Spirolocatone and I still have ZERO desire or interest to go full time or get GRS/GCS.  And if one or both of these things change, it will not be a direct result of Start and increasing hormones, but rather because I arrived a much better understanding of my Self.

Myranda, do you still present as male with that does? I've been looking into starting low dose E as well, so just trying to see the route I should go with it, but would still like to present as male for at least a few more years.

(30-07-2017, 04:55 PM)shaneny Wrote:  Myranda, do you still present as male with that does? I've been looking into starting low dose E as well, so just trying to see the route I should go with it, but would still like to present as male for at least a few more years.

As of right now, yes I do.  I have only been on E for 7 1/2 weeks and Spiro for about 3 weeks.  I haven't had much in the way of Physical Changes yet.  Though my nipples, particularly my right one, are  now constantly sore, but only if I actively touch them.  Right now their constant level of soreness is low enough that wearing a shirt does not bother them.

Additionally ass of right now I don't plan on going full time or fully transitioning.  I don't really even have anything in the way of a plan regarding transitioning.  I'm trying to take it really slow and not get a head of myself.  Though that being said, I'm not opposed to upping my does of E even furhter right now, but that is more of my wanting t ohelp encourage the changes I  need to help me better understand who I really am.  And as such, I am of the mind that some physical changes will help me with that question.

Myranda

Well all I can say is this 

Low dose e is significantly and in fact massively different to pm use

I am having thoughts and desires now that I simply did not have with even 2 years on pm

So how do you explain that ?

Before e I was so far to left hand side of the fence the transition word was not even used in my head

In 9/10 weeks on e I admit one day I could transition and in fact would look forward to the idea ?

Julie

(30-07-2017, 08:52 PM)julieTG Wrote:  Myranda

Well all I can say is this 

Low dose e is significantly and in fact massively different to pm use

I am having thoughts and desires now that I simply did not have with even 2 years on pm

So how do you explain that ?

Before e I was so far to left hand side of the fence the transition word was not even used in my head

In 9/10 weeks on e I admit one day I could transition and in fact would look forward to the idea ?

Julie

Because PM is in the end only a phytoestrogen. Of course bio-identical E has much more profound effects. 

I'm on hormones since January 2016 and I don't even recognise the person I was before transition. 
Everything in me changed and it's such a delight. I'm enjoying the ride. 

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon