Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What?... this old thing!

I just thought I`d share a Nice experience with you all, it`s only something simple, but it made me feel good.

it`s Autumn / Winter now so all the summer clothes have to be put away really and the Colder weather stuff has to come back out again. Going through my wardrobe it was a real treat to be seeing again and putting on clothes that I`d worn last year, as if they were old friends, stuff that I`d forgotten that I even had, I had memories of when I wore it last, there was beginning to be some History to me now!
it occured to me that i Never Ever experienced that when I had to wear boy clothes, and it was a really nice feeling  Smile

Katie,
I understand what you mean, without the same emotions....
Boy clothes are clothes. Coverings for the body to keep you warm, or establish a certain presence.

women's clothes are ornamentations, meant to improve appearance, meant to be comfortable, meant to show off and draw attention.
Any good event will be associated with those clothes - bringing you back to that emotional state just by seeing them.

It's a wonderful thing.
Like remembering food, "Just like mom / grandma used to make." Those weekend visits, the pasta (for me)? Wanting Pasta now is actually an emotional emptiness begging to be filled.
The clothes are filling one such void for you.
Congratulations on that! Many more years to repeat the experience, as well.  ;-)

-Dianna

Thanks hun!

I`v been Living Full Time as female now for exactly 1 year, although Officialy as far as the .Gov is concerned my 1 year anniversary is Dec 6`th (the day i changed my Title and Name), but that`s ok because even that is only a couple of weeks away!
And during this time from the then to now it`s gone from having to Seriously plan what to wear each day and ask a load of questions (insecurity based) like, are you Sure this ok? it`s not Too Pink is it? can you see anything (down below)? etc... to being something I don`t really have to think about at all now, and i`v had friends ask me where I got X, Y or Z from, or that I look really good, or I love your taste in clothes, we should go shopping together!. it`s all very ordinary now, i even have what I call Girl Drab (the regular day to day stuff that you spend most time in), like the Novelty`s worn off, they`re not "girl clothes" anymore they`re just clothes, My clothes.

So it did come as quite a pleasant surprise to me when I took out "these old things" LOL, and have a sense of some sort of "History" starting to form. this year has gone by Sooo fast for me, and to feel that sense of Wow has it really been that long since I wore "this old thing" helps me see how far I`v come as well, a way of having no choice but to look back.
you get to a point where you start running out of "Firsts", and this was a new "first" for me, though there`s nothing wrong with ordinary at all (it`s what i wanted!) it is nice when you can tick off a new experience. xx

(20-11-2017, 10:23 AM)Katie Wrote:  [...]

So it did come as quite a pleasant surprise to me when I took out "these old things" LOL, and have a sense of some sort of "History" starting to form. this year has gone by Sooo fast for me, and to feel that sense of Wow has it really been that long since I wore "this old thing" helps me see how far I`v come as well, a way of having no choice but to look back.
you get to a point where you start running out of "Firsts", and this was a new "first" for me, though there`s nothing wrong with ordinary at all (it`s what i wanted!) it is nice when you can tick off a new experience. xx

I hate the term, but - would it be HERstory here?  :-)
-Dianna

Hahahaha  Smile  I Love it! <3

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon