Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Being Yourself.

it`s often said that Transition is about becoming your true authentic self, and whilst that is absolutely true, there`s actually More to it than Gender!
When I first started it was all about gender for me, I was dropping all the self editing I`d spent a lifetime doing, censoring certain words and opinions, constantly assesing myself; am I standing right? and I sitting right? did I use too much eye contact? OMG did I just touch someones arm when I was talking to them! etc...

All that crap`s over now, but then I soon started noticing that i was almost doing the same again but from a Female perspective! did I just admit to liking retro electronics! or am I walking right, and tying myself up in knots because I couldn`t do exactly what it showed on these youtube vids and chew gum at the same time! (BTW, those vids are great if you want to be a catwalk model, not a real girl!). and I was almost exchanging One set of chains for another!

Surely transition wasn`t about stopping pretending to be someone your not, and start pretending you`re someone else instead?

so I spent quite some time on my own trying to figure it all out by myself, but also joined several Women Only groups and circles whilst i was trying to work it all out.
WOW! I was Astonished at what I was seeing and hearing, there was a Theme that I was Soooo familiar with it was unreal! they all support each other, and the general sharing memes are all about Authenticity and being your True self!, the exact same sort of memes shared amongst close Trans communities! they`re all interchangable!!!!
Trans people and GGs share this exact same societal oppression of being expected to be a certain way, and it`s hurting them, as well as us!

Now I`m not going to go on a rant about intersectional feminism and patriarchal oppresion (you realy don`t want to get me started on that! LOL), it`s just that being in groups has helped me So much as a woman it`s unbeleivable, and I love my sisters very much for uplifting and help empowering me to be the best damn woman I can be!
So much so that I started to Share with them, little bits about myself that I was afraid to share with others (non of them know I`m trans, there`s a limit to what I want to share at the moment).
Much to my astonishemnt, the fact that I have certain skills and hobbies that are mainly Male dominated fields, has helped these women to realise their Own potential and a few have "come out" with pride about some of the stuff They like that they would never really share because it`s seen as un-Feminine. Some of the stuff is amazing too! and you know what? it`s met with nothing but Love and support, you CAN truly be yourself.

I metioned that some of my skills and hobbies are mainly Male dominated areas, I`m and Electronics Design Enginner amongst other things, and hang in groups that are like 99.99% guys, and I help them out, and show my designs and builds, and leave most of standing in the dust with their jaw on the floor. I`m sure I`v bruised a few egos along the way, but that`s not my problem, but again, Overwhellmingly I`m met with positive responses (including several marriage proposals!) and made a lot of friends along the way, and dare I say started to make a little bit of a reputation for myself (in a good way), yes I`v had to prove I`m not some air-head and yes I`v been excluded from certain places because they thought my request to join was made by mistake, Twice! but I got some other guys to join there and vouch for me, and then when I arrived blew them out the water technologically. and not Once have I been seen as Less than a girl!

you really Can be you! ALL of you, not just certain bits and hide the rest, be ALL of yourself!
Women will suport you, and you`ll be helping them too by your example.
and Guys will just think it`s Hot!

F**k Stereotypes! and girls don`t do this or that nonsense, by the very fact that you do it, means that YES, Girls DO do that! be ALL of You!

Namaste! xx

atta GIRL

yes too bloody right

really pisses me off this put women down bit

and how on earth do you get a gender pay difference

good post Kitty Kat

x

Julie

x

Beautiful post Katie. You’ve clearly done wonderfully navigating your journey, in spite of the challenges! 
You are a role model and inspiration!

As a non-transitioning TS, I’ve been a feminist and liberation theologian, now extending into the LGTBQ arena, for over 30 years (long before it was in vogue for female scholars!), and although it raised eyebrows and has caused tension with many (mostly males), it was my own way of expressing who I am!
 Regardless of where we are on the TS continuum, I believe it’s important for us to find ways to be a voice for change and acceptance of all people as equals.

You go girl! 

Hugs,
Jenn

Awww, Thank you! that was never my intention, but I`ll take it Cool (well, maybe the Inspiration bit was kinda on purpose LOL)

there was a post just generally asking "what are you hobbies, show us a pic" kinda thing, and it was all nice, there were about a dozen posts all showing things like arts and crafts, decorated cakes, dance instructors, flowers arranged etc...
I posted mine:

and all of a sudden among a flurry of WoWs and Likes, other girls were posting pics of them Rock climbing, fixing race cars, rough terrain cycling, roller derby and so on, and what was really sweet, was one girl that had posted prior to this posted again, this time Not what was Expected of her, but she actually played Rugby!!!!

it was so lovely to see people actually Owning It! xx

awesome

shit where did you get that photo of a super model ?
x

Julie

x

Katie:

Much like yourself, I have had plenty of time for retrospection and introspection as to who I am. I have found, over the process of time with NBE & HRT, that some of my interests have changed, but for the most part, the original ones have remained. Most of my "hobbies" are still rooted in the male-driven machismo world. However, me being who I am , bring the strong-minded feminine touch to them. (remember Rosie the Riveter from WW2 ads?). My interests range from poetry to alchemy to blacksmithing (I have 13 books on that subject alone). I have an enhanced love for music (which, to me has been heightened from hrt it seems), at one time "that was a good song" to now "omg, I feel like that" or " That song was beautifully written". 

I have found that a percentage of men who see a strong-minded women tend to be fearful or feel "less than" due to the fact that they are socially brainwashed that MEN need to be strong, need to be protective, need to be independent, while women should be eternally submissive and do everything that the man desires or commands. This is not true for ALL the male populace, just some that are from the post-economic situation of the late 50's. ( no offense to anyone of that era). From the 60's on, where there was liberation and female rights, that is when you see a subtle shift of what the socio-economics perception was to become. 

The family nucleus has changed, No longer is the male the sole bread-winner, but now women became the co-supporters of the working world. This of course has impact in the nuclear family, where the role of parentage has been divided equally, and the responsibilities are shared. The Stay-at-home mom, is now more independent, as her perceived roles in the household has shifted. Sometimes to the point of total role-reversal with sometimes the dad being the stay-at home parent. 

a recent pole of NFL viewers put the female viewership at 46% of total viewers. What does this mean? It means the social norms have shifted. Perhaps at one time, the females were not as into the game as previous. "sports is a man's game" so to speak, back in the older generations, I am sure there were female fans out there, but perhaps not as prominent.  

What does all this have to do with what you said? well, for me, we are constantly breaking barriers that were once considered strictly Male-orientated, whether it be anything from the video game society to formerly male-driven positions in society, politically or even economically.  "The world is your oyster" seems to be the new mantra. We have arrived in society at a time where there is the demand for more equality between the sexes (rightfully so).  Talent has no gender. 

Be strong,  be you. Let no person tell you what it is to be female, or what it is you are "supposed" to conform to as a female. We are not to be "cookie-cut" to conform to what a person's perception is. Gender is fluid. 

I can be just as feminine, swinging the hammer to metal, as I can be nurturing and gentle with all those I come in contact with. Only you can define, for yourself, what it is to be female.

*hugs*

(05-02-2018, 03:47 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  Be strong,  be you. Let no person tell you what it is to be female, or what it is you are "supposed" to conform to as a female. We are not to be "cookie-cut" to conform to what a person's perception is. Gender is fluid. 

I can be just as feminine, swinging the hammer to metal, as I can be nurturing and gentle with all those I come in contact with. Only you can define, for yourself, what it is to be female.

*hugs*

I Love that! ❤️

BTW, it`s Lovely to see you again, not seen you for a while, kinda missed some of the old squad! xx

(05-02-2018, 04:22 PM)Katie Wrote:  
(05-02-2018, 03:47 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  Be strong,  be you. Let no person tell you what it is to be female, or what it is you are "supposed" to conform to as a female. We are not to be "cookie-cut" to conform to what a person's perception is. Gender is fluid. 

*hugs*

I Love that! ❤️

BTW, it`s Lovely to see you again, not seen you for a while, kinda missed some of the old squad! xx

Thanks! I go in cycles in my research. come the better weather, I tend to be outdoors more, in the garden or at the campground. As of late , work has been requiring my full attention. The most recent "promotion" I have, is managing two departments now. so it has kind of stressed me out a bit, have a few health concerns I am dealing with. but for the most part, I am back.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon