Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

A case for Soy?

Hi All,
  another post on alternatives to PM for those that may be interested.  This is probably more of interest to those who may have a bad reaction to PM, or those who want to change things up from time to time, since PM is very effective and Soy is more expensive than PM.

Soy:   Do a web search on "James Price soy", and "Jeremy Pivens soy" to get a background on two people who had breast growth due to a large amount of Soy Milk intake.  I understand that Mr. Piven's agent later came out to say that his comments were in jest, but I'm not sure if that is true, or just damage control since he is in the public eye.

Both persons had an intake of up to 3/4 gallon of soy milk a day.  That is a large amount of Soy milk, and can be a bit costly (about $5.25 a day where I live in the USA.   With this in mind I did some research on the amount of soy isoflavones in soy milk, and decided to give the below a try for a few months.  It worked well for me - giving me the good effects of estrogen including some breast growth.

Now Foods produces Soy isoflavones in capsule form (I purchased mine online from vitacost), with each capsule having approximately the same amount of soy isoflavones as one pint of soy milk.  Thus six of these capsules would provide about the same amount of soy isoflavones as 3/4 of a gallon of soy milk.  At the price they are selling for now, that would be about one dollar a day for one to take six capsules.  A bit more expensive than PM, but still within many peoples budgets.

Instead of taking the six capsules, I worked my way up to four of them a day and drank one pint of Soy milk since I like the protein that it provides.   This program worked well for me.   I hope that if others give it a try that it will work well for them as well.

Paul

Hi Paul,
I found what appears to be a better deal at swansons.
https://www.swansonvitamins.com/21st-cen...0-veg-caps

How does that stack up to your findings.
Bobbi

(09-01-2018, 04:01 PM)Happyme Wrote:  Hi Paul,
I found what appears to be a better deal at swansons.
https://www.swansonvitamins.com/21st-cen...0-veg-caps

How does that stack up to your findings.
Bobbi

Hi Bobbi,
   the Now Foods soy isoflavones have 60mg of isoflavones per capsule while the 21st Century soy isoflavones - noted in your link - have either 50mg, or 20mg (20 mg is 40% of 50mg) per capsule.  I assume it is 50mg.   At 50mg, the mg/dollar value is better with 21st Century than the Now Foods product.  486 vs 345 mg/dollar.    Good find!

As to its efficacy, I can't say as I have not tried the 21st century product, but I would assume that they make as  good a product as Now foods.

Paul

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon