Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Weird Lactation Question

Does producing breast milk interfere with breast development?

Lactation has long been an eventual goal of mine, hence the reason I've been curious about this question. But I've tried numerous Internet searches and haven't pulled any resources that talk about it. Given the reality of teenage pregnancy, I'd imagine if this was an issue people would be talking about it, so I'm guessing the answer is no. But at the same time, anything that affects the breast during its growth seems like it would have some kind of impact.

It's more of an "I'm curious" question right now; any path towards inducing lactation, especially for those of us born male, is much too intense for my current life. But I'm also tired of the Internet rejecting my various queries.

Now I could be wrong, but I always thought it increases growth

Julie

x

It and of itself does not add breast tissue, But due to the ducts filling it does cause the breast to swell.  But the majority of women, once they stop lactating, they shrink w/out adding more fat or breast tissue.  That why a lot of women have saggy breasts after pregnancy and stopping breast feeding.  Its like blowing a balloon up to almost bursting size, then after a few days letting half the air out of it.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon