Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

When to start Progesterone???

Wondering when the best time to start Progesterone is after starting PM.

I'm thinking I should wait until after breast buds have developed, to signal that the E has started to work fully?

Thanks,
Jenn

(24-01-2018, 10:17 PM)Jennipher Wrote:  Wondering when the best time to start Progesterone is after starting PM.

I'm thinking I should wait until after breast buds have developed, to signal that the E has started to work fully?

Thanks,
Jenn

My GD didn't put me on it till I had 38 B's.  Then it was because of my T wasn't done to under 50 like he wanted it.

Basically Prog develops the milk producing structures, which you can't do until you have the basic breast tissue that E gives you

I took a more Holistic approach rather than a scientific one, I`m a great beleiver in "listen to you body", so for me I started taking it when it stopped affecting me negatively.
when I First tried it, it just turned me into a Super Bitch! about 6 months latter I found it made me extremely tired for the entire next day, like I just wanted to sleep all the while, this continued for about a year each time I tried it, so I`d wait a couple on months and try again and get all tired again etc...
a few months ago (about 2 years into HRT) i didn`t do either of things at all, no tiredness or I`ll rip your head off because you had the bare faced audacity to look at me or walk into the room! LOL
Now I feel perfectly normal taking it with little to no noticable mental effects, and a good growing pains feeling in the breast area again (I`d stalled for about a year I think).
Both methods of determination Scientific/holistic lead to the same conclusion really, as those stated in the above posts, so if you`re not really in tune with your body or not used to listening to it, go the Scientific route. xx

Thanks Aria, Pansy Mae and Katie. Guess I’ll wait until some significant changes.

Your thoughts on holistic/scientific are spot on Katie. I’m a bit of an amateur athlete (runner), and am pretty tuned into my bod. Plus, don’t want to be any more of a bitch than I already am!  Tongue

J

(25-01-2018, 08:15 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  Basically Prog develops the milk producing structures, which you can't do until you have the basic breast tissue that E gives you

Maybe, but many doctors feel that no Prog is needed for MTF.  They say in CIS Women, it only sloughs of the uterus wall during menses and help with child bearing.  So, IMO, no one knows for sure other than it took my T from 200 down to just 5.

Prog

turned me into super bitch and as randy as hell

but I think Katie is right, one day your body will take it and accept it and I think overall balance yes can help with structure and certain aeola development,

when I get larger I wil most certainly use it

Julie

x

Facebook HRT forum says "once you have reached at least Tanner stage 3"
Progesterone is also A DHT blocker, some say better than even Finesteride, for helping hair regrowth.

(25-01-2018, 03:45 PM)Aria Wrote:  
(25-01-2018, 08:15 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  Basically Prog develops the milk producing structures, which you can't do until you have the basic breast tissue that E gives you

Maybe, but many doctors feel that no Prog is needed for MTF.  They say in CIS Women, it only sloughs of the uterus wall during menses and help with child bearing.  So, IMO, no one knows for sure other than it took my T from 200 down to just 5.

Whatever the quacks may say, I KNOW that Prog had a positive effect on my volume. I grew  on PM alone but they were narrow with a wide gap in the middle. Then I took Microgest for only a few months but I could definitely see an increase in volume on top and in the middle. Didn't fill the gap but definitely reduced it.

(27-01-2018, 08:12 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  
(25-01-2018, 03:45 PM)Aria Wrote:  

Whatever the quacks may say, I KNOW that Prog had a positive effect on my volume. I grew  on PM alone but they were narrow with a wide gap in the middle. Then I took Microgest for only a few months but I could definitely see an increase in volume on top and in the middle. Didn't fill the gap but definitely reduced it.

I'm not in disagreement, as I am on Progesterone as well.  Besides, if anyone did "due diligence" on research they would find that CIS Women at puberty is loaded up with both E and P...  If I remember what I read on the white paper from John Hopkins University Med Library....  Almost 2x normal E and 3x normal P than women after puberty.   There has GOT to be a reason why that is.  But a bigger question is why don't doctors try to mimic what nature does..  After all, isn't that what a TG is doing?  Re Birthing and going through puberty as the opposite sex???

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon