Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Mastitis?

I’ve recently developed a small, but very painful, lump directly underneath my left nipple. My routine today has been hot compresses and massaging the ducts towards my nipple. So far, I’ve had some relief. It feels like the lump is smaller and bumping my breast doesn’t hurt nearly as bad. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar situation?

(30-08-2018, 04:12 AM)ErinMichelle Wrote:  I’ve recently developed a small, but very painful, lump directly underneath my left nipple. My routine today has been hot compresses and massaging the ducts towards my nipple. So far, I’ve had some relief. It feels like the lump is smaller and bumping my breast doesn’t hurt nearly as bad. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar situation?

Ya, it's called "budding" and is quite natural when a female is in puberty or a male is growing breasts.  Just look at earlier program pages and almost all of us has had the same problem.

why is this thread called mastitis? unless you`re having problems breastfeeding (and i suspect you`re a long way off from being able to do that) it`s Not going to be Matistis sweetie Big Grin

(30-08-2018, 05:12 AM)Aria Wrote:  Ya, it's called "budding" and is quite natural when a female is in puberty or a male is growing breasts.  Just look at earlier program pages and almost all of us has had the same problem.

I wish it was budding, but that happened YEARS ago.

(30-08-2018, 07:16 AM)Katie Wrote:  why is this thread called mastitis? unless you`re having problems breastfeeding (and i suspect you`re a long way off from being able to do that) it`s Not going to be Matistis sweetie  Big Grin

Hi Katie,  

From the Mayo Clinic site—
Mastitis is an inflammation of breast tissue that sometimes involves an infection. The inflammation results in breast pain, swelling, warmth and redness. You might also have fever and chills. Mastitis most commonly affects women who are breast-feeding (lactation mastitis)

Even though it is common for women that are breast feeding it does not rule out other cases.   

Why did I title the post Mastitis? ?  Because I have not had a Dr opinion and I'm hoping that it isn't something more serious.

(30-08-2018, 12:23 PM)ErinMichelle Wrote:  
(30-08-2018, 07:16 AM)Katie Wrote:  why is this thread called mastitis? unless you`re having problems breastfeeding (and i suspect you`re a long way off from being able to do that) it`s Not going to be Matistis sweetie  Big Grin

Hi Katie,  

From the Mayo Clinic site—
Mastitis is an inflammation of breast tissue that sometimes involves an infection. The inflammation results in breast pain, swelling, warmth and redness. You might also have fever and chills. Mastitis most commonly affects women who are breast-feeding (lactation mastitis)

Even though it is common for women that are breast feeding it does not rule out other cases.   

Why did I title the post Mastitis? ?  Because I have not had a Dr opinion and I'm hoping that it isn't something more serious.

If you are " Well past budding", it would be wise and cautious to see a doctor.  Could be anything from hormonal changes to breast cancer.  Not to put unnecessary scare into you, but no one here is a doctor.  Such questions or worries should be taken to a doctor.

(30-08-2018, 05:05 PM)Aria Wrote:  If you are " Well past budding", it would be wise and cautious to see a doctor.  Such questions or worries should be taken to a doctor.

+1

(30-08-2018, 04:12 AM)ErinMichelle Wrote:  I’ve recently developed a small, but very painful, lump directly underneath my left nipple. My routine today has been hot compresses and massaging the ducts towards my nipple. So far, I’ve had some relief. It feels like the lump is smaller and bumping my breast doesn’t hurt nearly as bad. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar situation?

If it is cancer, I would advice against radiation therapy as radiation has been known to cause cancer.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon