Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

A first slip?

I’m afraid I let my common sense slip in a major way for the first time today. That I’ve commited a crime against good taste and a gross indecency, something I’ve always been EXTREMELY sensitive about and more or less managed to avoid so far. I’m quite shaken and sick of myself.

Yesterday I got my face lasered again. Then I sat with a person who gave me a huge dose of motivation and confidence, yet between the lines I could read a lot about the price and the pain I will have to pay for my dream. (It was my own cousin!!! – a successful transwoman I was told about only two months ago! Talk about small world and skeletons in family closets eh?).

Today I got my ears pierced and the earrings. Still digesting all the news and in a totally distracted state of mind I drove for a lunch. To a local school mess hall, as usual. I checked myself in a car rear mirror and slowly began to realize this is not OK, but I was in a hurry and had other things to do after and I couldn’t go back home just because of the looks, could I, so I carried on. The lunch room was full – at least a hundred kids, two dozens of adults. Of course they’ve seen me en femme before, but always prepared, nicely done, decent and enjoying myself. This time was very different.
Imagine that: long hair held high on the head in a feminine manner, exposing shiny earrings – the difference they make is shocking, blood red long nails, breasts in tight T-shirt.
And on the other hand: almost 2 metres, dressed in a haphazard combination of casual clothes (and God, the shoes were a sin:(), a formless backpack, prominent moustache and beard, the rest of the face red and burned and shiny with panthenol. And a manner of a person who knows painfully well he’s just made a grave blunder.

Comments were voiced and jeers were made. Fingers were pointed and the elbows nudged. Heads were turned – adults away from me, kids towards me. I usually smile nicely and stare back until the staring person gets back to his/her business, but let me tell you, some of them kids can take it for 10 seconds easily and there were way too many little heads and my smile was likely poisoned with a hint of a cornered animal’s teeth this time... It was horrible. Some of the cooks (we know each other for years!) smiled anyway, but some turn judgmental and hostile and this time for the first time I felt they might be right and I might be wrong.

And that’s not all. This is a small town, but occasionally big money flows through it (biathlon world championship, etc…) and the town hall string-pullers consider themselves important. They have their lunches here. Some of them were present even. My mother works at the town hall too. My father has his lunch here and he’s got a shop in the town. They all see and they might talk evil if I’m too brazen. „He’s what, 30? and instead of raising his own kids, he spoils ours. What a freak…“ Had I have a reputation to care for, it would be shattered, I don’t, but this could make waves that could reach my parents even and that’s not acceptable.
When I got back to the car and looked in the mirror what I saw… moustache AND earrings… it was so gross it turned my stomach almost.

How could I let this happen?!? I’m spending a lot of time in a nearby big city recently where noone really cares and where I test the new me. I somehow forgot about the different standards here and there. I got carried away by the easy acceptance and all those fears that are falling away from me recently and became careless. The days you could get up and get out looking like sh** are gone, you fool. It backfires and cannot be taken back.

I’ve written it down and feel a bit better. Now to undo the nail polish. It hurts but some concessions should be made and the earrings are NOT going away. I hope I’ll be able to laugh it off the day after tomorrow and it won’t steal too much confidence and fire from my girl! The worst crime of them all, that is.

Today morning I still felt very down and very intimidated in regards to my feminization efforts. I cannot stop it all, that’s out of question, I just wanted to slow down a bit, to take a little break, to live stealthily and safely for a little longer, you know… The last time I felt this shitty and cowardly was a year ago when the anxiety of a then new job abroad whisked everything feminine right out of me.

What did I do? I did the same thing as yesterday. Only prepared. The last thing I wanted to do was to stop wallowing alone in misery, make me more feminine and get out, but I forced myself to it and OF COURSE the procedure itself already changed my mood for better and I headed relatively confidently into the lion’s den.

Already at the stairs a boy of the crowd shouted: „WTF, that’s a girl!“ (Not a woman. A girl!!Big Grin What a darling!Big Grin) The kids stared the same way as yesterday, but today I knew I made what I could and I don’t look offensive and enjoyed it in a way. I sat alone at the table and the town’s deputy mayor (mother’s boss) joined me there. That’s never happened in many many years we both lunch there. As a guy I had for whatever reasons difficulty to even greet these people, but today I just nodded, smiled, gooddayed him – so naturally.

I then went to the drugstore and finally bought a batch of decorative cosmetics – again after more than three years. I did not even mind a store’s coffee machine spitting my macchiato’s milk beside the cup and later finding some bloody joker’s used (chewingTongue) gum in the bitter coffee. This is Czech Republic babyBig Grin.

Okay, I am flattering myself quite a bit, but transitioning (with a light social phobia to boot) is not a piece of cake. I still feel I’m not as efficient as I should but today I did a good job.
I believe there is a moral even, hidden somewhere in the storyWink.

There. Yesterday’s overcome, thread‘s closed.

I had a lunch in that training ground again, guys:). After about a month and a half. Things have changed, I went there for the first time with a made up face and in nice women's clothes and boots. And surprise surprise, the little gargoyles upped their stakes as well. Not content with pointing and looks this time, they laughed and mocked me quite aggressively. Others in turn chastised the mockers as if I was some protection needing curio. Some reaction on my part felt appropriate. No idea what that reaction should be though. Faced with stupidity I've usually walked away, punched its face or stared it in the eye with firm and silent contempt. A more mature approach seems in order. Do you get in similar situations? What do you do?

Wow! Sad 

I`m so sorry this sort of thing happens to you, I have no idea what I would do if that happened, probably run away in tears. I think that doing Nothing in your case was probably the best thing to do!

(08-12-2017, 06:02 PM)oki Wrote:  I had a lunch in that training ground again, guysSmile. After about a month and a half. Things have changed, I went there for the first time with a made up face and in nice women's clothes and boots. And surprise surprise, the little gargoyles upped their stakes as well. Not content with pointing and looks this time, they laughed and mocked me quite aggressively. Others in turn chastised the mockers as if I was some protection needing curio. Some reaction on my part felt appropriate. No idea what that reaction should be though. Faced with stupidity I've usually walked away, punched its face or stared it in the eye with firm and silent contempt. A more mature approach seems in order. Do you get in similar situations? What do you do?

Oki,
I figured this would make you smile...  ;-)

It IS how to deal with the problem.  :-D

-Dianna

Dianna, I employ this tactic sometimes but it's not applicable when the hydra is multi-headed. Plus, those teenagers already know they are assholes and don't give a damn. It would take some wicked teacher's technique to make them feel bad and I don't want to dabble in thatBig Grin. The same goes for intimidation. 

It wasn't that bad, Katie. There was no real threat. Mostly my own panic. My theory is up until recently people felt "oh he's just a little funny in his head, harmless enough, we oughta be nice to him". Now I'm making quite a statement in my stale town and they feel "no shit, he means it, for real?!!" and feel a need to react in some way. 

Anyways I did it again today, dressed even bolder. Kids were tamer today but I still panicked quite a lot. Was even afraid to look at the adults. Not good:/. But I'm gonna do it until we all get used to it!

(13-12-2017, 03:06 PM)oki Wrote:  Anyways I did it again today, dressed even bolder. Kids were tamer today but I still panicked quite a lot. Was even afraid to look at the adults. Not good:/. But I'm gonna do it until we all get used to it!

Interesting! I had this same realisation during my dalliance with androgeny as well. I found that the Further I went into Full-On femme the less looks I got. I would put on stuff that was Way out my comfort zone, stuff that was unambiguously femme do full-on makeup and get absolutely No Looks whatsoever!???

I came to the conclusion that playing the Androgeny game (especially around here) was a great way to shorten my lifespan, and that if i wanted to be safe, I had drop the "mental safety" of androgeny and just got for it and present fully as myself.
there was no Objective safety in androgeny, quite the opposite, I had to Commit or back down. It was also at This point that I went on to a full transition dose as well.
Sometimes you`ve just got to have faith and make that leap! xx

(13-12-2017, 03:06 PM)oki Wrote:  Dianna, I employ this tactic sometimes but it's not applicable when the hydra is multi-headed. Plus, those teenagers already know they are assholes and don't give a damn. It would take some wicked teacher's technique to make them feel bad and I don't want to dabble in thatBig Grin. The same goes for intimidation. 

It wasn't that bad, Katie. There was no real threat. Mostly my own panic. My theory is up until recently people felt "oh he's just a little funny in his head, harmless enough, we oughta be nice to him". Now I'm making quite a statement in my stale town and they feel "no shit, he means it, for real?!!" and feel a need to react in some way. 

Anyways I did it again today, dressed even bolder. Kids were tamer today but I still panicked quite a lot. Was even afraid to look at the adults. Not good:/. But I'm gonna do it until we all get used to it!

Don't let them get to you. Kids are by definition, immature...

The more comfortable you seem, the less they will try to bother you...

I descended into that impish pit three times this week. I always choose the time the joint is full of kids, because I need the practice. I think it's the lifetime of self hate that allows me to subject myself to this with an almost masochistic ruthlessness, ha ha:D. Because it doesn't get easier and to prepare and leave the house is still pretty hard, not to mention terribly time consuming. Once outside though, I enjoy it immensely.
Today I dressed as a woman to the hilt and painted my face the best I could. I looked quite good. Better than many-a genetic woman I'd say. The problem is they all know me and they know I'm just a guy in drag. The crowd is generally quieter now, as my looks are quite persuasive. Some kids want to express their sympathy but are a bit afraid of peers and uncertain how so they greet me theatrically but with obvious goodwill, that's cute.
A pretty thirteen yo maiden threw a shockingly venomous "You faggot" from the depths of a crowd at me (for the phoneticians' pleasure it's a juicy "buzerante" in Czech:D).
But now comes the big difference to my previous adventures here. On HRT I feel much more like a woman, not a trespasser or an impostor like I used to. I was therefore able to smile and laugh straight into their faces when plowing through the crowd. At the moment, my girl was untouchable and invincible.
But still, this was my very first experience of what a) sounded like a genuine hatred and b) felt like making a stand against adversity and it hit me quite hard. When I finally docked at the table with my lunch, my hands were trembling so much I had trouble eating my soup:).
And I went to the manager of the place and asked her to change my name in the ordering system to my female name. She happily obliged:).

yey
well done GIRL
x

Julie

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon