Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hops as possible alternative to PM

I have researched hops on this site for a couple of hours and I have not found any recent discussion of "hops" effectiveness and dosing.  I tried different PM formulations and had skyrocketing blood pressure issues.

Some of the postings from years ago indicated that hops might work for some people who have issues with PM.  

My questions to the group: is there anyone using hops in their program, dosing levels and brand names?  I would be interested in anyone's results and possible side effects and experiences.  I think there are other people who have issues with PM and maybe hops maybe of interest to them also.

Thanks

TG

Re: I have researched hops on this site for a couple of hours and I have not found any recent discussion of "hops" effectiveness and dosing.  I tried different PM formulations and had skyrocketing blood pressure issues.
Some of the postings from years ago indicated that hops might work for some people who have issues with PM.  
My questions to the group: is there anyone using hops in their program, dosing levels and brand names?  I would be interested in anyone's results and possible side effects and experiences.  I think there are other people who have issues with PM and maybe hops maybe of interest to them also.
Thanks
TG

Haven't tried the hops approach, but if I did I would likely give 8-Prenylnaringenin (8-PN) a shot if I did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8-Prenylnaringenin

I think I mentioned the Swanson Vitamins offering (that features 8-PN) earlier in this thread and that's what I would try (not a suggestion, just what I personally would test if I ever wanted to give hops a go).

I tried hops pills and they gave me a bad case of gas.  I had a slight light-headedness with the pills which was OK feeling.

I then took the hops pills apart and mixed them in a lotion.  I put the lotion on my chest so as to hopefully bypass the gut.  Nope... did not work, still getting gas.  I had a much less "light-headedness" with the skin application.  Not sure if I am going to continue.  I guess its back to FG, which does not give me many side effects.

I bought the 

Swanson's Estro8PN.  Second day of using it and no intestinal gas issue yet.  The total hops supplement gave me gas and I stopped it.  No noticeable effects like breast tingling yet, but I may have a shorter temper?  Very impatient with family. 

I used Hops extract and it did nothing for me. I was of the understand that Red Clover was next in strength behind Pueraria Mirifica. I think hood has a calming effect and it gave me good sleep, but I never noticed any benefit of a boobie boost. Ymmv, possibly. Good Luck.

A couple of days on the Swanson Estro8PN. BP increased but I was able to control it with L-arginine. I will continue to try it until my increased BP problem is not longer controllable.
;

(12-05-2021, 06:05 PM)thegirl1951 Wrote:  

A couple of days on the Swanson Estro8PN. BP increased but I was able to control it with L-arginine. I will continue to try it until my increased BP problem is not longer controllable.
;

Quick update.  I took 3 pills yesterday.  The recommended dose is 2, but since I am male I figured I may need a higher dose to see any results.  I woke up earlier than usual and had less sleep than usual.  Maybe the Estro8PN had something to do with this?  Effects when I got up this morning: strange softness in my lips, softer skin, some pressure in the breast area and increased "foggy" thinking.  WRT foggy thinking, I drove to the store and forgot my wallet.  I have forgotten my wallet only 3 times in 50 years.  hmmm.... real foggy thinking from the Swanson pills?

I quit the 

Swanson Estro8PN (standard 10 mg pill) last month.  BP was the issue and some gas.  I just started today with 1/2 pill (5 mg).  I will see what happens.

(24-06-2021, 02:36 PM)thegirl1951 Wrote:  

I quit the 

Swanson Estro8PN (standard 10 mg pill) last month.  BP was the issue and some gas.  I just started today with 1/2 pill (5 mg).  I will see what happens.

Update.  After doing one day at 5 mg I upped to 10 mg in morning and one 10 mg in evening.  Third day woke up with major brain fog and very calm feeling and weak morning wood.  Minor gas issue and BP was OK.  I had a hard time focusing on reading the newspaper. My nipples appear to be slightly more sensitive and some tightness in chest area.  I am going to try to continue for a few more days and see what happens.

As a side note.  Some reading I have done on 8-prenylnaringenin (Swason Estro8PN) is that this herbal component is the strongest of the herbal supplements. Stronger than PM? 

I have been taking probiotics for the gas issue.  It seems to work and may be of some use to others who have gas issues or intestinal issues with herbs.

As an aside, and for only those who a sense of humor and not PC, I had this intense desire to clean the kitchen today: deep cleaned my dishwasher and countertops.  Maybe Hops do have an estrogenic effect.  Sorry if this incorrect PC comment offends.   Big Grin" alt="Big Grin" title="Big Grin">

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon